Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Post 'As Sweden segregates swimming pools to accommodate Muslims, battle of sexes surfaces

'As Sweden segregates swimming pools to accommodate Muslims, battle of sexes surfaces'

Published time: 1 Jun, 2016 16:04Edited time: 1 Jun, 2016 16:08

© Reuters
    The issue of having separate swimming hours for females is not something that should be racial or targeted at a particular faith group, argues Dilly Hussain from the British 5pillars Muslim news website.

TrendsEU refugee & migrant influx

Sweden's ideals of equality between the sexes, not to mention its ability to accommodate an increasingly multi-confessional population, are being put to the test after it was revealed that an increasing number of public swimming pools are due to have women-only hours.

The move was supposedly to accommodate the growing Muslim population as Europe's migrant crisis continues. However, a probe has reportedly been launched into whether such initiatives actually discriminate against men.

RT discussed this issue with two social advocates on different sides of the debate: Dilly Hussain from Britain’s 5pillars Muslim news website and Toni Bugle, a founder of 'Mothers against Radical Islam and Sharia'.

RT:
    Dilly Hussain, what is your response to this and to what extent do you think European countries should be changing their ways in order to accommodate immigrants?

Dilly Hussain:
    I think the issue of having separate swimming hours for females is not something that should be racialized or targeted to a particular faith group. What you find is that comfort is something which is desirable by both sexes, so you find women and men of all faiths and none who may prefer to swim or do certain activities with their own sex. We shouldn’t pander to this kind of arbitrary subjective conception of gender equality.

RT: But isn’t the move towards segregation connected directly to religion? Isn’t there a link to the fact that in certain countries it is a legal requirement that men and women go swimming separately?

DH:
    Yes, there is a legal requirement for Muslim-majority countries. If Europe wants to accommodate that, then that’s their choice. But if they don’t want to, that is also their choice. What they shouldn’t do is accommodate for it and then exacerbate public opinion against a particular faith group or migrants.

RT: Toni, what is your reaction?

Toni Bugle: I don’t think the public are exacerbating the problem at all – the problem has been exacerbated by the behavior of immigrants who have targeted children and women in such a way that it is now caused men to also become victims because they are seen as being just as bad or capable of committing these crimes. There should be no segregation…The majority of the crimes at the moment have been perpetrated, through no fault of mine or yours, but by immigrants. These immigrants have come from Islamic countries. And when it comes to segregation, I believe, the more segregation you have, the bigger the gap you are going to have, the bigger the divide you are going to have between communities. How do you then rectify the problems we’ve got within communities if we keep dividing them?

'As Sweden segregates swimming pools to accommodate Muslims, battle of sexes surfaces'

Swedish police accused of covering up sexual assaults committed by refugees at music festival

Father says Swedish government evicting his family in public housing to give way for Muslim migrants

Shianee Mamanglu-Regala 06 June 2016

(
    Facebook/White Genocide Project) Uffe Rustan (right), joined here by his two teenage sons Rasmus and Linus, says, 'It feels like I'm worthless.'

A father and his two teenage sons in the Swedish city of Lidingö were left dumbfounded after the Swedish government allegedly ordered them to leave their home by August this year to make way for asylum seekers from the Middle East.

Infowars.com reported that the Swedish government through its local municipality issued the notice to the family over the phone.

"I was evicted from my home over the phone. When I asked for the reason, he said that people come from other countries. He left the news and basically just said have a nice weekend,'' said Uffe Rustan, a father of two teenage boys.

"It feels like I'm worthless, even though I pay taxes and my kids go to school here. You cannot put a family on the streets for another family. Just when it starts to feel like home, we are evicted,'' he added.

Rustan lives in a public housing with his two teenage sons, Rasmus, 15, and Linus, 17, both born in Lidingö. The lease works on a six-month basis and he had already renewed once, reports the Daily Caller.

Initially, the city government informed Rustan they didn't have any future plans for the building and that they might work out a permanent contract for him and his family. However the city reneged on its promise of a permanent housing contract.

The building has also undergone major renovations, but the city government has not compensated the family for the trouble caused them by the renovations, says the report.

Rustan said the news was "depressing" and wondered why ''native Swedes "were being treated worse than migrants arriving in the country for the first time."

Sweden is currently suffering from a housing shortage but is reportedly handing over property to economic migrants, with some politicians even encouraging citizens to give up their garages to migrants.

Evicting families from public housing to accommodate Muslim migrants has apparently started to become more common in some parts of Europe. In Germany, low income Germans are beginning to receive notices of eviction to make way for the migrants from foreign countries, according to reports.

Germany is spending 600 million euros per year for housing migrants in upmarket Berlin hotels at a cost of 18,000 euros per refugee. In contrast, the city's 10,000 homeless people are left to fend for themselves in the streets.

Father says Swedish government evicting his family in public housing to give way for Muslim migrants | Christian News on Christian Today