Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Tancredo protesters turn violent

Tancredo protesters turn violent

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_4755896

By Anne Mulkern
    Denver Post Staff Writer
    12/01/2006

Protestors at a Michigan law school turned violent Thursday as they attempted to stop a speech by Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Littleton. (Post)

Violence erupted at a Michigan law school Thursday when protestors tried to block a speech by Colorado Congressman Tom Tancredo.

Police were called after protestors pulled a fire alarm prior to the speech on immigration policies. There were at least three violent incidents with protestors targeting student backers of the event, Tancredo, R-Littleton, said today.

"One was spit on, one was kicked, and one was punched," Tancredo said in an e-mail. "Tires were also slashed."

Michigan State University College Republicans and Young Americans for Freedom sponsored the event.

Tancredo went to Michigan State University College of Law as part of a visit to the state to talk about immigration. He leads the group that opposes legal status for illegal immigrants.

Protestors interrupted the speech with loud shouting.

College newspaper The State News reported that protesters carried signs reading "Ignorant Racist" outside the room where the speech was held. They were not allowed in with the signs, the paper said. It also reported that about 40 people attended the speech.

Tancredo said in the email that protestors organized on the Internet social networking site Facebook.

"They declared ahead of time on facebook that they would not allow me to speak," Tancredo said in the e-mail.

Tancredo also is meeting with the Republican state party chair, members of the state legislature, and is speaking at a fundraiser for a Republican women's group, Tancredo spokesman Carlos Espinosa said.

Please pray for Tom's safety.

Once again the OBL proves that "rights" only apply to them.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Sounds like a bunch of minnows, exposed to industrial waste, which are trying to eat the whale.

Just goes to show the civility and the lack of respect for the US the illegal alien supporters have. They are simply crass. I’m constantly seeing inappropriate behavior by the IA supporters. They lack etiquette. That’s usually taught at home. These kids didn’t even get it, when Barney the Purple Dinosaur told them to use their inside voice. What about respect for your elders a Biblical principle? Ahhhhhhhh, got to go, I feel a total rant coming on.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mob rule strikes agiain!
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Tancredo went to Michigan State University College of Law
    Man, kinda makes you wonder if the jury trial will become obsolete and cases are decided by the larger mob. Everyone will have to ride a bus home. What a country we'll have when the Young Americans for Anarchy go into the world?
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Michigan State University College of Law

I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with the on going disruption of the right of speech under our constitution by people who disagree with open borders and the illegal alien influx and crime into our country. Unjustifiably some colleges seem to be lacking proper security for speakers invited to appear like Congressman Tom Tancredo. Your college and your stufdents have violated Mr. Tancredo's civil rights, constitution rights and his right to personal safety. And the most horrendous fact is, this College is one of many where the student's future will be in the field of law, and they obviously aren't learning the fact that this is a free country, with the freedom of speech and the right to disagree no matter what the subject is. This reflection doesn't do well for your college or the ant-constitutional behavior of your students. It also shows a total disrespect for our laws, citizens and constitution that is the on going actions of most open border and illegal alien supporters

sent e-mails to
    Michigan State University College of Law
    Click here: MSU Law: Faculty & Staff Directory
    http://www.law.msu.edu/directory.php

and sent copies to

TOM Tancredo
    info@tancredo.org

sent e-mails to
    Alsup, Connell, Associate Dean for Student Affairs 308A 517/432-6806 (106) alsupc@law.msu.edu

Apol, Jack, Professor of Law (Profile) 359 517/432-6891 apolj@law.msu.edu*

Baldwin, Esther, Executive Secretary to the Dean 368C 517/432-6993 (170) baldwi91@law.msu.edu*
    Bedikian, Mary A., Professor of Law in Residence & Director of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Program (Profile) 414 517/432-6889 (179) bedik@law.msu.edu
    Flory, Kristen, Marketing Project Manager 320A 517/432-6959 florykri@msu.edu*

Beard, Jacklyn, Faculty Secretary 316 517/432-6818 (109) beardja@law.msu.edu*

Callen, Craig R., Professor of Law (Profile) 421 517/432-6805 callen@law.msu.edu*
    <div>If a squirrel goes up a politician's pants... You can bet...he'll come-back down hungry.....

</div>

Banned
    The more extreme and violent the reaction against people like Tancredo, the more apparent it becomes that those supporting illegal immigration have NO legitimate argument whatsoever to support their position. So, out of desperation, they resort to shouting people down and spitting on them, hurling obscenities, or worse. I guess these students have not been taking debating classes at Michigan State.

One look at the Mexican Congress and we know where they get their cultural attitudes. They act like animals.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Man, kinda makes you wonder if the jury trial will become obsolete and cases are decided by the larger mob.
    I'm not even wondering ... you must have gotten a peek at the same crystal ball I stared into.

Its scary. Lets see isn't that three violent protests now? Someone bring me up to speed on them. I know that Gilcrest et al were attacked at the 911 commemorative and the Minute Men were prevented from speaking at another University. Why do I think that is just the tip of the ice berg?

God Bless T. Tancredo and keep him safe. This nation needs him desperately!
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast