Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tancredo wins applause at NAACP

Thursday, July 12, 2007
    Tancredo wins applause at NAACP
    DETROIT -- As Susan Milligan noted in today's Globe, Republican presidential hopefuls have largely shied away from appearing before organizations and groups deemed to have a liberal slant. But don't tell that to US Representative Tom Tancredo of Colorado, the lone GOP candidate to appear this morning at the NAACP's annual convention in Detroit.

After he came out, Tancredo wandered around the empty stage, not knowing which podium to use. "Oh, right here?" he said when led to the center lectern. "Oh my gosh, this is amazing."

"Do you think we should wait a few minutes to see if these other guys show up?" Tancredo said, drawing a big laugh from the crowd. "Do they know something I don't know, is that it? I think actually I know something that they don't know."

That line drew a loud cheer from the audience, clearly appreciative that Tancredo had bothered to show up. He used his opening remarks to talk about his signature issue, illegal immigration, and how it was hurting American workers, and especially African-American workers. Tancredo said he gets "insulted" every time he hears that illegal immigrants are working jobs American citizens won't take.

"I've done those jobs, you've done those jobs, our kids have done those jobs," he said.

All eight Democratic presidential candidates will take part in the forum shortly.

Posted by Scott Helman

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/pol ... ins_a.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Where were Rudy & Mitt? Oh, and what about Fred?
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

kudos to him....

I am glad he actually spoke about illegal immigrations negative impact on black americans.. way to go!!!!!!!

How hopefully, the NAACP will wise up --

Totallly brilliant!!!! Now, I would like to see the Dem. candidates follow that up--they will probably get booed off the stage!
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I freed thousands of slaves; I could have freed more if they knew they were slaves.
    --Harriet Tubman

It sounds like Tom gave a very good speech and is polishing his language and debating skills. I think the debate in September and October combined with good numbers from the Iowa Straw Poll could potentially place him in the top candidates tier.

This is great news!

Tancredo 2008!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm thrilled to learn of this.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

MW
    Captainron wrote:

Totallly brilliant!!!! Now, I would like to see the Dem. candidates follow that up--they will probably get booed off the stage!
    Unfortunately, according to my local news rag (Raleigh N&O), Obama was the shinning star that received the most applause. The only thing my paper said about Tancredo is that he was the only Republican in attendance. Anyone know why none of the other Republican candidates showed up?

FYI: The Raleigh N&O is a liberal rag.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn