Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tea Party Patriots join immigration fight

"Tea Party Patriots join immigration fight"

http://www.congress.org/news/2010/05/14 ... tion_fight
    Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

Thanks for that Mark.

The nation's largest tea party coalition has decided to jump into the immigration debate and back Arizona's new law.

The leaders of Tea Party Patriots have long said they won't get into social issues like immigration that could divide their base. Their Contract From America purposely hovers around their three core issues: small government, free markets, and individual liberty.

But as the new Arizona law fueled a nationwide debate over immigration, the Patriots decided to put their involvement up for a vote. Members who took part in a national conference call voted unanimously in favor of joining the debate.

"Like everything we do, we went to our membership," Mark Meckler, a national coordinator for the Patriots, said. "This is not a racial issue. It's a matter of national sovereignty."

The Patriots plan to take part in a rally on May 29 at the Arizona Diamondbacks stadium in Phoenix.

The baseball team has been targeted by immigrant rights groups who are boycotting Arizona. Those groups are also planning events on the same day.

They plan to march to the state capitol in Phoenix while the tea partyers hold their rally.

-- Ambreen Ali, Congress.org
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

Good news!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Ooooo, I bet Dick Armey is fuming right now

TOO BAD!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Ooooo, I bet Dick Armey is fuming right now

TOO BAD!
    Making some good tea as we speak.
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson