Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

tms

Teacher, Canned for Immigration Letter Plans to sue

http://headlines.agapepress.org/archive/9/222005g.asp

Veteran Teacher -- Canned for Letter -- Plans to Sue Florida School District

By Jim Brown
    September 22, 2005

(AgapePress) - A veteran Florida school teacher who was forced out of her job for writing a letter to lawmakers complaining about illegal immigration intends to sue her school district.

Orange County school officials have apologized repeatedly to outraged members of the Hispanic community for Jan Hall's letter, which expressed concern that illegal immigration is draining tax dollars and hurting the public education system. The letter also stated that several Puerto Rican teachers in the district lacked proper educational qualifications.

After the Spanish-language newspaper El Nuevo Dia obtained and published the letter, Orange County school officials suspended the longtime teacher without pay and barred her from all school property in the district.

Now Hall has notified the district of her intent to file a $20-million lawsuit. A spokesman for Hall, local conservative talk-show host Doug Guetzloe, says the teacher was merely exercising her free-speech rights.

"[W]e have [had] registered sex offenders that have worked in the Orange County public schools that have been suspended with pay," Guetzloe notes. In that light, he says, it makes no sense to have a "teacher with an unblemished record, someone who teaches students and teaches them well, [and] cares about her students, suspended without pay because of publication of a letter which was never intended to be [made] public."

Guetzloe believes the district is unfairly portraying Hall as a racist. He takes issue strongly with that insinuation.

"Mrs. Hall is someone who has, out of her own pocket, purchased shoes for students who have shown up without shoes so that they would not be sent home. Does that sound to any reasonable person like a bigot?" he wonders. "The other thing is that when she chose to do her dissertation for her master's degree, she chose to go to Mexico City. Now if you were a bigot, you certainly wouldn't go to Mexico City."

Guetzloe adds that Hall, who has 33 years of teaching experience, even conducts free after-school tutoring for Hispanic students who struggle academically.

Orange County school officials have six months to respond to Hall's notice of intent to sue.

previous:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-9122-jan.html+hall
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-8450-jan.html+hall
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

I hope she sues the pants off the school district. One thing I have learned from personal experience, if you speak the truth, you will be labeled a racist When I would go to my home owners assocaition meetings to cpmplain about over crowded housing conditions, men bathing in their backyards with metal tubs, or slaughtering a live pig, I too was called a racist and told it's their culture. After 8 years of beating my head against the wall, I decided to move. The final straw was the MS-13 graffiti on the playground equipment and fences along the playground

I wish her all the best.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

YUP! She gets fired for speaking the truth and who cares if the letter was going to be made public or not? Thank the DEMOCRATIC PARTY for these types of things! Don't get me wrong, Bush and some Republicans are horrible on immigration as we all know but it is the Democratic party that has made all this multi-culturalism diversity you are a racist if you oppose us attitude!

Tolerance for ILLEGALS is going to destroy this country as we know it!

BTW Look at the local schools in your community and see how the schools with the white kids (Asian students in California have the best scores in that state I understand?) do well on testing and how schools with IMMIGRANTS generally stink? We are thinking of moving next year for just this reason and my daughters are half Hispanic and bi-lingual. If the public school has lots of minorities and most are eligible for free lunch then the school will be underachieving with poor test scores.......this is NOT racism but reality! The Denver papers put the test scores with racial breakdown and economic indicators. Johnny can read and write and Juanito no puede! Juanito cannot! Is this RACISM or reality? But I am a racist for posting this...? I think not!

WE WILL ALL STAND BESIDE HER
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

GOOD FOR HER!!!

I am so tired of political correctness. EVERYBODY'S TIRED OF IT. This double standard applied to white people is just sick and it's time to fight back.

(AgapePress) - A veteran Florida school teacher who was forced out of her job for writing a letter to lawmakers complaining about illegal immigration intends to sue her school district.
    She should also be suing the Congressman that the letter was sent to. The staff member that sent that letter to the papers. Should have been dismissed a long time ago.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Orange County school officials have apologized repeatedly to outraged members of the Hispanic community for Jan Hall's letter, which expressed concern that illegal immigration is draining tax dollars and hurting the public education system. The letter also stated that several Puerto Rican teachers in the district lacked proper educational qualifications.

When did it become Orange Counties business to apologize for something one of their teachers wrote on her own time? Since when can school officials tell us how to act or think on their own time? Even if she is racist (which she isn't) so what! It's still not their business. I hope she sues the hell out of them.

If they don't like it--tough crap. Why the hell are "school officials" apologizing for someone else? Isn't this woman entitled to her opinion? God only knows that so many "professional minorities" are in a non-stop criticism-fest of evil white people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast