Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Teen Reporter Threatened For Reporting the Truth.

This Kid is the Youth we have all been looking for. With the right encouragement he can be the voice for the next generation of Americans.

I have written a letter to him via the school's newsletter and I hope others do as well. Who knows, if he gets enough national attention maybe some major cable news station will pick up on him and do a feature about his story. That would get the attention of other youth.

Here's the school newsletter's email address:

chsparents@listserv.corvallis.k12.or.us

His Name is Trent Demarest

INVASION USA
    Teen reporter targeted for immigration column
    Oregon high school hosts pro-Mexico protest in response to op-ed piece

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: June 8, 2005
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Ron Strom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    © 2005 WorldNetDaily.com
    A 17-year-old student who wrote an anti-illegal immigration column in his school newspaper was targeted by a radical Hispanic group that sponsored a protest where students marched through campus behind a Mexican flag.

Trent Demarest of Corvallis High School in Corvallis, Ore., tells WND he decided to make his last column of the school year about what he considers one of the most important public-policy issues facing the U.S.: illegal immigration.

"It wasn't the first time I've written a controversial opinion piece," Demarest said, "because I'm the only conservative on the high-school newspaper staff in a very liberal town."

Demarest said he was taken aside by his faculty adviser the day after the column was published in the High-O-Scope newspaper.

"She told me: 'There are a lot of people really upset about your article. I've gotten outraged e-mails from teachers and there are kids who want to beat you up,'" Demarest explained.

In his column, Demarest takes President Bush to task for his immigration policies.

"I can't support anything President Bush has been doing regarding our borders lately, because in reality, it's pathetic," wrote Demarest. "And as September 11 taught us, pathetic policy today inevitably leads to tragedy tomorrow. I am sick and tired of watching him fiddle while America burns. He has done nothing about the single greatest problem facing our country today: open borders and the resultant unchecked human tide that surges from Mexico every day."

Demarest said the first on-campus protest was organized by students, the leader of whom claimed the column included "racial slurs." Many of those who protested, up to two-thirds, had not read the piece, Demarest says.

In the column, Demarest said those coming to the U.S. illegally from Mexico are "not all happy little Hispanic agricultural workers" – a phrase he admits was "a poor choice of words" and for which he submitted an apology in this week's edition of the school paper.

Demarest said those participating in the first protest of his column were not necessarily Hispanics, but rather "the uppity-ups in the English Department."

The second protest, held on Thursday, was more about "brown pride," Demarest said, and was sponsored by the MEChA chapter at Oregon State University, which is also located in Coravallis.

MEChA is a radical pro-Mexico student group that says it is committed to "the physical liberation of Occupied America" and a separate Hispanic nation in the Southwest U.S. It's motto is "Por La Raza Todo, Fuera de La Raza Nada: for the race, everything; outside the race, nothing."

The protest consisted of about 50 people marching around the campus in silence behind a Mexican flag.

According to the Corvallis Gazette-Times, about 10 percent of Corvallis High's 1,400 students are Latino, many of whom refer to themselves as Mexicanos.

Demarest says the school paper has received many letters about the column, some from people "almost proud to be illegals." He says he personally received letters from teachers who demanded he retract everything he wrote.

The teen, who plans to continue writing and editing for the paper next year as a senior, says he has had some anonymous threats, but nothing he is too worried about.

"Some have threatened to beat me up to the vice principal," he told WND. "I don't really care; it's not like I'm scared or anything."

Ron Strom is a news editor for WorldNetDaily.com.

OCAngel
    good article. strange I read it then it seemed to have disappeared. You must have pulled for edit work.

Hope the kid can fight the heat.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hi Charles, I see the story is still there, but it is also posted on ALI-PAC homepage under news stories.

Here's his contact info in case that disappeared too.

chsparents@listserv.corvallis.k12.or.us

His Name is Trent Demarest

I wrote him a letter just to show my support and to let him know he is courageous. This is a prime example of the beauty of youth. He stands up for the truth and what is right in the face of danger and opposition. Unfortunately, as we age these qualities are beaten out of us.

We need to catch this kid before he is beaten down. Let's help him.

OK that explains where it went and why it's back.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Is this a silly question or what, but what happened to the kids the teacher told him were gonna "beat him up?" Have they been suspended, have they been expelled, or patted on the head and handed a free school lunch with "atta boys"!

Any student threatening another student needs to be expelled, arrested, detained, "heard", and deported from this country in LESS THAN 24 HOURS!!

MEcha needs to be INVESTIGATED BY THE FBI!!

How did these grown ups get ON THE SCHOOL PROPERTY FOR THE DEMONSTRATION?

Schools are for learning, not demonstrating. The only rights MEcha, Brown Pride, Mentally Deranged Students Seeking Violence have on school property....is a response article or deportation.

GET THESE PEOPLE OUT OF OUR COUNTRY NOW!!

Go Kid Go!!

I'm writing you an email now, Darlin"!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

E-mail Sent!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The worst part of this, IMO, is the 'teachers' who've demanded that he retract everything he's written.

Corvallis parents should publicly chastise them, and remind them who pays their salaries, and for what it's paid.

Real teachers would pull him aside for the 'little agricultural workers' comment, gently 'chew in private', and then encourage him to continue presenting the unvarnished truth, about every subject, in his high school newspaper.

And BTW, where was the adult supervision and leadership that should have reviewed his article, not for censorship, but to catch 'the poor choice of words' which inexperienced writers sometimes choose.

A young writer made a young writer's mistake. Those who could have prevented the problem didn't. And some adult 'teachers' are acting like children as a result.

To twist current phraseology--You go boy!

Bobb, exactly--I know our school newspaper was reviewed by our teacher before it went to press!!

To me, the worst thing is letting these organizations onto school property for a demonstration protest. If students want to protest something on school property, fine, but MEcha and the others? No way is that right or even safe in my opinion. Look what happened at Baldwin Park. Someone was injured.

Judy,

I didn't read the actual article, so I'm not sure if the folks parading silently around the campus behind signs and flags were students who were sponsored by MEChA, or were adult members of that organization. If they were adults, the school administration should be held accountable. I kinda get the idea they were students, but am not sure.

Check out JihadWatch.org, too, if you haven't already. I posted here about the flag desecration in New York by Muslims.

There were TWO PROTESTS!

The first one was small and the article says consisted of "uppity ups" in the English Department. (?)

THE SECOND ONE was sponsored by MEcha from OREGAN STATE UNIVERISTY and had 50 people marching silently behind Mexican Flags. My impression by the choise of the word "People" instead of "students" was that this set of 50 were ADULTS from Oregan State University and anyone else they could round up for this silly preposterous "march".

College MEcha organizations, which are adult orgaizations, or any other organization, should not be allowed in any way shape or form on a high school property. PERIOD.

Our school administrators have either lost their minds or they didn't have any to begin with!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast