Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ignorance is the primary tool of fascism

Let me start by saying this – YOU GUYS DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!

How many people here read the article? How many go to Corvallis High School?? My guess is none. I have read the article many times and I go to CHS, I know who Trent is and let me tell you this is getting blown way out of proportion. The fact is that the article violated district policy - the school is supposed to be a “harassment free zone� this means that the newspaper has a code of conduct – even in the opinion section. The political view of this article had nothing to do with the uproar it created. The fact was that he had a racist comment in there which was not allowed. The teachers did not threaten him, most of the people at CHS don’t care.

The Hispanic community at CHS was very offended by the “not all happy little Hispanic agricultural workers� line. There were also other lines which could be easily misinterpreted to be very racist comments, I don’t think Trent meant them to be this way, but the fact is, it was offensive and should not have appeared in the school newspaper. I don’t think this article was all that bad at all, and if he had written in to the local, non-public school newspaper (which Trent’s father does consistently), nobody would have thought twice.

Trent is correct, Corvallis is a very liberal community, but we can also cope with the fact that there are many conservatives in this town as well. I agree with Trent, something needs to be done about the border, there is definitely a problem, but the way he expressed it was more hateful than he should have.

I really want to stress that most of the teachers that “threatened him� did not do this in the least. There were many people (both faculty and students) who asked him to write an apology, but these letters were never violent, more informative. I say the previous sentence with the exception that there is always someone who is incredibly offended by it and writes a not that says “I am going to beat you up�, but this is definitely not the widespread opinion of the students or staff. If any of you have read “Nothing but the Truth�, this is it.

It is not a violation of freedom of speech, if somebody wrote a liberal article which contained a racist comment, there would be another uproar as well. If you think this is a violation of freedom of speech, then the district policy needs to be changed, but the fact that this is a conservative view has very little to do with the protests.

I would also like to say that MEChA isn’t the evil organization you make it out to be, it wants to stop racism and that is why it held the protest. Lets face it, if the same thing happened with a liberal article in a conservative town, nobody on this forum would protest.

The fact is, without immigration, most of us wouldn’t be in the USA at all (I am NOT SPONSORING ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION). In conclusion, don’t write about stuff you know nothing about – as I said earlier, this is not about the political viewpoint and many people don’t seem to understand this, if you haven’t read “Nothing but the Truth�, please do, then you can connect with what happened here.

PS - I would like to add that Trent was never punished in for this assignment.

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Quote Originally Posted by bot_feeder
    "American citizens are not allowed to have an opinion on the matter. We've had it too good for too long, and it's your turn to feel the fear and persecution that the oppressed in this country have to endure."

Brian, what about the wealthy sweatshop owners who are on your side. According to your views they do not have a right to advocate open borders.

Have you been telling the corporate lobby that is on your side that they need to shut up and leave it to those of you on the left to do the advocacy?

That is the thing that is most wrong with Brians statement. The ones that have had it the most "too good for to long" are precisely the greedy sweatshop owners that are on Brian's side.

And the ones that are suffering the most from open borders are precisely those low-income Americans, disproportionately minorities such as Latino Americans and African Americans, that have in no way "had it too good for too long."

It amazes me that the open borders advocates of the left take the side of corporate greed against low-income workers struggling to improve their standard of living.
    Huh? You're putting words in my mouth I never said. My statement reflected what an illegal alien coming into the United States thinks of the average person whose job or life they are affecting. The ones who are criticizing illegal immigration and all the negative repercussions they are having on our country.

The illegal would look at a sweatshop owner as some sort of hero since they are getting work from them. Never mind they are being used and abused for profit by the owner. In the eye of the illegal the ones getting hurt or complain are evil.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

All those organizations use the excuse of "fighting racism" to justify their existance, same with the SPLC, ACLU, Pink/Pink/Black Panthers, Atzlan, etc

ACLU, MEChA Racist???

OK, one thing we need to get straight is the fact that MEChA is not a big organization, and is really made to help hispanic people get used to the USA. In case you didnt know, lots of immigrants are legal, so there is nothing wrong with this.

What I really find entertaining is the fact that you seem to think the ACLU is evil. If you paid attention in History class you would know that the ACLU (the people you hate) filed suit against the State of Illinois on behalf of a group of neo-nazis (your friends) who wanted to hold a parade. Illionois did not let them hold it, but the ACLU fought for em... hmmmmmmmn....

Well, if that isnt proof, I dont know what is...

Gregea
    you need to take you OBL butt some where else. You are baiting, you have violated forum rules.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Re: ACLU, MEChA Racist???

Quote Originally Posted by Gregea
    OK, one thing we need to get straight is the fact that MEChA is not a big organization, and is really made to help hispanic people get used to the USA. In case you didnt know, lots of immigrants are legal, so there is nothing wrong with this.

What I really find entertaining is the fact that you seem to think the ACLU is evil. If you paid attention in History class you would know that the ACLU (the people you hate) filed suit against the State of Illinois on behalf of a group of neo-nazis (your friends) who wanted to hold a parade. Illionois did not let them hold it, but the ACLU fought for em... hmmmmmmmn....

Well, if that isnt proof, I dont know what is...

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Gregea,

Allow me to point out a few things to you.

One, the treatment of this writer is consistant with the La Raza training treatement of anyone that says anything about illegal immigration and that is to call them racist and threaten them in many ways.

There does not have to be any real evidence of racism, the Mechistas and pro-illegal liberals do that as a standard plan of action. It is an attack and it is designed to hurt and falsly discredit anyone that has the guts to say illegal immigration is a problem.

If you do not believe it, try writing an article or opinion piece yourself all about what a problem illegal immigration is and see what happens.

Two, the threats are regular practice as well.

Here is a message you might want to pass around in your high school. Hey Trent! Stick with it buddy, we are with you. High School teeachers and admins, we are sick of these people flagrantly parading around supporting illegal behavior.

It's one thing to be illegal, and its another thing to wave it in our faces.

Things are going to change in this country and the 4 out of 5 Americans that want our existing laws enforced will have their way.

You can take that Mexican flag, start a parade with it at the front and lead anyone that wants to follow it right back to the border you do not respect or recognize.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234