Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oh, Oh, Oh, I can get to power with the latino vote. I will say anything and kiss a pig to get there.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If you folks want to get the amnesty warning word on Kinky out, we need documentation. If you can find an article, a transcript, recording, etc... Where Kinky gives his views on this then we can get it out.

Texans are our second largest group of contributors behind Californians and we would not want to fail in such an important warning.

William
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    If you can find an article, a transcript, recording, etc...
    Kinky's webpage about his views on illegal immigration:
    http://www.kinkyfriedman.com/2006/03/pr ... _poli.html

Kinky's FAQ webpage:
    http://www.kinkyfriedman.com/issues/faq.html

Well, I just did a pretty extensive search and couldn't find anything worth using as reference other than the words on Kinky's own website. Maybe his latest announcement of his support for Bush's amnesty is so new that it hasn't started to make the rounds yet.

I did find out a few things I didn't know though. For one thing, Kinky's alleged stance in the past was for tougher laws which would make illegal immigration a felony and put a strong fence on the border. So this latest announcement of his appears to be a big flip-flop.

Also, I found out that Carole Strayhan's past views were supportive of guest workers and amnesty, with no fence on the border. Now she's talking a whole lot tougher, so again we seem to have a big flip-flop.

Sorting out political lies and half-truths seems to be a very confusing effort, to say the least.

Kinky Friedman today said he supports the legislation passed Monday by the Senate Judiciary Committee, which includes the legalization of the country’s 11 million illegal immigrants who hold jobs, pass background checks, and pay fines and taxes.

Friedman also supports the expansion of the guest worker program, which would allow approximately 400,000 new guest workers per year. Friedman has been calling for a Bracero-sized program since he first announced his candidacy for governor in February 2005.

“I’ve been urging action on the border for over a year,” Friedman said. “I’m pleased that Congress is finally debating an issue I’ve been talking about since I announced my candidacy – the re-introduction of a guest worker program that allows immigrants to legally enter our country and seek opportunities. I hope this puts an end to the countless lives that have been lost on the backs of cargo container trucks on U.S. soil at the hands of coyotes who take advantage of those seeking a better life.”

Friedman urges Gov. Rick Perry to put partisan politics aside and meet with Govs. Bill Richardson and Janet Napolitano to develop a coordinated state plan which would supplement the federal efforts to stem the tide of illegal immigration.

Posted by Kinky Web on March 28, 2006 03:19 PM | Permalink

Comments
    Immigration is an emotional issue, but not exceedingly complex. I do not agree 100% with Kinky nor the four plans I heard about that were before Congress, and surprisingly, I agreed with the bi-partisan Kennedy-McCain proposals least of all. I think it's something that could be compromised and please some of the people part of the time. It's tragic, like the Kinkster says, that anyone should be dying in the back of trailer just trying to have a better life. When I was young, I worked alongside illegal immigrants and it was a great comfort to me to have had native, U.S.-born Mexican-Americans suporting me when my life was put at risk when I was assaulted on-the-job twice, once which could have resulted in losing my life or a limb. Years later, I would hear complaints from carpenters in Austin who complained about losing work due to illegal immigrants, and another story of mischief on the job that put other workers at risk, again on a construction site. Right before Y2K ended, a German's work permit expired in our workplace, and she was being deported back to Germany. She complied with the law, and I think she appealed and eventually was allowed to return. The only thing I see wrong with this is that illegal immigrants from Mexico bypass this whole process. The illegal immigrants from Mexico leave me with an impression that it is too much like slave labor in the South before the Civil War. It cost the Southerners to provide food and shelter for slaves, but it costs big companies little to provide shacks for migrant workers to live in while bringing in the crop. Robert Kennedy was an idol and hero for me and I recall his meeting with Cesar Chavez, denying myself grapes, Coca-Cola products, and in an unrelated matter, tuna fish, but anyone who works here should respect the existing laws. Illegal immigrants cost the U.S. muchos dolares with free emergency room care, and free schooling, and they contribute nothing, and sacrifice the full pay a native U.S. citizen would be aid. Some illegal immigrants are members of an alleged "Mexican Mafia" and should be identified and not be allowed to return. On our job site, the illegal workers would be notified in advance when the INS was going to show up, and they did not show up on those days. If we need six million workers because U.S. citizens cannot or will not do the work of picking crops or building highways, then by all means, document these workers, give them a six year work visa, treat them better than what history indicates in some cases, and control the flow, build the fences, and tatoo them when they are deported for illegal entry, and ensure they are not allowed to return. I don't see that a lot of new legislation is needed if the current laws were enforced. We have citizens naturalized who can't speak English. The U.S. allows big corporations to export jobs to India or wherever the new global economy world order indicates supply and demand are favorable to corporate profit. Why not export the jobs to Mexico? Many people see 11 million illegal immigrants as a problem. Some of these same people have no problem hiring illegal immigrants as day laborers for less the two thirds what it would cost them to hire U.S. citizens. Austin, TX lost 11 million jobs in 2000 before I had to leave, and no one is spending any money to allow them to work for six years. I am disabled and cannot do hard labor, nor can I get the U.S government to declare me as disabled, because they believe I could do some kind of minimum wage work, if anyone would hire me. A living wage in Austin is more like $10.50 an hour. Minium wage is $5.15, and undocumented workers often work for about $3.15 an hour or less. So I am borrowing money to go back to school to get a new credential to get a new job in a new career, while tuition rises and the Bush Gang reduces federal fnding for education. I can just barely go to school, because I am disabled. I can't get food stamps, and I can't find work. Maybe everyone who has support and power to raise money should join Kinky in running for office at the local level to change all of this craziness. Let's stop rolling downhill like a snowball headin' for hell...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I live in Austin and I have a Kinky bumper sticker on my truck. I'm scraping it off tomorrow. I saw his candidacy as a way to vote against politics as usual because he wasn't really taking a stand on any issues and I saw him perform with his band "The Texas Jew Boys" a couple of times at the Broken Spoke when I was much younger. They had a Texas flag for a logo with a star of David instead of the five point star. I also read his novel Armadillos and Old Lace which was pretty bad, but funny. He is a libertarian, but the Governor has very little power in Texas. I'd like to see someone other than that mannequin Rick Perry as governor: however there is no one running who is against open borders.
    Maybe I'll just write in Vicente Fox, he'll be out of work by then. Maybe he can help some of his compadres sneak across the Texas border into Oklahoma.

Re: TEXANS BEWARE: A vote for KINKY is a vote for AMNESTY

[quote="TxCracker"]Here's the straight dope from the horse's as... er, I mean mouth. These are the words of a Marxist Zionist Liberal hiding under cowboy's clothing. Note how he is willing to compromise the security and economy of our entire state AND country just so a few foreign criminals won't end up as candidates for the Darwin awards:

Ron- What is a Marxist Zionist?
    Marx hated Judaism and Marxists hate Zionism. Zionism was and remains a crime in every communist nation.
    The Marxist parties in Israel are Arab dominated and explicit in destroying Israel. This is in keeping with the policies of the Third international (Commintern)

Post deleted for violation of ALIPAC rules. No race-baiting.

Now...let the Cracker-bashing begin!

I'm saddened by the choices for Texas. If there was a chance to replace Perry with anyone, I think that would be the way to go. Need to break up the Texas corridor bunch in Spain's pocket. Could Texas really get anything worse than Perry?
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Geezzzz
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Quote Originally Posted by TxCracker
    Here's the straight dope from the horse's as... er, I mean mouth. These are the words of a Marxist Zionist Liberal hiding under cowboy's clothing. Note how he is willing to compromise the security and economy of our entire state AND country just so a few foreign criminals won't end up as candidates for the Darwin awards:
    I am sickened by this...gezzz..questioning everything right now..Is this some kinda set-up ..yuckkkkk
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast