Like Tree5Likes

Thread: These Immigrants Are Trying To Become U.S. Citizens To Vote Against Donald Trump

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thumbs up These Immigrants Are Trying To Become U.S. Citizens To Vote Against Donald Trump

One million people are expected to apply for naturalization in 2016 — some because of Trump.

04/22/2016 04:45 pm ET Amber Ferguson Associate Politics Video Editor, The Huffington Post

Thousands of immigrants from across the nation are taking steps to become U.S. citizens in hopes of taking down one man — Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump.

In June 2015, the business mogul called Mexican immigrants “criminals” and “rapists.”

Now, “In places like Colorado, Texas and Florida, we’re seeing thousands and thousands of immigrants who don’t have naturalization yet saying, ‘I want to become naturalized and I want to vote against Donald Trump,’” says Tefere Gebre, the executive vice president of the AFL-CIO.

Citizenship drive organizers in California say they’ve seen a huge spike in interest from people who want to become citizens.

Nearly one million people are expected to apply for naturalization in 2016, according to The New York Times. That’s about 200,000 more people than average in recent years.

“I’m an example—I’m neither a thief, nor a rapist, nor a delinquent,” says Leticia Aguilar, who is seeking U.S. citizenship, in a Huffington Post video. “I’m none of that; I’m an honest worker and do my work with a lot of effort and dedication.”

At centers across the country, organizers help immigrants fill out an application, speak with a lawyer and take classes to prepare for the citizenship test.

Even though only 18 percent of Hispanics take Trump seriously as a presidential candidate, the Republican has vowed he “will win the Latino vote” if nominated.

“Mexicans need to come together to bring him down, stomp on him and keep him crushed,” says Reina Chambers, another woman seeking U.S. citizenship.

These Immigrants Are Trying To Become U.S. Citizens To Vote Against Donald Trump

why do you want to vote Against trump I will tell you why he tell it like it is you have ourjobs
    & you every thing free & we pay for this & trump know what going & your country & you don't like that TS if you want to become US Citizens get in line many more are in line also
    good luck trump

Cruz promises to do the same thing.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They need to ALL be deported and go fight for their rights and freedoms on their soil. Stop all legal and illegal migration, student Visa's for the next 16 years! No refuges, no asylum, no migrants from anywhere. And make it clear there is no such thing as an anchor baby...never was, never will be. Take "your" family and go back to where you came from. These countries need to have a mandatory population control plan implemented.

22 trillion in debt, millions and millions on welfare and food stamps. Millions out of work. Stop bringing more people into OUR country. We have drought, floods, tornados, hurricanes, fires, and many issues we need to save and prepare for. Our water systems, roads and bridges need to be fixed. Our airports updated as well as a biometric system to put in place so we know who is coming and going. Cut off all foreign aid...we are getting the shaft and have been used and abused for far too long. Taxpayers had better stand up and vote TRUMP! American's first.

Trump 2016 & 2020...Ivanka 2024 & 2028