Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Time poll: Only 27% Approve of Bush’s Handling of Imm

This article deals with more than illegal immigration so here's an excerpt of the article............

IMMIGRATION: Only 27% approve Bush’s handling of illegal immigration, which the President has addressed this week with his proposed “guest worker� program. Almost two-thirds (64%) say that illegal immigration is a very serious problem. The issue plays better with Bush’s base, with Republicans believing it is a more serious issue than Democrats (70% - 59%).

A majority believe the U.S. is not doing enough to secure its borders (74%) and that illegal immigrants hurt the U.S. economy (64%). Most (72%) favor a guest worker program for illegal immigrants, with a quarter (24%) opposing. The public is split though on whether illegal immigrants should be eligible to register for the program in the U.S. (50%) or have to return to their own countries to apply (45%).

http://rawstory.com/news/2005/Time_p...dent_1203.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Even if there is acceptance for a three to six year departure by illegals should that slow rate of departure extend to users of fraudulent federal immigration documentation.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Interesting.

Bush's poll numbers went up a little this week. Some were saying it was because of his "new tough stance on immigration".

I found that hard to believe, and maybe it's not true.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Do you ever wonder how people reconcile their beliefs?

How can people believe "illegal immigrants hurt the U.S. economy (64%)"
    while at the same time "Most (72%) favor a guest worker program for illegal immigrants".

It makes no sense at all to me.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

I think three to six minutes to get them all out of here is too long.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Count, i was going to say the same thing. That just doesnt make sense and i would have to see how the question was answered! I think the numbers arent right becuase everything that i have seen doesnt say that and why would it? It doesnt makes sense to say one thing and another someone is bloting the numbers on that question.

P

I see how those numbers can happen. People are brainwashed into thinking that giving the illegals green cards is going to make it OK somehow. they don't understand that it will only entrench them further into the welfare system.

Most (72%) favor a guest worker program for illegal immigrants, with a quarter (24%) opposing.
    This one surprised me the most. I just find that extremely hard to believe.

I did see the Fox Opinion poll had Bush's approval rathing back up to 42% but I would need to see other polls besides FOX. They probably only as THEIR viewers!!! Maybe it's just a flash in the pan since they actually SAW the President a couple of times this week and remembered who the President was????
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

The numbers in this poll about the approval levels for a "Guest Worker" program are way OFF!

Lou Dobbs was citing a poll a few weeks ago showing the President's proposal only having about 26% support.

Can anyone locate that more accurate poll?

W

Well, was Lou's poll his OWN poll??? I've noticed that they NEVER agree with the national polls and for good reason. His viewers share OUR VIEWS so those polls are NOT scientific. SURELY that other one is way OFF.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast