Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I dunno. I think that the people are still angry because he is putting the cart before the horse by trying to push his guest worker thing through BEFORE he seals the border but some are easily led and think that he is at least paying attention to the situation. It is up to us to make sure Congress gets involved and does it in the right order.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And maybe it IS the way the question is posed. BUT, that STILL just doesn't tally up in my mind. Maybe people don't really understand what the guestworker program would mean
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

That is what I tried to say. The gov't (Dems and now Reps alike) have got half the people in this country convinced that the only way to fix this problem is to hand 20 million illegal immigrants amnesty in the form of green cards or guest worker status that can culminate to green cards, then naturalization. They definitely don't understand because half of the people on line arguing politics are college students who weren't even born yet when the first bunch were given amnesty and leagalized. They don't undertstand that there are millions more because of that first offer of amnesty.

Do you realize that all the would-be illegals from Cuba in Florida are automatically granted amnesty if they can put one foot on American soil? I realize those people are supposedly running away from a horrible tyrant who's loss I won't mourn when he finally keels over. But does that mean that anyone who has a rowboat and the guts to row it across the ocean should automatically be an American? But that is the law. And those are the kind of laws that got us into this mess to start with.

And please don't think that just because Cubans happen to be Hispanic that I'm picking on Hispanics. They just happen to be the people for whom this special privilege was written and I disagree with it. How hard could it be for literally thousands of people who are strong enough and capable enough to risk their lives rowing boats, cars, (yes CARS!) rafts and any other device that will float across the ocean to overthrow one dictator on an ISLAND! They don't like it here, they want to be there, yet they want us to change our ways instead of going back to take their island back from Castro. It just doesn't make any sense to me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I never could figure that one out either. Why do they just have to get one foot on the sand to be allowed to stay?? MYSTERY!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12