Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tom Tancredo for President

Just announced

Tom Tancredo is testing the water for President.

Let's hope he can make something ahppen? If nothing else, maybe he can force the issue into the national consciousness? He's a good man though. We'll see what happens?
    D.W.

I will vote for him.. Let's get all the people together to make that possible
    "Ask not what your country can do for you --ask what you can do for your country" John F. Kennedy

Fox News had his announcement running on their ticker. It said he would make illegal immigration one of his central issues, not surprising. I hope his advisors will be able to tie that into the economy, the war on terror, education, etc. He can totally do it, as they all are intertwined.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

YES!! I was hoping. I can see how my town is waking up and getting angry -surely this is happening more and more around the country.

Wake up.

I stop to get a lottery ticket today and there is yet another Panderia next to it. On the front door they had a hand written sign in Spanish advertising for a baker. I'm standing there reading it shaking my head when a couple come by to get in. Gave me quite a look -didn't care.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

His official webiste is

www.teamtancredo.org

I have committed myself to a monthly fee to show
    support. Tom does not have the financial backing
    others do ...and neither do I, but I could do a monthly
    donation. I can not possibly think of anyone better
    than Tom. He needs our help now....just as we have
    needed his help. We must support him. The future
    of this country depends on a honest person to be in
    government.

hes got my vote already. as long as we have no immigration policy and the feds wont enforce the laws that are on the books and he is one that is pushing for the fence and no amnesty, im not sure im going to care what his other views are though i did watch him on Cavuto this afternoon

MW
    Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA) is my first choice and Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-CO) is my second choice. Rep. Paul (R-TX) is my distant third choice.

I'm just sorry that our support is going to be split on this. As much as I like Tancredo and appreciate what he's done and is doing, I just don't like his chances. Unfortunately, I think he's going to get murdered by the media on a few issues that may resonate with a lot of potential voters. Such as: He broke a term-limit promise, deferment from military service during the Vietnam War, and had illegals do construction work on his home. Furthermore, as we all know, Tancredo has made a ton of enemies and you can bet they will do everything in their power to shut him down. Let's face it, he's been involved in a lot of controversy. Heck, seems like I even remember hearing something about him being accused of being associated with a couple extremist groups, which is probably not true, but I do remember hearing something about it in the news a while back. IMO, the thing that is going to hurt him the most is his deferment from military service during the Vietnam War - there's a lot of veterans out there. Moreover, we live in dangerous times, especially when your consider the threat China, Korea, and Iran pose to our future. Personally, I think Duncan Hunter is better suited to face those issues. Furthermore, his immigration and border security voting record is right there with Tancredo's.

Just call me the devils advocate.

Let me make this clear - I will support Tancredo if Duncan Hunter falls out of the picture, but at this time I think Tancredo is a longer shot than Hunter is, and according to the critics, they're both long shots. I want us to win the White House in 2008 and right now I think Rep. Hunter offers us the best chance. Of course that could change! You never know what may come crawling out of a politicans closet on any given Sunday.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think Hunter would be great, too. I agree, they are a long shot. Lots of prayers, and then some, for them.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

He has my vote whether he runs or not.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast