Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I just think Hunter has a better chance. Of course I support Tom Tancredo, but I hope the one with the best chance will get the full support of the other one....and I'm sure they will.

They need to work as a team.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA) is my first choice and Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-CO) is my second choice. Rep. Paul (R-TX) is my distant third choice.

I'm just sorry that our support is going to be split on this. As much as I like Tancredo and appreciate what he's done and is doing, I just don't like his chances. Unfortunately, I think he's going to get murdered by the media on a few issues that may resonate with a lot of potential voters. Such as: He broke a term-limit promise, deferment from military service during the Vietnam War, and had illegals do construction work on his home. Furthermore, as we all know, Tancredo has made a ton of enemies and you can bet they will do everything in their power to shut him down. Let's face it, he's been involved in a lot of controversy. Heck, seems like I even remember hearing something about him being accused of being associated with a couple extremist groups, which is probably not true, but I do remember hearing something about it in the news a while back. IMO, the thing that is going to hurt him the most is his deferment from military service during the Vietnam War - there's a lot of veterans out there. Moreover, we live in dangerous times, especially when your consider the threat China, Korea, and Iran pose to our future. Personally, I think Duncan Hunter is better suited to face those issues. Furthermore, his immigration and border security voting record is right there with Tancredo's.

Just call me the devils advocate.

Let me make this clear - I will support Tancredo if Duncan Hunter falls out of the picture, but at this time I think Tancredo is a longer shot than Hunter is, and according to the critics, they're both long shots. I want us to win the White House in 2008 and right now I think Rep. Hunter offers us the best chance. Of course that could change! You never know what may come crawling out of a politicans closet on any given Sunday.
    If these guys were smart they would get their heads together and form a coalition rather than run separately. It seems that they could take a look at who is polling best and run him for Pres., the second for VP, and have the third as advisor and up for Sec. of State or somesuch. Better yet, what would be nice is two as Pres. and VP and the third as Speaker of the House.

AGREE !!!

If they want to win it's going to take doing that. Let's hope they both are thinking what we're thinking.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I agree Crocket. All three seem like they would be willing to put the country before their own personal aspirations, so I hope they are able to work something out once we see what the polling is looking like.

MW
    CrocketsGhost wrote:

If these guys were smart they would get their heads together and form a coalition rather than run separately. It seems that they could take a look at who is polling best and run him for Pres., the second for VP, and have the third as advisor and up for Sec. of State or somesuch. Better yet, what would be nice is two as Pres. and VP and the third as Speaker of the House.
    You're right on target here. The thing is though, I'm left wondering why Tancredo threw his hat into the ring knowing full well that Duncan Hunter was making a run. Didn't Tancredo say he would only join the race if he felt there was no one running that would make border security and immigration an issue? I think Hunter will make those items issues. Furthermore, he has already said he's going to make the "free trade" situation an issue too. Furthermore, I'm a little concerned about this, among other things:

Excerpt:

But let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Tancredo is running not to win but is running for third.

“Tancredo often talks about running for president as a way to publicize his hard-line views on the immigration issue. If he decides to announce, Espinosa [Tancredo’s spokesman]said, it’s for that cause and not because he thinks he can win the election.

“Any bid that Tom would put up, it would be fighting for third place,” Espinosa said. “Third place would be a huge victory for Tom Tancredo.”
    I would prefer someone that is running to win, not for third place. Moreover, I believe Hunter is better situated within the GOP, which could help him overcome McCain's strong position within the party. Also, I believe Hunter will have more access to the finances it takes to make a serious run for president. Let's face reality, big campaign doners are the order of the day. Grassroots support is great, but it's hard to finance a run for the presidency on grassroot donations alone. We'll see........

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

he has already said he's going to make the "free trade" situation an issue too
    For, or against?

MW
    Neese wrote:

Quote:
    he has already said he's going to make the "free trade" situation an issue too

For, or against?
    Definitely against. Duncan Hunter has made his position clear on that issue - he is for "fair trade."

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12