Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
Quote Originally Posted by vortex
What else it is it these foreign-born non-citizens and illegals do when they get in trouble, except blame the American law enforcement when they get questioned about anything?
I noticed that you made a distinction between "foreign-born non-citizens" and illegals, then lumped them all together. I believe by the former, since a clear distinction of status was made, you were referring to LEGAL IMMIGRANTS. There is a world of difference between the two. If you had any inkling what Legal immigrants go through to be in this country, and the pride the vast majority have in this country, you would retract that statement. Legal immigration has ALWAYS been an important part of American culture. Knowing this, the illegals are constantly trying to blur the line between Legal Immigrants and Illegal Aliens. For those of us who want our laws to be enforced, blurring this line could be detrimental to our cause. ALIPAC stands for AMERICANS for LEGAL IMMIGRATION. Those who are against all immigrants only strengthen the accusations of xenophobia and racism. Our current laws do not allow Legal Immigrants immediate citizenship. There are waiting periods followed by years of qualifications. That does not make these people anti-US or anti-law enforcement because they have not yet reached the point where they can apply for citizenship. Many of them are more American than we are. Before making statements that the other side can use against us, might I suggest a little thought and/or research be put into your comments?

Since Vortex is realtively new here we'll give him/her a little time to adjust. At Alipac we welcome those who have honored our laws and have gone through the time consuming legal channels to get here and to respect our country. These "permanent legal residents" are very proud to be here and are in the process of becoming citizens. These are the types of citizens we want. I'm sure this was just a misspeak.
Thank you Gogo, you are right.

Vortex, if I came down hard on you, I apologize Occasionally, I let my emotions rule. This was one of those occasions.
You're welcome.