Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Trump’s DHS Nominee: ‘Ready to Work with Congress’ on DACA Amnesty

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump’s DHS Nominee: ‘Ready to Work with Congress’ on DACA Amnesty

Trump’s DHS Nominee: ‘Ready to Work with Congress’ on DACA Amnesty

AP Photo/Andrew Harnik

by JOHN BINDER 6 Nov 2017 Washington, D.C. 20

President Trump’s pick to lead the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Kirstjen Nielsen, says she is “ready to work with Congress” on granting amnesty to nearly 800,000 illegal aliens in the United States.

In a pre-confirmation hearing questionnaire obtained by Politico, Nielsen said she “will stand ready” to work with Congress in giving permanent amnesty to the hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens shielded from deportation by the Obama-created Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

Nielsen wrote:
    Congress has a clear constitutional policymaking authority to change immigration law in order to develop a permanent solution for those individuals that were [DACA] recipients. If confirmed, I will stand ready to work with Congress to provide any technical assistance needed towards a permanent, legal solution and towards enacting measures that enhance border security, interior enforcement, and our immigration system generally.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced in September that the Trump administration would stick to their immigration promises and end DACA. But, since the announcement, GOP establishment lawmakers — along with Democrats, the open borders lobby, the cheap labor industry, and big business — have been pushing for a quick amnesty for the illegal aliens.

When asked if she would use information obtained by DHS through DACA recipients to enforcement deportation measures should the temporary amnesty program end, Nielsen answered vaguely. Nielsen wrote:

If confirmed, I will ensure that DHS continues to follow the law, including federal court decisions. As I understand it, since the beginning of the DACA program, information obtained from someone with deferred action has not been provided proactively except in specific circumstances such as when the individual poses a risk to national security or public safety. Should I be confirmed, I will quickly and more thoroughly assess this issue.

Since DACA’s inception, more than 2,100 DACA recipients saw their protected status revoked for being involved in gang activity or suspected/convicted of a felony.

Due to a loophole in the DACA program, more than 39,000 illegal aliens have been able to obtain Green Cards and more than 1,000 naturalized.

As Breitbart News reported, Nielsen’s nomination to head DHS has been praised by the cheap foreign labor lobby, open borders advocates, and the Washington, D.C. national security establishment that allied itself with the failed “Never Trump” movement during the 2016 presidential election.

Also, Breitbart News reported on Nielsen’s involvement with the Bush administration’s response to Hurricane Katrina in 2005, when more than 30,000 illegal aliens and foreign workers were able to come to the U.S. to take American blue-collar jobs that those devastated by the natural disaster had hoped to get.

Following Hurricane Katrina, 1.5 million Americans were displaced by the storm, and the easing of labor laws by the Bush administration left many looking for work outside of the Gulf Coast because illegal aliens and foreign workers quickly dominated the paid clean-up effort.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-daca-amnesty/

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We have told them over and over and over and over, no damn amnesty. They ignore us and keep trying to push amnesty on us. And “The Mouth” our President Trump is ready to break his promise to us.

I am furious. I am tired of being lied to. I am tired of our government being more concerned about the welfare of illegal aliens than its own citizens.

Patriots keep calling the White House, every day, over and over again. Give them no rest. Tell them no amnesty for anybody for any reason. Keep up the heat. Call your senators and congressman. NO AMNESTY! Don’t let them get away with their amnesty.

White House comments line 202 456 1111. Sometimes, if you can’t get through on that line call, 202 456 1414 and say you want to comment on policy.

Thank you for the WH comment line number. For me it is totally futile to call my own congressmen, except for one, since they are ultraliberal. With these numbers I can concentrate my efforts. However I found the hours are 9 am to 4 pm EST.
    Last edited by Captainron; 11-06-2017 at 10:03 PM.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No amnesty!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

She is another amnesty pick who should have never been appointed. She mirrors General Kelly on DACA.

Our government is currently aiding and abetting illegal aliens and their lives against the American people and their lives.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

From the link in the article:

NIELSEN CONFIRMATION QUESTIONNAIRE: Kirstjen Nielsen, the president’s nominee to become Homeland Security secretary, will interview today with the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee staff as part of the confirmation process, according to two sources with knowledge of the meeting. Morning Shift obtained a copy of Nielsen’s pre-hearing questionnaire, in which she fielded inquiries about everything from the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program to her role in the response to Hurricane Katrina in 2005. Her confirmation hearing is scheduled for Wednesday.

Asked if she favored a path to citizenship for DACA enrollees, Nielsen fudged. “Congress has a clear constitutional policymaking authority to change immigration law in order to develop a permanent solution for those individuals that were [DACA] recipients,” she wrote. “If confirmed, I will stand ready to work with Congress to provide any technical assistance needed towards a permanent, legal solution and towards enacting measures that enhance border security, interior enforcement, and our immigration system generally.”

Nielsen also fudged on whether DHS would use for enforcement purposes data supplied by DACA recipients. “If confirmed, I will ensure that DHS continues to follow the law, including federal court decisions,” she wrote. “As I understand it, since the beginning of the DACA program, information obtained from someone with deferred action has not been provided proactively except in specific circumstances such as when the individual poses a risk to national security or public safety. Should I be confirmed, I will quickly and more thoroughly assess this issue.”

Nielsen, who is currently deputy to White House chief of staff John Kelly, served as Kelly’s chief of staff during his time at DHS. She cited those experiences as proof of management experience in her questionnaire. Nielsen said she oversaw the department’s 240,000-person workforce as DHS chief of staff, directly managed 65 people and maintained budget authority for 585 personnel. She said she oversees roughly 200 people in her current White House position. Prior to joining DHS this year, she had never directly managed more than 15 people, according to the questionnaire.

The committee staff asked Nielsen about her role in the Bush administration during the response to Hurricane Katrina. Her team was cited in a critical report issued by Congress in 2006. “While on the Homeland Security Council staff I was not part of the operational or tactical chain of command for DHS and FEMA relief efforts,” she wrote. “Within my authorities and responsibilities as a Senior Director, I was effective in adjudicating interagency policy disagreements and in coordinating the resolution of open policy issues. … My goal was to support the DHS and other federal partners’ operational efforts by convening and coordinating decisions regarding policy issues so that the operators could focus on response and recovery operations. I also worked with Departments and Agencies to streamline information flow more generally so that our mutual situational awareness of what was happening was both accurate and timely.”

The nominee faced questions about her past work experience, including an association with Mannatech, a controversial health supplement company. A question from the committee asked about Nielsen’s possible work for the company from 1997-2005 and 2007-2011, including periods in 1999 and 2002 she listed as “unemployment” on a biographical questionnaire. Nielsen said she bought supplements from the company, which was linked to Ben Carson during his presidential bid, but didn’t work for them. “I purchased supplements from Mannatech on a monthly basis — I did not consider it ‘employment’ as I only used my associate membership to order products for personal use,” she wrote. “Because I received a 1099 form from Mannatech pursuant to which I paid required taxes, out of an abundance of caution, I listed it on my biographic form to the committee.”

Nielsen’s confirmation hearing will take place in Dirksen 342 at 10 a.m. Find more info about the hearing here and read the questionnaire here.

https://www.politico.com/tipsheets/m...-ground-223193
    Last edited by Judy; 11-06-2017 at 11:40 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Related:

Kirstjen Nielsen Confirmation Hearing Date

https://www.c-span.org/video/?436847...mation-hearing

Immigration Reformers on Trump’s DHS Pick: ‘We Did Not Elect a Bush, We Specifically Rejected the Bush Dynasty’

https://www.alipac.us/f9/immigration...ically-351851/
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 11-06-2017 at 11:57 PM.
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Kirstjen Nielsen

Areas of Expertise

• Homeland and national security policy and strategy development
    • Critical infrastructure security and resilience, including cyber security
    • Enterprise risk assessment and management
    • Emergency preparedness and response

President, Sunesis Consulting, LLC

Former President and General Counsel, Homeland and National Security Solutions, Civitas Group llc

Former Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Prevention, Preparedness and Response, White House Homeland Security Council

Kirstjen Nielsen is an expert in homeland and national security policy, strategy, and assessment, with a focus in the areas of critical infrastructure protection, including cyber security, preparedness, response and incident management, information sharing, risk assessment, trend analysis and risk management, organizational development, stakeholder requirement analysis, outreach and communication, and training and exercise programs.

As President of Sunesis Consulting, LLC, Ms. Nielsen currently advises senior domestic and foreign government officials and senior private sector officials on the development and execution of preparedness strategies, policies, plans, tools and tabletop exercises to prevent, protect against and respond to catastrophic events with a focus on critical infrastructure interdependencies. Ms. Nielsen also assesses and analyzes various entities’ preparedness for all hazard events and develops recommendations and corrective actions to address any gaps or inefficiencies. Prior to founding Sunesis Consulting, Ms. Nielsen was the General Counsel and President of the Homeland Security and Private Sector Preparedness practice at Civitas Group llc, where, in addition to her work with governments, Ms. Nielsen was instrumental in assessing the legislative and policy landscape for companies looking to enter the homeland security market, expand their presence or develop new homeland security related technologies or capabilities.

Prior to her work at Civitas Group, Ms. Nielsen was commissioned by President Bush to serve as Special Assistant to the President for Prevention, Preparedness, and Response on the White House Homeland Security Council, where her responsibilities included the development, coordination, and oversight of U.S. Government homeland security policy and the development of numerous Presidential homeland security policy documents on issues ranging from public alert and warning to improvised explosive devices to the information sharing environment to national security professional development. In that role, she chaired five Policy Coordinating Committees consisting of Assistant Secretary level participants from throughout the federal interagency chartered to develop and oversee implementation of federal homeland security policy.

Prior to her service on the staff of the HSC, Ms. Nielsen created and managed the Offices of Legislative Policy and Government Affairs at the Transportation Security Administration, developing transportation security related policy and drafting legislation relating to security background checks, credentialing, passenger pre-screening, surface transportation and security funding.

She previously practiced corporate transactional law for Haynes and Boone, LLP and worked for Senator Mack on defense, aviation, foreign affairs and government affairs issues.
    Ms. Nielsen is currently the Chair of the World Economic Forum’s Global Agenda Council on Risk and Resilience, and developed and is leading a global initiative on the Role of Big Data in Increasing Security and Resilience with the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs and the World Economic Forum Global Agenda Councils. She serves on the Homeland Security Advisory Council for Strategic and Global Security Programs at Penn State, and is a Safety and Security Advisory Board Member for the Center for Naval Analysis. Ms. Nielsen is also a Member of the State Bar of Texas and a Member of the U.S. Women’s Chamber of Commerce. Ms. Nielsen has Top Secret Clearance and is eligible for SCI Clearance.

https://cchs.gwu.edu/kirstjen-nielsen
    Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 11-06-2017 at 11:50 PM.

MW
    As Breitbart News reported, Nielsen’s nomination to head DHS has been praised by the cheap foreign labor lobby, open borders advocates, and the Washington, D.C. national security establishment that allied itself with the failed “Never Trump” movement during the 2016 presidential election.
    That pretty much says it all.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

(I searched but did not find the article here at Alipac)

Trump’s Pick to Run DHS Allied with ‘Never Trump’ National Security Establishment

TOM MIHALEK/AFP/Getty Images

by JOHN BINDER23 Oct 2017Washington, D.C.

President Trump’s pick to lead the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) not only previously worked alongside national security establishment figures who aligned themselves with the failed “Never Trump” movement, – she has also been endorsed by members of the defunct group.

Kirstjen Nielsen, a former official under President George W. Bush, was chosen by Trump to replace Acting DHS Secretary Elaine Duke, who has been influential in moving forward on an initiative to construct a border wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

Allied with Nielsen are members of the failed Never Trump effort, many of whom penned open letters during the 2016 presidential election claiming Trump was “unfit” to serve as Commander in Chief.
    For instance, former Bush official Tom Ridge has praised Nielsen, calling her a “homeland security veteran” to the Washington Post and heaping more praise on her in the New York Times, where he called her “a patriot.”

Ridge, though, was one of 95 Republican establishment former national security officials who signed a letter opposing Trump in 2016 for his “America First” agenda.

Before signing the Never Trump letter, Ridge took it upon himself to publicly label Trump an “embarrassment” to the United States, opposing his then-proposed travel ban from foreign nations that have a history of exporting Islamic terrorists.

Following Trump’s historic victory, Ridge — a longtime amnesty advocate who has aligned himself with the pro-cheap labor wing of the Republican Party — continued to oppose Trump’s promises to secure the southern border.

In January, Ridge told U.S. News that he preferred “a president who’ll tear down a wall rather than build one, but he’s determined to build it.”

Former Bush official Frances Townsend, a close ally of Nielsen and advocate of amnesty for illegal aliens, has additionally praised her nomination to head DHS. But Townsend, before Trump’s election, became part of the Never Trump movement in the Washington, D.C. beltway.

Townsend’s said Neilsen is “tough as nails” and “competent,” but shared harsher words for Trump before his victory in 2016.

For instance, in 2016 Townsend went as far as to openly oppose Trump’s pro-American candidacy, signing on to a letter with 94 other Washington, D.C., establishment figures and former Bush administration officials that claimed he was “so utterly unfitted to the office.”

Like Ridge, Townsend opposed Trump’s travel ban in 2015, claiming that by not accepting refugees from a number of Middle Eastern countries, the plan would alienate Muslims around the world.
    “The other thing is our diplomats and military get put at risk because they represent the U.S. in these Arab countries,” Townsend told CBS News at the time.

“Here in this country, it is incredibly important that we not alienate our Muslim friends here in the United States and around the world,” Townsend said.

Nielsen’s endorsement by Never Trump signatories is coupled with her endorsement by advocates of illegal immigration and mass immigration for the sake of cheap, foreign labor for multinational corporations and big businesses, as Breitbart News reported.

Most recently, Breitbart News reported on Nielsen’s involvement with the Bush administration’s response to Hurricane Katrina in 2005, when more than 30,000 illegal aliens and foreign workers were able to come to the U.S. to take American blue-collar jobs that those devastated by the natural disaster had hoped to get.

Following Katrina, 1.5 million Americans were displaced by the storm, and the easing of labor laws by the Bush administration left many looking for work outside of the Gulf Coast, since illegal aliens and foreign workers quickly dominated the paid clean-up effort.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...establishment/

Last edited by GeorgiaPeach; 11-07-2017 at 12:09 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast