Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Trump says legislation needed after Supreme Court ruling on criminal aliens

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump says legislation needed after Supreme Court ruling on criminal aliens

Trump says legislation needed after Supreme Court ruling on immigrant felons

• President Donald Trump said Congress must quickly pass legislation that would permit the deportation of illegal immigrants who commit violent crimes.
    • The Supreme Court ruled on Tuesday that current law was unconstitutionally vague.

Published 2 Hours Ago Reuters

Getty Images
    President Donald Trump makes an announcement on the introduction of the Reforming American Immigration for a Strong Economy (RAISE) Act in the Roosevelt Room at the White House on August 2, 2017 in Washington, DC.

President Donald Trump said Congress must quickly pass legislation that would permit the deportation of illegal immigrants who commit violent crimes after the Supreme Court ruled on Tuesday that current law was unconstitutionally vague.

"This is a public safety crisis that can only be fixed by Congress - House and Senate must quickly pass a legislative fix to ensure violent criminal aliens can be removed from our
    society," Trump said on Twitter.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/17/trum...nt-felons.html

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes, he's right of course. We've known this for months. Unfortunately we don't have the votes to pass the legislation we need to fix many of these immigration law problems. There are many loopholes that must be filled along with other changes as well. Trump has a 71 point plan to fix our immigration system, enforce the law and secure the border. That was all in his DACA "deal" we opposed.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Believe the Supreme Court ruling was for legal immigrants that have committed crimes and of what severity.

It's been my experience that burglaries aren't considered serious crimes, they get probation here. After they get caught 3 times, then they'll maybe serve a little time. Honestly, I don't understand why a green card holder would face deportation over a burglary, a green card holder is a legal permanent resident. Not clear on why Sessions is wasting his time on Supreme Court Rulings that will now impact the issue of due process for illegal aliens and serious felon immigrants over a legal permanent resident who committed a residential burglary and stole some silver, a TV or whatever.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Foreigners receiving the right to live in USA should not be involved in any crimes. It is a privilege to be here and criminal activity should revoke that privilege. Robbing homes of personal belongings is enough, stealing a candy bar from a store is not. Many people has been killed at robberies gone bad. What is next, finding a child asleep during a break in and doing what, kidnapping, molesting. Entering and thieving is not a minor thing in my mind especially for someone given a chance to live in a better country than the one they left.

Federal authorities ordered Dimaya deported after he was convicted in two California home burglaries, in 2007 and 2009, though neither crime involved violence. He received a two-year prison sentence for each conviction.

@
    Supreme Court restricts deportations of immigrant felons
    ------------------------------------------------

Penalties for first-degree burglary
    California first-degree (residential) burglary is a felony. The potential consequences include a state prison sentence of two (2), four (4) or six (6) years...

https://www.shouselaw.com/burglary.html
    ------------------------------------------

In Penal Code 459, California law defines "burglary" as entering any residential or commercial building or room with the intent to commit a felony or a theft once inside.

Penal Code 459 PC - California Burglary Laws - Shouse Law Group

https://www.shouselaw.com/burglary.html
    NO AMNESTY

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    It's been my experience that burglaries aren't considered serious crimes, they get probation here. After they get caught 3 times, then they'll maybe serve a little time. Honestly, I don't understand why a green card holder would face deportation over a burglary, a green card holder is a legal permanent resident. Not clear on why Sessions is wasting his time on Supreme Court Rulings that will now impact the issue of due process for illegal aliens and serious felon immigrants over a legal permanent resident who committed a residential burglary and stole some silver, a TV or whatever.
    In the state of North Carolina a first degree burglary is a Class D Felony and with no prior criminal record could net you 64 to 80 months behind bars. If you have a prior criminal conviction the sentencing could be much tougher.

A second degree burglary is a Class G Felony and could net you 10 to 13 months when there is no previous criminal record present.

Sort of strange that you would direct a negative comment at AG Session for attempting to do exactly what we want him to do and that is to go after all immigrant criminals (legal & illegal). I commend him and hope he continues to do whatever he can to rid us of all legal immigrants that purposely commit crimes beyond traffic violations and all illegal aliens for just being here illegally.

Personally I view burglary as a serious and potentially violent crime. Break my window or bust my sliding glass door to force your way into my private dwelling to steal my valuables, some that may have been in my family for generations, is very serious to me! Oh, and once your in my house you will also probably attempt to break into my gun safe that is wells stocked. What is there to then stop you from going on and using one of those weapons in a future robbery. Furthermore, how do we know there wasn't a gun stuck in the burglars waistband when he broke in? What if I would have arrived at my house unexpectedly, would he have shot me? What if my dog would have came out barking, would he have shot him? Burglary of a house always has the potential of turning violent.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, it's up to Congress now to fix this fast so we can deport these criminals.

Donald J. Trump
    ‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
    7h7 hours ago

Today’s Court decision means that Congress must close loopholes that block the removal of dangerous criminal aliens, including aggravated felons. This is a public safety crisis that can only be fixed by....

3,823 replies 9,004 retweets 34,010 likes

Donald J. Trump
    ‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
    7h7 hours ago

....Congress – House and Senate must quickly pass a legislative fix to ensure violent criminal aliens can be removed from our society. Keep America Safe!

4,240 replies 7,500 retweets 29,263 likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post

In the state of North Carolina a first degree burglary is a Class D Felony and with no prior criminal record could net you 64 to 80 months behind bars. If you have a prior criminal conviction the sentencing could be much tougher.

A second degree burglary is a Class G Felony and could net you 10 to 13 months when there is no previous criminal record present.

Sort of strange that you would direct a negative comment at AG Session for attempting to do exactly what we want him to do and that is to go after all immigrant criminals (legal & illegal). I commend him and hope he continues to do whatever he can to rid us of all legal immigrants that purposely commit crimes beyond traffic violations and all illegal aliens for just being here illegally.

Personally I view burglary as a serious and potentially violent crime. Break my window or bust my sliding glass door to force your way into my private dwelling to steal my valuables, some that may have been in my family for generations, is very serious to me! Oh, and once your in my house you will also probably attempt to break into my gun safe that is wells stocked. What is there to then stop you from going on and using one of those weapons in a future robbery. Furthermore, how do we know there wasn't a gun stuck in the burglars waistband when he broke in? What if I would have arrived at my house unexpectedly, would he have shot me? What if my dog would have came out barking, would he have shot him? Burglary of a house always has the potential of turning violent.
    My experience was with commercial burglaries of a business, maybe they're harsher on residential burglaries, but don't know why they would be. I've had 18 prosecuted and they all got probation, 3 years or less. Very disappointing as a property owner. Tens of thousands of dollars worth of theft and damage including vandalism. As I wail at the hearing, what about the damage and loss, judge says tell your insurance company. Cops said until they have their 3rd felony, there is no jail time.

My point on Sessions is that with 30 million illegal aliens to deport out of here, why risk a bad ruling at the US Supreme Court over a non-violent burglary by a legal permanent resident that can now make it difficult to deport the illegal aliens??!! Makes no sense to me. But it is what it is. Call the Congress to fix it fast while we have enough Republicans in the House to pass a bill and pray we can get it passed by the Senate .... oh wait, we'll never get 60 votes in the Senate, so call that plan .... DOOMED.

What a mess!

GRRRR!!!!