Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This just keeps on getting interesting with each passing day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sources say suspect accused of killing officer had ties to dangerous gang

11:15 PM CDT on Monday, June 29, 2009

By Jeff McShan / 11 News

HOUSTON – Police say the man accused of killing Houston Police Officer Henry Canales had ties to a dangerous gang.

Sources say suspect accused of killing officer had ties to dangerous gang
    June 29, 2009 View larger E-mail Clip More Video After firing the fatal shot last week, the suspect identified as Roberto Carillo was immediately shot and killed by police.

His family insisted the next day that Carillo was an innocent man.

“I don't know what happened there, but I am 100 percent sure he is innocent. He is working so hard,â€

Third Officer Shot By Illegal Alien In Sanctuary City
    Last Updated: Mon, 06/29/2009 - 3:52pm

A third law enforcement officer in one of the nation’s biggest sanctuary cities has been shot by an illegal immigrant who was protected by a don’t-ask-don’t-tell immigration policy during previous police encounters.

The Houston Police Department’s longtime rule prohibiting officers from questioning suspects about immigration status has cost the department dearly in the last few years. Two officers have been murdered and one shot in the face by illegal immigrants with previous records.

The latest shooting occurred just last week when an illegal alien from Mexico killed an undercover police officer during a sting operation. The illegal immigrant (Roberto Pedroza Carrillo) had been deported about a decade ago and ticketed by Houston police at least four times since 2002, most recently in November, according to a news report.

Last month another Houston officer was shot in the face by an illegal immigrant drug lord while attempting to serve a narcotics warrant at a house. The illegal alien from El Salvador had been arrested five times for possession or delivery of drugs, including three times after an immigration judge granted him voluntary departure in 2001.

In 2007 Houston officer Rodney Johnson was murdered during a routine traffic stop by a Mexican illegal that had been deported in 2004 for molesting a child and subsequently arrested for driving intoxicated, driving with a suspended license and failing to stop and provide information after an automobile accident. The illegal alien, Juan Quintero, shot Officer Johnson four times in the back of the head with a 9 millimeter handgun hidden in the waistband of his pants.

Even before this month’s murder, the Houston Police Officer’s Union called on city leaders to reverse the department’s 17-year-old don’t-ask-don’t-tell immigration measure because it had led to the brutal shootings of two officers. Both the mayor and the police chief refuse to change the sanctuary policy because they consider it crucial to policing city neighborhoods.

Texas has several major sanctuary cities—including Austin, El Paso, Fort Worth, Dallas and San Antonio—that forbid law enforcement agencies from asking suspects about their immigration status. Houston, the state’s largest city, is estimated to have nearly half a million illegal immigrants who will remain protected under the law.

Many police departments nationwide also have similar measures and Judicial Watch has sued several—including Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago and the District of Columbia—for not complying with federal immigration law. In many instances, these police departments have released violent illegal immigrants that have gone on to commit atrocious crimes.

www.judicialwatch.org
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    I think I heard that too.

I'll tell you one thing, Carrillo's wife and adult children living in that house should be picked up as an accessories. Those women knew that stuff was hot. No way they didn't know since it was brand new merchandise filling up the backyard with price tags still on them. RRRRRRRRR Looks like some Home Depot employees need to go down too. That stuff left a store.

Dixie
    I AGREE! These people come here illegally and force themselves into having to live outside of the law the entire time they are here. There is NO WAY they can make it in Houston off sub-minimum wage jobs so they resort to stealing, robbery, and drugs. Far too many times I see neighborhoods where there are nothing but illegals. They live in small ratty homes (I know they can't even afford) and have nice new cars, dish TV, and every electronic device you can imagine. We know Jose and Margarita aren't paying for this stuff from the money Jose makes mowing yards.

If this was my home the police raided, they same police department would have taken my home, my cars, frozen my bank account and placed everyone in the house who lived here in jail with me. Somehow illegals don't suffer the same consequences as American citizens who do all the work and pay all of the taxes. Of course that is what happens when you have a Federal and State government that allows sanctuary cities and a local government that won't enforce our laws, plus judges that run the criminal court system like a revolving door.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345