Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S. Anti-Immigrant Groups To Meet With Members Of Racist

http://www.adl.org/PresRele/DiRaB_41/4985_41.htm

U.S. Anti-Immigrant Groups To Meet With Members Of Racist European Party

New York, NY, February 22, 2007 … Leaders of a far-right European party that espouses stridently racist and xenophobic views are holding a series of meetings this week with anti-immigration groups in the United States, according to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL).

Frank Vanhecke and Filip Dewinter, leaders of the Flemish Interest (Vlaams Belang) of Belgium, are in the Washington D.C. area for meetings with conservative and anti-immigration groups. They are scheduled to give a speech on Friday, February 23 in Arlington to the Robert A. Taft Club, which is linked to The American Cause, founded by Pat Buchanan in 1993, and reportedly are also meeting with the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), a Washington, D.C.-based organization that takes a hard line against immigration.

"It is deeply troubling that representatives of the Belgian Flemish Interest party, whose members espouse racist and xenophobic views, would seek to ally themselves with anti-immigration groups in the United States, and shocking that these American groups would see fit to embrace this party," said Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director. "Flemish Interest's extremist positions on immigrants and minorities are well known in Europe, and rejected by most Europeans."

Flemish Interest was formed in 2004 after its precursor, the Flemish Bloc, was declared a racist organization in Belgium's highest court. The group is deeply hostile to immigrants and minorities, and its members have a history of espousing racist and anti-Semitic views. Flemish Interest recently has made headlines in Europe as one of the founding members of a new racist and anti-Semitic political group in the European Parliament called "Identity, Tradition and Sovereignty" (ITS).

According to ADL, a number of racist and anti-Semitic Web sites in the U.S. are promoting the speech at the Robert A. Taft Club, and Dewinter and Vanhecke are scheduled to appear as guests on a radio show that often gives a platform to white supremacists and anti-Semites.

The Anti-Defamation League, founded in 1913, is the world's leading organization fighting anti-Semitism through programs and services that counteract hatred, prejudice and bigotry.

Funny, I thought it was all about ILLEGAL Immigration. I hate when they try to lump us in with extremists. Glass houses and all that.

MW
    "It is deeply troubling that representatives of the Belgian Flemish Interest party, whose members espouse racist and xenophobic views, would seek to ally themselves with anti-immigration groups in the United States, and shocking that these American groups would see fit to embrace this party," said Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director. "Flemish Interest's extremist positions on immigrants and minorities are well known in Europe, and rejected by most Europeans."
    I don't know anything about the Belgian Flemish group, but one things for sure - I'm used to being called xenophobic and racist by the pro-criminal alien advocates. I guess it's a popular label for those of us that don't agree with their position.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This sounds like propaganda.

Just a back handed way of calling anyone that is anti-illegal immigration (anti-immigrant) a racist and xenophobic because they have European ancestry. Does that include the European Spaniards? I have no reason to ally myself with people from Europe because they can't vote and they don't count.

This has got to be one of the most far-fetched stories yet. It's laughable!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

After checking out a story on them:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=6516192

They don't sound "racist", xenophobic", etc. to me. But then that's just my humble opinion.

"The immigrants don't integrate," he says. "They separate themselves from us. They want to stay among themselves. I say, if they don't adapt to our customs, the only option is to send them back to their home countries."
    Sound familiar?

Wake me up when they start using the same labels on LaRaza, Mecha, Los Voz de Aztlan, Lulac, Maldef and all the other anti american, anti white, brown pride hate groups.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They need to remove the A from ADL. The Belgium group is not much different from any group that is trying to protect their country from being overrun. They have the same concerns...people not assimilating, etc....social burdens, etc.

Jaded - I know absolutely nothing about this group either but if I had to take a gander I would bet they are no more xenophobic or racist than we are. They call us these things and worse all the time and yet we are not.

Well, this group may or may not be racist but one thing you can be sure of.

You can be certain that you cannot trust the ADL to tell you the truth in either case.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It seems to me any body against illegal immigration is a racist according to OBL so everybody at this point that is against illegal immigration had better work together because S9 and Kennedy are moving very fast!!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Well, the Vlaams Belang isn't exactly the first group of Europeans that I'd think of aligning myself with if I wanted to forge an Atlanticist coalition against the illegalinvasion.

Then again, the politics of Belgium is so screwed up that I'm sure people consider them a reasonable alternative, especially now that the low countries and France are rapidly turning into annexes of Greater EUrabia.

There've even been stories published in the New York Times about that country's embattled Jewish community coalescing around the Vlaams Bloc, simply out of mutually shared goals. Namely, preventing it from becoming a replica of Somalia.

That being said, I still think this is a stupid move.

We should be supporting liberal-in the classical sense of the word-reformers and exponents of Western civiliation like Hirsi Ali and the Pym Fortuyn List.

This is one of the problems I have with Dan Stein and FAIR.

Instead of focusing solely on fighting the invasion they get involved in all this tangential crap that offends decent conservatives, e.g. population control, abortion, etc...

I don't mind making alliances with groups and/or individuals that don't share all of my values, but I do think if you're an immigration reform group that should be your main priority.
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast