Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S. Migrants Ask Mexico to Help Reunite Families Separated

May 23, 2005

U.S. Migrants Ask Mexico to Help Reunite Families Separated by U.S. Deportations
    The Associated Press
    This story can be found at: http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBX9I8E39E.html

MEXICO CITY (AP) - Mexican migrants from the Chicago area asked the Mexican government Monday to help them reunite families separated by deportations, arguing that new U.S. immigration and terrorism laws are applied unfairly to hardworking people.

The group met with a representative of President Vicente Fox's administration and Mexico City Mayor Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador and asked both to send President Bush letters requesting pardons for some 60 people who have been deported recently, often separating husbands from wives and children from their parents.

The group said Lopez Obrador told them he would give them a letter. It wasn't immediately clear if the administration would also produce a letter.

The group of about a dozen deported migrants and activists said new U.S. immigration and anti-terrorism policies were being used to deport people seeking citizenship.

Romina Perea described being deported to Mexico more than two months ago - even though her husband and children were all U.S. citizens. She said she was forced to sneak into the United States more than five years ago after the U.S. government denied her a visa to be with her husband.

"They make you go to extremes," she said, accompanied by her two children, who came to live with her in Mexico. "There are thousands, thousands of families affected."
    AP-ES-05-23-05 2032EDT
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Oh, excuse me?

I have NO pity for these people! My husband has gone through the immigration process LEGALLY. Four years now and still working on the next step. It is a long process for good reasons!

He has not seen his family in 4 years! So, sorry, if these people had gone through the immigration process LEGALLY like we have done, they would not have this problem!

This really ticks me off to no end!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Mexican migrants from the Chicago area asked the Mexican government Monday to help them reunite families separated by deportations, arguing that new U.S. immigration and terrorism laws are applied unfairly to hardworking people.
    We would be happy to sent the WHOLE family back to Mexico. End of problem.
    http://www.alipac.us Enforce immigration laws!