Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S. officials concerned about berm on Mexican side of borde

http://www.kswo.com/Global/story.asp?S=5762064

U.S. officials concerned about berm on Mexican side of border

COLUMBUS, N.M. American officials are concerned about a mile-long earthen berm constructed on the Mexican side of the border, apparently in response to flooding in Palomas, Mexico, in August.

The bulldozer-built berm, about four feet tall and erected about a month ago, stretches eastward from the port of entry at Columbus, New Mexico. It has pushed over fences that divide the two nations and partially buried a cement border monument.

The berm also has provided cover for people on the Mexican side who pelted U-S Border Patrol agents with rocks. American officials are troubled that the berm was put up without any consultation or planning with the U-S side.

A binational group is scheduled to meet Monday in Columbus to discuss what should be done about the berm.

A public affairs officer for the U-S section of the International Boundary and Water Commission in El Paso, Texas, says -- quote -- "We really want to try to meet in an amicable fashion to try to identify a solution."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: U.S. officials concerned about berm on Mexican side of b

The berm also has provided cover for people on the Mexican side who pelted U-S Border Patrol agents with rocks. American officials are troubled that the berm was put up without any consultation or planning with the U-S side.
    Well, why would Mexico need to consult or plan with the US side?

Sounds to me like they're using this berm to create a binational setting to consult and plan our FENCE.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

A binational group is scheduled to meet Monday in Columbus to discuss what should be done about the berm.
    What the hell do we need a BINATIONAL group for anything concerning this country?

I'd say it's time to CALL N MEX GOV- Richardson the putz - and give these people some common sense, American ingenuity lessons concerning the 'berm & the binational group!"

They think that folks around the country don't know about their underhanded sell outs.......time they found out how wrong they've been. I think they should be called on the carpet every damned time they pull crap like this by WE THE PEOPLE.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    [quote:1v72ggmf]A binational group is scheduled to meet Monday in Columbus to discuss what should be done about the berm.
    What the hell do we need a BINATIONAL group for anything concerning this country?

I'd say it's time to CALL N MEX GOV- Richardson the putz - and give these people some common sense, American ingenuity lessons concerning the 'berm & the binational group!"

They think that folks around the country don't know about their underhanded sell outs.......time they found out how wrong they've been. I think they should be called on the carpet every damned time they pull crap like this by WE THE PEOPLE.

[/quote:1v72ggmf]

RIGHT ON!! Every damned time.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Remind me how exactly this even concerns our country. You say America is becoming Mexico, then turn around and claim that we should stop them from building a berm in their own country.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Social-Liberal

Remind me how exactly this even concerns our country. You say America is becoming Mexico, then turn around and claim that we should stop them from building a berm in their own country.
    If they've bulldozed our fencing and their people are using it to attack our Border agents, it's our problem. Stones now, drug cartel bullets next.

If they've bulldozed their own fencing, then we should be putting up a solid wall to prevent our Border Patrol from being attacked.

Either way, we need not convene a BINATIONAL anything.

It's all in the details.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So basically what we should do is reverse time 50 years, and instead of building a wall in Berlin, we'll just build it across the Mexican-American border. It would cost 2.2 billion dollars to build a wall across one third of the border. I sure as hell don't want to pay for that. Nor would I like to see a huge wall, that could potentially harm the local wildlife, running down the border of my state. You build a wall, they'll dig a tunnel.

So basically what we should do is reverse time 50 years, and instead of building a wall in Berlin, we'll just build it across the Mexican-American border. It would cost 2.2 billion dollars to build a wall across one third of the border. I sure as hell don't want to pay for that. Nor would I like to see a huge wall, that could potentially harm the local wildlife, running down the border of my state. You build a wall, they'll dig a tunnel.
    Come on you have to do better then the ole Berlin wall BS. The Berlin wall was to keep people in. IF we build a wall. You will be welcome to leave any ole time you wish. And if your so concerned about wildlife. Then you would want a wall to keep Illegal Aliens and Smugglers from destroying the habitat of the little critters in the desert.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

LOL.......you wouldn't have to if we were to rid our country of the ILLEGALS sucking the money from every social service that YOU and I pay for, legal services and prison costs to name a few. Throw in fake docs including stolen SS#s and we could be saving more than enough to build a wonderful fence. Geez......but but ......wouldn't that also keep the criminals out? Personally, I believe that mexico should be building the fence on their side using, of course, all the AID we give them every year.

Wildlife? You're not serious, are you? Have you seen the damage to the environment and wildlife on the border? What a manipulative statement. The wildlife, domestic animals and environment are dying daily due to the refuse and destruction from the never ending stream of ILLEGAL ALIENS.
    Get your facts straight. Open mouth - insert foot, lol.

Get real....your debate is juvenile and lacks merit on every level. Berlin wall really That's so old and tired. Surely a quick mind like yours can come up with something more substantial.

It would cost 2.2 billion dollars to build a wall across one third of the border. I sure as hell don't want to pay for that.
    Nope, you sure wouldn't want to spend 6.6 million on a wall would you?

http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalrelease.html
    Based on Census Bureau data, the study estimates that households headed by illegal aliens used $10 billion more in government services than they paid in taxes in 2002. These figures are only for the federal government; costs at the state and local level are also likely to be significant. The study also finds that if illegals were given amnesty, the fiscal deficit at the federal level would grow to nearly $29 billion.

Among the findings:
    * Illegal alien households are estimated to use $2,700 a year more in services than they pay in taxes, creating a total fiscal burden of nearly $10.4 billion on the federal budget in 2002.
    * Among the largest federal costs: Medicaid ($2.5 billion); treatment for the uninsured ($2.2 billion); food assistance programs ($1.9 billion); the federal prison and court systems ($1.6 billion); and federal aid to schools ($1.4 billion).
    This was for 2002, no way of telling how much cheap labor costs today.

Nor would I like to see a huge wall, that could potentially harm the local wildlife, running down the border of my state.
    Do you ever wonder how wildlife survives in the trash left by illegal aliens?

http://www.rense.com/general54/filth.htm
    On average, each illegal alien drops eight pounds of trash while making his way into America. At an estimated one million per year, that means eight million pounds of trash blow around the desert.
    http://www.kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=5215545
    From 2002 to 2005, cleanup crews hauled about 250,000 pounds of trash from thousands of acres of federal, state and private land across Southern Arizona.

That's only a fraction of the nearly 25 million pounds of trash thought to be out there.

Authorities estimate the 3.2 million-plus entrants caught by the Border Patrol dropped that much garbage in the Southern Arizona desert from July 1999 through June 2005.

The trash includes water bottles, sweaters, jeans, razors, soap, medications, food, ropes, batteries, cell phones, radios, homemade weapons and human waste.

In 2002, officials estimated that removing all litter from lands just in Southeast Arizona would cost about 4.5 million dollars over five years.
    You build a wall, they'll dig a tunnel.
    Not if the federal government would put needed manpower on the border.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast