Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S. Senator Richard Shelby Comments on Immigration Proposal

Shelby Comments on Immigration Proposal

May 17, 2007

Washington, D.C. -

U.S. Senator Richard Shelby (R-AL) commented on new immigration legislation unveiled today.

Senator Shelby’s statement:

“Although a bill has not yet been released, I have serious concerns about early reports of the legislation, including the status of illegal immigrants already in this country. Make no mistake about it -- I will continue to oppose any proposal that rewards those who have broken the law to enter this country.â€
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

MW
    Hmmm......So far I've seen a handful of Republican Senators come out against this compromise bill. Sen. Dorgain (D-ND) is the only Democrat to line up against the bill to date. He's specifically against any guest-worker program. Honestly, I don't expect but two Democrats in the U.S. Senate to vote against this bill (Dorgan & Byrd). Anyone know of any other Democrats that might cross the aisle on this?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Testor (Montana) and Rockefeller (WV) maybe

Senator Shelby, PLEASE do not let us down.

Senator Dorgan is a gem of a Dem. I've seen this consistantly in him over the past year or year and 1/2.

I hope our country will get to know him even more in the near future, (2008?) because I think that he could be a Democrat that people from BOTH parties could and would rally behind.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW said:
    Anyone know of any other Democrats that might cross the aisle on this?
    Believe Senator Bill Nelson (D)of Florida is opposed to it.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn