Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Undocumented housekeeper at Trump golf course says she does not regret going public

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Maybe I missed it, where in the article did it say she made $13 an hour? Furthermore, how do you know what all the other employers are paying their housekeepers? Remember, she is an illegal alien, not an H-2B visa worker. Yes, there are plenty of reasons employers hire illegal aliens (of course you know that). How do you know she is not making less than the H-2B foreign worker employees? How do you know they don't take advantage of her by making demands of her that they don't make of legal employees? All you seem to be doing is speculating because you have no proof to substantiate your comments.

By law there is a set wage Trump must pay his legal foreign workers, but that doesn't apply to an illegal. All he's required to pay her is minimum wage.

It's already an established fact that Trump's businesses like to keep down labor cost by taking advantage of the H2B visa program. We'll, hiring an illegals will keep the labor cost even lower.
    It's in one of the articles that she was earning $13 an hour. She stated she made more at the golf club than at the hotel where she worked which is why she transferred to golf club when she saw the ad or heard about the job. In that article she said she was hired at $10 an hour 5 years ago. She's raised her salary almost 30% in 5 years, she's hardly an abused employee. No, Trump doesn't use the H2B program to keep down labor costs, the H2B program isn't about the rate of pay, it's about the availability of workers at certain times of the year at these resort areas. A full time housekeeper position isn't eligible for H2B.

If you're worried about wages, you need to look at all the Americans earning minimum wage doing much harder work than Morales cleaning a toilet and ironing some boxers at a fancy golf club resort to look for the impact of illegal immigration on American wages. It's not a worker who presents herself as a legal green card worker. Employers are forbidden from discriminating against a green card worker and an American citizen. Unfortunately they both have to be given the same opportunity to be hired. It's why Trump is so adamant about reducing the green card admissions and ending chain migration and why he wants to convert it to a merit-based system at much lower numbers with no chance for welfare or hauling your whole family tribe into the United States.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    It's in one of the articles that she was earning $13 an hour. She stated she made more at the golf club than at the hotel where she worked which is why she transferred to golf club when she saw the ad or heard about the job. In that article she said she was hired at $10 an hour 5 years ago. She's raised her salary almost 30% in 5 years, she's hardly an abused employee. No, Trump doesn't use the H2B program to keep down labor costs, the H2B program isn't about the rate of pay, it's about the availability of workers at certain times of the year at these resort areas. A full time housekeeper position isn't eligible for H2B.

If you're worried about wages, you need to look at all the Americans earning minimum wage doing much harder work than Morales cleaning a toilet and ironing some boxers at a fancy golf club resort to look for the impact of illegal immigration on American wages. It's not a worker who presents herself as a legal green card worker. Employers are forbidden from discriminating against a green card worker and an American citizen. Unfortunately they both have to be given the same opportunity to be hired. It's why Trump is so adamant about reducing the green card admissions and ending chain migration and why he wants to convert it to a merit-based system at much lower numbers with no chance for welfare or hauling your whole family tribe into the United States.
    Of course H2B is about lower wages! Without the available cheaper labor, wages would increase. There is no evidence of a labor shortage, especially at the bottom end of the labor market. If there was, wages and benefits would be increasing noticeably and that's not happening and hasn't happened in decades.

I can't believe you've fell hook line and sinker for the myth being perpetrated by tourist and other seasonal businesses. This is all being done so greedy businesses can continue to reap the rewards of cheap labor. Yes, the H2B visa program is part of it. Oh, and you're wrong about housekeepers not being eligible for the H2B program. Skilled and non-skilled labor is eligible and that includes lifeguards, housekeepers, servers, cooks, etc. They're eligible in 10 month increments.

The increasing reliance on foreign workers (legal and illegal) has caused the social networks and recruitment practices once used to attract native-born Americans to atrophy, creating the impression there are no workers.

Last edited by MW; 12-13-2018 at 03:04 AM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Of course H2B is about lower wages! Without the available cheaper labor, wages would increase. There is no evidence of a labor shortage, especially at the bottom end of the labor market. If there was, wages and benefits would be increasing noticeably and that's not happening and hasn't happened in decades.

I can't believe you've fell hook line and sinker for the myth being perpetrated by tourist and other seasonal businesses. This is all being done so greedy businesses can continue to reap the rewards of cheap labor. Yes, the H2B visa program is part of it. Oh, and you're wrong about housekeepers not being eligible for the H2B program. Skilled and non-skilled labor is eligible and that includes lifeguards, housekeepers, servers, cooks, etc. They're eligible in 10 month increments.

The increasing reliance on foreign workers (legal and illegal) has caused the social networks and recruitment practices once used to attract native-born Americans to atrophy, creating the impression there are no workers.

I've never had a problem with the H2B visa because it's specific industries for specific time periods during certain seasons, the same as I've never had a problem with the H2A agricultural visas. They come, they work, they leave, and the numbers are very small compared to other programs. I don't want to see increases in the numbers.

I have a problem with 30 million illegal aliens roaming the land, over 1 million new green cards annually, 700,000 student visas annually and 85,000 H1B visas a year, because of these huge numbers and because they come, they work/study, and almost never leave. Same with TPS and refugees. And now this asylum madness.

I didn't say housekeepers weren't eligible for H2Bs. I said plain as day, full-time housekeepers are not eligible for H2B visas.
    Last edited by Judy; 12-13-2018 at 03:41 AM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I've never had a problem with the H2B visa because it's specific industries for specific time periods during certain seasons, the same as I've never had a problem with the H2A agricultural visas. They come, they work, they leave, and the numbers are very small compared to other programs. I don't want to see increases in the numbers.

I have a problem with 30 million illegal aliens roaming the land, over 1 million new green cards annually, 700,000 student visas annually and 85,000 H1B visas a year, because of these huge numbers and because they come, they work/study, and almost never leave. Same with TPS and refugees. And now this asylum madness.

I didn't say housekeepers weren't eligible for H2Bs. I said plain as day, full-time housekeepers are not eligible for H2B visas.

Judy, you're absolutely right about the 30 million illegal aliens roaming the land; its these average, "non-criminal" illegals who are the ones who've taken over entire industries from American citizens. Drive by any residential construction site and its highly likely a foreign crew is doing the job. Builders are complicit in hiring them , and Americans cannot compete. They give 1099 forms to their employees and don't take taxes out. Their families collect taxpayer benefits, and their children fill our schools, requiring ESL services from the get -go. America needs relief from the millions and millions of "garden variety " illegal aliens in our communities, not just the "criminals"!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    No, I'm indicating the story fizzled because it's a non-story about Trump.
    I it had fizzled out as you say, why is it still in the media?

Shocker: Trump used illegal immigrant labor at his golf club

BY ESTHER J. CEPEDA / SYNDICATED COLUMNIST

Friday, December 14th, 2018 at 12:02am

CHICAGO – Since President Donald Trump is so fond of giving his political nemeses pet names, allow me to give him one, too: Teflon Don. Nothing sticks to this guy.

He said it himself back in 2016: “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters.”

And if he were to say today, “I could employ illegal immigrants even though I say I’m tough on immigration,” his most ardent supporters wouldn’t blink twice.

Hiring undocumented immigrants, of course, has been an unforgivable political sin. It derailed the nominations of two candidates for attorney general in 1993 – Zoe Baird and Kimba Wood; two nominations for labor secretary – Linda Chavez in 2001 and Andrew Puzder in 2017; and a pick for homeland security secretary in 2004 – Bernard Kerik. Today, employing people who are residing in the country illegally would surely torpedo the careers of most incumbents or candidates for office.
    But few Trump supporters were rushing to point out the president’s hypocrisy when The New York Times reported last week that unlawfully present immigrants were working by using phony employment documents at the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, N.J.

Make no mistake about it: If President Barack Obama had done the same thing during his tenure, he would have been run out of the White House on a rail by an angry mob.

Yet when Trump does anything that directly undermines his campaign promises, his base always seems to find a way to turn it around.

“No good deed goes unpunished, even when the beneficiary is in the country illegally,” wrote Eddie Scarry, a conservative opinion writer for The Washington Examiner, in reference to reports that the housekeepers who came forward about working with fake documents said Trump had tipped them generously.

Scarry didn’t grapple with the threatening and demeaning comments that Victorina Morales said she faced from her immediate supervisors because they knew she was working illegally.

In Scarry’s assessment, the salient fact was that a prominent publication had the gall to elevate the undocumented women’s stories, not the fact that Trump’s golf club is allegedly hiring unlawfully present immigrants for jobs that should, in Trump’s stated vision of the U.S. workforce, go to lawful permanent residents and native-born workers.

No mention at all of the Times’ most damning revelation – that although Trump has, in the past, bragged about using E-Verify, the electronic system that checks potential employees’ identity against the databases of the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Securityto weed out unauthorized workers at his work sites and properties, his staff knowingly hired undocumented workers.

According to the Times, an online list of employers who are registered to use the E-Verify system includes Mr. Trump’s golf club in North Carolina – a state where E-Verify is required – but the Bedminster club in New Jersey, which is not required to do the federal check, doesn’t appear.

According to Morales and another worker, Sandra Diaz, supervisors wielded their power by simultaneously helping employees obtain fake work documentation from other employees, sometimes even helping to pay for the false documents, so they could stay on the job, and by calling them “donkeys,” and “stupid illegal immigrants” with less intelligence than a dog. There were also alleged threats of deportation and, sometimes, physical force.

Morales took major risks to come forward but did so to stick up for others suffering in silence.

“We are tired of the abuse, the insults, the way (Trump) talks about us when he knows that we are here helping him make money,” Morales told the Times. “We sweat it out to attend to his every need and have to put up with his humiliation.”

That humiliation started when Trump launched his presidential campaign in 2015 by referring to immigrants south of the border as criminals and rapists.

Well, you have to hand it to him – when Trump made those comments, he also said of the immigrants that, “some, I assume, are good people.”

That’s surely how he thought of Morales, who was given both a certificate of outstanding service from the club and a special pin in the shape of an American flag bearing a Secret Service logo.

If this latest uncovering of the opportunistic, two-faced nature of our president teaches us anything, it’s that he’s right – in his most passionate supporters’ eyes, he can do no wrong. And no amount of evidence to the contrary will ever sway them to view him as the hypocrite everyone else sees.

E-mail estherjcepeda@washpost.com, Twitter, @estherjcepeda. (c) 2018, Washington Post Writers Group.

https://www.abqjournal.com/1257457/s...golf-club.html

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If this latest uncovering of the opportunistic, two-faced nature of our president teaches us anything, it’s that he’s right – in his most passionate supporters’ eyes, he can do no wrong. And no amount of evidence to the contrary will ever sway them to view him as the hypocrite everyone else sees.

This writer has been eavesdropping on my thoughts.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

[SIZE=4]

I it had fizzled out as you say, why is it still in the media?
    This is an opinion article by a Chicago-based Washington Post Obamaite Open Borders Advocate that got a placement in the Albuequerque, New Mexico abqjournal.com and now shines brightly on ALIPAC ... attacking Trump Supporters. We'll always be in the "media". She wrote the opinion piece about Trump Supporters because the Morales story fizzled.

Stories like the Morales story are just another Wiley Coyote ACME attempt to get the Roadrunner. We saw it during the 2016 primary by other Republicans, during the 2016 General Election by DemoQuacks and Never Trumpers, and almost every day of this Presidency by all of the above. Since nothing they do sticks or works against Trump, now they're going after Trump Supporters. I mean it's so bad that some Republicans or at least some who claim to be Republicans sacrificed Republican control of the US House of Representatives to try and get Trump through Impeachment to shut down his Agenda.

And the reason even that won't work is because Donald Trump is as perfect a President of the United States as Americans could ever hope to have, and he proves that every single day.

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump NJ Golf Club Allegedly Hid Immigrants From Secret Service

President Trump's NJ golf club could be in more trouble as an alleged FBI probe continues.

By Tom Davis, Patch National Staff | Jan 4, 2019 9:12 am ET | Updated Jan 4, 2019 9:23 am ET

Supervisors kept undocumented workers at President Trump's New Jersey golf club off a Secret Service vetting list when Trump visited the club two years ago, according to reports and an attorney representing the workers.

Emma Torres, 43, an immigrant from Ecuador and a kitchen employee at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, told the club that she was an undocumented immigrant while a security check was taking place, according to her attorney Anibal Romero, who represents several undocumented immigrants who worked at the Trump National Golf Club.

The names were then removed from the list that was turned over to the Secret Service, Romero told Patch.

Torres herself also made these claims to The New Tork Times and The Washington Post as the FBI and New Jersey's attorney general are now allegedly probing allegations of harassment and immigration fraud claims at the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster.

Victorina Morales, 45, an undocumented immigrant from Guatemala, told The Times that when said she worked as a housekeeper in a different part of the club cleaning Trump's villa, Secret Service agents gave her a pin to wear every time Trump visited.

"I had to wear the pin to get into the golf club," Morales said in an interview Thursday, saying her supervisor asked her to sign her name to receive a pin. Morales told The Times that she did not know how to write, so she didn't sign, adding: "I told them I couldn't write, so they let me go at that."

Secret Service spokeswoman Catherine Milhoan told The Times that a Secret Service pin bearing the U.S. flag is a novelty item and is not used by the Secret Service as a means of identification, verification or access control. She declined to discuss what kind of pins agents may have provided Morales.

Efforts to obtain comment from the FBI, the Trump Organization and US Citizenship and Immigration Services were not immediately successful.

FBI agents and the state Office of Attorney General have met with Romero, a Newark attorney who told Patch that he provided fraudulent green cards and Social Security numbers to the OAG that management at the club allegedly used to hire his clients, Morales and Sandra Diaz.

Romero also said he reached out to Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller's office, which is investigating the 2016 Trump presidential campaign's alleged ties to Russia.

Mueller's office apparently referred him to the FBI, and two agents subsequently met with Romero recently at a federal office in Branchburg.

Romero said the FBI told him that it is working with the OAG on the investigation. He said the FBI's interest makes him "feel the institutions work in this country."

Morales, of Bound Brook, and Romero are still awaiting word from the U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services on their asylum request from December, he said.

Morales used fake documents to get a job at Trump's golf club including a "made-up Social Security number that belonged to no one," Romero, told Patch.

Morales left Guatemala in 1999 and illegally entered the United States before heading to Bedminster where she used phony documents to secure a job at the president's golf course, according to the New York Times. She had been working at the golf club and cleaning for President Donald Trump since 2o13.

She claims she is not the only illegal worker at the golf club despite Trump's claims during his presidential campaign boasting that he had used an electronic verification system, E-Verify, to ensure that only those legally entitled to work were hired, according to the New York Times.

Romero, meanwhile, told Patch that the state attorney general initially reached out to him about claims that five of his clients were routinely threatened and called racial slurs while working at the Trump National Golf Club.

Romero said his clients have had their hair pulled, they've been pushed against a wall and they've been called "dogs," among other transgressions.

Romero said his clients have complained to the "highest levels of management." Eventually, they were given a woman whom they later discovered was a nanny for Donald Trump's son, Barron, and who was supposed to look into the situation. Nothing happened, he said.

Trump frequents the golf course on a yearly basis and even spends his summer vacations there.

This past summer, Trump spent an 11-day summer vacation in Bedminster from Thursday, Aug. 2 through Monday, Aug. 13.

Trump had also spent about six weekends at Trump National Golf Club off Lamington Road in Bedminster in 2018. (See related: President Trump May Spend Summer Vacation In Bedminster)

In 2017, the President spent an 18-day summer vacation in Bedminster as well, which local aviators said "devastated" local airports.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/bernard...secret-service
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Hmm, and someone said the story had fizzled.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast