Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

But under political pressure from anti-immigrant groups reporting that "illegals" from other states were flooding into North Carolina to take out licenses fraudulently, the state legislature approved a restrictive law on July 2006.
    Isn't it amazing how the word "illegal" got dropped from "anti-immigrant" groups but it emphases the word "illegals" since it's considered a racist term. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm sick and tired of them using the "race" card every time we try to do something about illegal immigration. And yes the majority are "Hispanic" but it's not racist it's just reality. The majority of the illegal immigrants in North Carolina ARE "Hispanic".

"They take Hispanics to jail for not having a license and to citizens they just issue a summons to appear in court. That is simple discrimination," the senator said.
    That's real interesting Ms. Kinnard since the "Hispanic" that didn't have a license and broad sided my parent's car in Burlington (a sancturay city) wasn't taken to jail. In fact she was given a ticket and well you guessed it never showed up in court. But I'm sure she would have known it's a law in North Carolina not to run a stop sign if she had a license.

I find it interesting that at one time where I live was within Ms. Kinnard's district but they changed it. Could it be the people around where I live were tired of the crazy idiot and were about to vote her out of office?

and lastly

"People don't want to drive without licenses but they don't have any other choice than to take a chance and drive, since they can't get to distant places on a bike, and some rural towns don't have good transportation systems," Asion told Efe.
    They sure do have a choice. They can leave North Carolina, or even better get back to their own country. Don't you just love the fact that it's OUR fault they have to drive illegally. It's OUR fault that they are being arrested for DWI's or for "minor traffic violations" and it's OUR fault that they are getting deported and it's OUR fault that their families are suffering. The truth is THEY made the decision to come here. They made the decision to break the law and THEY are the ones to blame. Don't get mad at US when YOU'RE caught doing something illegally.

drivers licenses

"An analysis by The News and Observer newspaper using figures from the court system showed in June that Hispanics are fined for not having a license more than any other ethnic group although they make up only 7 percent of the state's total population."

7 percent-- I am so darned sick and tired of pro-illegal immigration advocates trying to use numbers speciously to prove a point.
    7 percent --- but what percent of people driving without a license are they??? My guess is 75 % . So what's the surprise about being number 1 when you are number 1????

And why are they no deported instead of fined???

Quote Originally Posted by boxersbear
    "People don't want to drive without licenses but they don't have any other choice than to take a chance and drive, since they can't get to distant places on a bike, and some rural towns don't have good transportation systems," Asion told Efe.

They sure do have a choice. They can leave North Carolina, or even better get back to their own country. Don't you just love the fact that it's OUR fault they have to drive illegally. It's OUR fault that they are being arrested for DWI's or for "minor traffic violations" and it's OUR fault that they are getting deported and it's OUR fault that their families are suffering. The truth is THEY made the decision to come here. They made the decision to break the law and THEY are the ones to blame. Don't get mad at US when YOU'RE caught doing something illegally.
    I work with families in education, some of whom are Hispanic, and I find them generally likely to be very hard-working people. Our neighbor, Mexico, is apparently a more dangerous place to be. Mexico once included the soil (part or all of which is) now California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas (see http://www.earlyamerica.com/earlyamerica/maps/US_1812/.
    So here's how it went, from a non-historian view (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican...93American_War:
    USA wants Mexican soil. USA fights war. USA takes Mexico. USA says to people wanting to live here (even in once Mexican soil) you can not live here, it is now illegal for you to live where your ancestors lived.

SO these families I work with, if they are undocumented, should be forced to stop being hard workers at local businesses (who have a hard time finding caucasians to work there), stop earning $8-9 per hour and go "back" to their country and earn $1 per hour.

You know what they do to get here? They work hard, earn and save $5000-$10,000 to pay their way into the country. Someone helps them get across the border for the transport fee.
    Why doesn't the US Government wise up, allow people to come here "legally," charge them a citizenship fee, require them to and give them a way to follow tax & social security requirements, and make what already happens more equitable for the government?

Jeff, Asheville

jeff

Why don't you tke a large number of illegal immigrants--down to the border--cross into Mexico. Use your great love and compassion and help them to earn a living. Teach them to fish, till the soil, build their country.

And please, please, stay with them. Let you generous heart grow in love with them.

I happen to be HISPANIC and I also worked in the social services sector of the government. These so called "hard working" hispanics have kid after kid then walk into the welfare office and try to obtain every benefit they can get. Women walk in there claiming to be single and outside is the hubby in a recent model 4-door truck with a "construction" advertisement on the door. When these "single" mother would get denied, other women in the lobby would give them "tips" on how to get around that. You'd be surprised at the conversations you hear in there if you know spanish.

Next time your local school district is laying off teachers ask yourself how many of kids in your district belong to illegals who have 5-6 school age kids in a house and only contribute for example $1200 in local school taxes.

Y si quieres conversar en español escribeme y mandame un mensaje privado! After all you as an "educator" should be familiar with the language! Next time look up how many years SPAIN had what is currently the American SW and compare it to how long Mexico had those states!

Most all of these "hardworking" illegal aliens have a non working illegal alien wife/girlfriend at home with benefit receiving anchor children. These illegal dependents and their American born children are putting the states in financial crisis.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEducator
    Quote Originally Posted by boxersbear

I work with families in education, some of whom are Hispanic, and I find them generally likely to be very hard-working people. Our neighbor, Mexico, is apparently a more dangerous place to be. Mexico once included the soil (part or all of which is) now California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas (see http://www.earlyamerica.com/earlyamerica/maps/US_1812/.
    So here's how it went, from a non-historian view (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican...93American_War:
    USA wants Mexican soil. USA fights war. USA takes Mexico. USA says to people wanting to live here (even in once Mexican soil) you can not live here, it is now illegal for you to live where your ancestors lived.

SO these families I work with, if they are undocumented, should be forced to stop being hard workers at local businesses (who have a hard time finding caucasians to work there), stop earning $8-9 per hour and go "back" to their country and earn $1 per hour.

You know what they do to get here? They work hard, earn and save $5000-$10,000 to pay their way into the country. Someone helps them get across the border for the transport fee.
    Why doesn't the US Government wise up, allow people to come here "legally," charge them a citizenship fee, require them to and give them a way to follow tax & social security requirements, and make what already happens more equitable for the government?

Jeff, Asheville
    Welcome to ALIPAC, YoungEducator.

The reason what you describe in great detail is illegal is because:

1. Whatever job they are doing was a job that belonged to a US citizen who needed it.

2. Whatever wage they are doing it at deflated the wages of the US citizens still doing it somewhere else.

3. When they bring their families, or have families here, we pay their medical bills, we pay to educate their children, we feed them on free school lunch program and they sign up for food stamps which means they took medical care that belonged to someone else, they took seats and education resources that belong to US citizens, they took food that was intended for someone else.

4. When they are here stealing jobs, deflating wages and increasing the cost of medical care, food stamps and free school lunch program to name a few ... that's before we even get to their "loans" to buy homes they can't afford, they have increased government spending, increased the national debt and bankrupted the US.

5. We have 30 million unemployed/under-employed Americans.

6. We have a $14 trillion national deb.

7. Every state and county in the country can't meet their budget demands and most are on the verge of bankruptcy.

8. When we enforce US immigration law, the number of people on welfare will reduce, the amount of government spending will reduce, the amount of taxes needed will reduce unemployment/underemployment of Americans will reduce, and we will once again be on the road to sanity instead of bankruptcy.

All illegal aliens need to gather, pack, gas up and head home to their nation of citizenship, and you my dear, need to go on vacation in the not too distant future and spend some time in Watts, South Side Chicago, Harlem, Southeast Philadelphia and Downtown Detroit and meet the people whose lives were robbed, totally, by illegal and excess legal immigration into the United States.

You can't understand this issue and its consequences from your own perspective. You have see it from the perspective of the people who are robbed, diminished, degraded and deflated by illegal immigration.

For every illegal alien you see bubbling along, there's an American's whose life was burst by it. We have immigration laws to protect our workers, our businesses, our budgets, our public service programs, our safety, our health and the general welfare and well-being of US citizens and Permitted Guests.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thank you "feduphispanic". I have heard the same thing from a couple tax preparers. They told me ,yes some pay their taxes but they come into the office with a pocket full of cards and say they are all their children without any real proof. So they get all the money they paid into the system.

People STILL DO NOT GET THE POINT! We are saying theyare here illegally and we want our borders secured and laws enforced. No one said anything about them working or being a hard worker or not. They have broken the laws!

How many ways can you tell these people this so they will GET IT?
    Another thing I like to add is that if these people are so hard working and honorable then they need to stand up against their own government and make changes to better suit them . Do not change this country and our flag and our English and our history.

By the way the United States paid for the land just as it bought the Louisiana Purchase and Alaska. Sure not much money as we look at it today but then that was a lot of money. That was paid to the Mexican Government of that time.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

FYI YoungEducator the Illegals could have been legal citizens IF they applied like honest Legal Immigrants.

If I were a Legal Immigrant I would be very angry I had spent sooo much time and money because I am an honest person who wants to do the right thing while I watch people who have NO respect for US law DEMAND they be given Amnesty.

Educator do you have any idea of how many poor hard working people there is in the world who want to come to the USA ? Do you really believe we can take them all in without destroying our country and the lives of its citizens ?

Mexico is a beautiful country and a lot of IA's made a decent living but wanted more so let them get involved in politics and work to change their country (instead of meddling in our affairs).

Do you have any idea how much money is being spent to try and influence our Government to give IA;s Amnesty ? It would be enough to make great changes in their home countries yet the philanthropist such as the Ford Foundation would rather squander it,year after year,on tryng to force Americans to accept Amnesty then help the poor in other countries. Sad isn't it ?
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by feduphispanic
    I happen to be HISPANIC and I also worked in the social services sector of the government. These so called "hard working" hispanics have kid after kid then walk into the welfare office and try to obtain every benefit they can get. Women walk in there claiming to be single and outside is the hubby in a recent model 4-door truck with a "construction" advertisement on the door. When these "single" mother would get denied, other women in the lobby would give them "tips" on how to get around that. You'd be surprised at the conversations you hear in there if you know spanish.

Next time your local school district is laying off teachers ask yourself how many of kids in your district belong to illegals who have 5-6 school age kids in a house and only contribute for example $1200 in local school taxes.

Y si quieres conversar en español escribeme y mandame un mensaje privado! After all you as an "educator" should be familiar with the language! Next time look up how many years SPAIN had what is currently the American SW and compare it to how long Mexico had those states!
    That's right! Also Mexico invaded this country and warred with the Native Americans, the Apaches especially. Then look at how many years Spain had Mexico, then decided it wasn't really worth it and left.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast