Like Tree4Likes

Thread: US Unveils Fear Campaign to Slow Mass Border Crossings

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

US Unveils Fear Campaign to Slow Mass Border Crossings

by Kristin Tate and Bob Price 4 Jul 2014
    breitbart

HOUSTON, Texas--The federal government has launched a campaign targeted at Central Americans to deter the wave of illegal immigrants from making the trek north and crossing into the United States. Newly released television ads warn of the dangers that come with illegal immigration.

"Dramatic stories, made in the telenovella fashion" will be distributed both in the U.S. and Central America, according to ABC 13.

The commercials feature a young migrant, saying goodbye to his mother and father before making the journey north. He finds himself embarking on a much more dangerous trip than he had bargained for.

The television ads are part of an effort by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) called the Dangers Awareness Campaign. CBP said in a statement that the campaign is "an aggressive Spanish language outreach effort and an urgent call to action to community groups, the media, parents and relatives in the U.S. and Central America to save and protect the lives of migrant children attempting to cross the southwest border."

Print, radio ads, and billboards will also be used to spread this message. A total of 6,500 public service announcements will be broadcast over the course of the campaign, according to CBP.

The paid advertising will primarily focus on the following messages: the journey is too dangerous; children will not get legal papers if they make it; they are the future—let’s protect them.

Yesterday Breitbart Texas reported on Spanish-language posters that will be distributed by CBP in Central America. A translation shows that one says, "I thought it would be easy for my son to obtain papers in the north... It was not true."

Another says, "I thought it would be easy for my son to obtain papers in the USA... I was wrong."

Both posters additionally read, "Our children are the future: protect them."

Breitbart Texas recently reported on a Guatemalan mother who told an Associated Press reporter in her home that her son should have stayed in Guatemala. He was found dead this week near the Rio Grande River. Twelve illegal aliens were found dead in Brooks County in June near the small South Texas town of Falfurrias which is located about 80 miles from the Mexican border.

ABC’s Jim Avila said one of the goals of the ad campaign was to counter the notion that the immigrants making it to America were getting a free pass because they are minors or are traveling with minors. This is “a tough sale,” Avila said, “since the overwhelming number of moms and kids coming across illegally are allowed, within days, to take buses to be with family already in the United States.”

On June 30th, Breitbart Texas Managing Director, Brandon Darby, revealed videos he shot in the Greyhound Bus Station in Laredo Texas showing illegal immigrants lying around on the floor of the bus station while awaiting transportation. Border Patrol Council Local 2455 spokesman Hector Garza explained to Darby about the process whereby the “family units” are given tickets for bus transportation anywhere they want to go in the United States to meet up with alleged family members.

“Right now, of course, these kids and their moms are released to go anywhere in the U.S. they want," Avila said, “hopping on buses with just a promise to appear in court and our sources say most of them do not.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...rder-Crossings
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

With 10's of thousands calling and texting back, "I made it," who the hell will give prudent thought to those ads? Give me a break, are we going to let our money be spent on untruthful and already disproved bulldung? Give me another break, please!

Quote Originally Posted by kevinssdad View Post
    With 10's of thousands calling and texting back, "I made it," who the hell will give prudent thought to those ads? Give me a break, are we going to let our money be spent on untruthful and already disproved bulldung? Give me another break, please!
    I wonder if they are issued an Obamaphone also.
    Last edited by Newmexican; 07-06-2014 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican View Post
    I wonder if they are issued and Obamaphone also.
    OMG, Do not let me or get me to wondering about that! Well, if we hear that that is happening, I'll believe that you suggested it.

LOL, Newmexican if we don't laugh at some of this, there is nothing to do but cry!

I am sure that these videos cost as much as the IRS videos did. This is a total waste of resources when that money could have been spent enforcing our existing laws as the Constitution and obama's oath of office demands.
    Then there is the long term welfare drain of all of the illegals that want that refugee status because as illegals, until they can drop the anchor baby, they can't get to the welfare income but they can as refugees.

Everything associated with illegals is lie cheat and steal.