Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

USDA BUILDS HOUSING FOR GUESS WHO

The USDA has built housing in McMinnville, TN for hispanic workers.

Apartment complex for hispanic farm workers opens in McMinnville
    copyright AP
    Katie Allison Granju, Producer
    Last Updated: 12/6/2006 10:46:26 AM

An apartment complex set aside for Hispanic plant nursery workers has been opened in McMinnville.

Beacon Light Apartments features 24 two- and three-bedroom units. Fourteen of them are already rented.

Complex manager Veronica Flores says rent is based on income with monthly charges ranging from $150 - $450.

U.S. Agriculture Department statistics show sales of $94 million in Warren County. The department says $78 million of that is from the plant nurseries.

USDA state rural development director Ruth Tackett says the McMinnville housing project is the agency's first of its kind in Tennessee, but says more will undertaken.
    http://www.wbir.com/news/regional/story ... ryid=40234
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh well heck, why don't we just kick open our doors and tell them to come on in!Make things as easy for the poor hard working people as we can.Tahiti is looking better to me all the time, wonder how they treat their illegals?
    Build the dam fence post haste!

http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/

Rural Development Housing and Community Facilities Programs
    To Expand Rural Minority Homeownership
    Well, if you are not a Minority then you can't have it.

This is not what the Department of Ag was designed to do. This is a housing matter and this is duplicity, which should be stopped.

Which congressman initiated this crap? Who introduced the bill?

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Is this done with OUR taxes?
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Why aren't they building this housing for America's poor? This is outrageous!

An apartment complex set aside for Hispanic plant nursery workers has been opened in McMinnville.
    This is insanity people. Low income housing based on race/ethnicity (many of them, no doubt, illegals)?!?!?!

Complex manager Veronica Flores says rent is based on income with monthly charges ranging from $150 - $450.
    There is a story in my paper about the number of working poor Americans families living in shelters because they cannot find afford the costs of housing. Yet our govenment see's fit to provide a 2-3 bedroom apartments, for as lttle as 150.00, to working poor hispanics.!!

http://delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll ... /612130380

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/

Rural Development Housing and Community Facilities Programs
    To Expand Rural Minority Homeownership
    Well, if you are not a Minority then you can't have it.

This is not what the Department of Ag was designed to do. This is a housing matter and this is duplicity, which should be stopped.

Which congressman initiated this crap? Who introduced the bill?

Dixie
    My thoughts exactly!

Are these our taxes??????

Please, someone tell me if this is with our taxes?
    I can see this happening in New Orleans, too.
    I am part of the working "poor" in Florida.
    The rents are outrageous. I am living in a one bedroom
    for 800 a month. I sleep in the living room and my son
    gets the bedroom. And I pay taxes.

Banned
    Someone needs to confirm the existence of this program and that the housing is indeed specifically reserved for Hispanic workers. If that turns out to be true, then we have some HUGE problems. This would mean that the same damned government that PROSECUTES private citizens and private businesses for failing to be "color blind" is creating exclusive privileges based upon race.

If this turns out to be true, we should damned well be marching on Washington and demanding a refund of any public monies that went into the project. We should also demand the firing of any and every official involved in this racist endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Someone needs to confirm the existence of this program and that the housing is indeed specifically reserved for Hispanic workers. If that turns out to be true, then we have some HUGE problems. This would mean that the same damned government that PROSECUTES private citizens and private businesses for failing to be "color blind" is creating exclusive privileges based upon race.

If this turns out to be true, we should damned well be marching on Washington and demanding a refund of any public monies that went into the project. We should also demand the firing of any and every official involved in this racist endeavor.
    Check out if you have some time:
    http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/rhs/
    I looked through it some. I don't believe they are specifically reserving anything for Hispanics. I couldn't find anything that specifically said that non-citizens would not be able to participate though. I'll have to look through it some more later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast