Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Vicente Fox: Forget Sticks And Stones, Lou Dobbs Really Hurt

From The Iowa Independent newsletter. Vicente Fox is spreading ___ good will and promoting his new book at some of our fine private colleges. He doesn't like Lou. Aahhh!

Vicente Fox: "Forget Sticks And Stones, Lou Dobbs Really Hurts"

Posted: 29 Oct 2007 10:17 AM CDT

STORM LAKE -- Reversing the schoolboy "sticks and stones" rhyme, former Mexican President Vicente Fox says words can hurt.
    During a news conference held as part of a two-day visit to Storm Lake, in northwest Iowa, Fox said the anti-immigration rhetoric from some U.S. public opinion shapers is not only driving a policy debate but fanning hatred and even violence. In fact, Fox singled out CNN's Lou Dobbs, known for his strong views on immigration.

"There is confusion that immigrants are terrorists, which is absolutely false," Fox said at Buena Vista University. "The decision process is being guided by the xenophobics, the Minutemen in Arizona, the violent, and I'm sorry to say violent like Lou Dobbs."

Fox, who served as president of Mexico from 2000 to 2006, said language used by some anti-immigration forces spawns more violence than what results from those who would be "using the stick."

"There are many using violent words like Lou Dobbs, which is moving public opinion to divide, which is bringing in violence to local communities," Fox said.

In other remarks during his time in Storm Lake, Fox said the effect of building a wall along the Mexican border is "terrible" for the image of the United States.

"I couldn't conceive anything worse than building a wall," he said.

Fox added, "Walls don't work. The Chinese Wall didn't work against their enemies. The Berlin Wall didn't work against freedom. The West Bank wall is not working and this one won't work. We should be building bridges instead of walls."

A recent report shows Iowa is in desperate need of more workers. Meanwhile, U.S. Census data reveal that a Latinization of some cities in western Iowa is the primary reason for their growth, and that other communities, without the Hispanic influence, are aging dangerously where commercial and industrial matters are concerned.

If ths clear need for workers were being met with Canadians or Germans would Americans have such a level of negative reaction?

"No, they would not," Fox said.

Fox wonders what happened to the United States of globalization and free trade and competition.

"The champion and the leader today isolates from the rest of the world, now that we learn to compete," Fox said.

Over the weekend, Fox spoke four times on the campus of this northwest Iowa private college. Fox is another in a long line of distinguished speakers to visit the campus as part of the William W. Siebens lecture series. In the news conference, he fielded questions from Iowa Independent and other reporters, most in English but one in Spanish from the western Iowa newspaper, La Prensa.

Lorena Lopez, editor of the western Iowa Spanish-language newspaper La Prensa, said Fox's remarks, while motivating for many in the Hispanic community, were clearly aimed at "Anglos."

"It's not much, every year, every day, that a president from Mexico comes to the United States and speaks English," Lopez said. "I think it is important that he let people know that Mexico and the United States are neighbors and need to work together. He just confirmed that immigrants come here to work and improve their lives and they don't want to be here forever. I liked what he said. He said we need one another. The United States needs part of that labor from workers from another country. Immigrants need the good money that is paid here."

Fox has been in the United States in recent weeks in large part to promote his book "Revolution Of Hope."

"The book is addressed to my heroes, to my beloved Mexicans that are here in the United States, making this economy prosper, bringing in quality of life to every home, making the economy productive and competitive in front the Asian challenge, China's challenge," he said.

Fox said here are some obvious reasons the United States and Mexico are "complementary" economies.

Mexico's average income is one-sixth of that in the United States, and America needs more labor to see continued economic growth, Fox said.

"As long as we have that difference, that gap, people will be looking for a better life and people will be trying to come here," Fox said.

Fox said New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg told him that city would "collapse" if it weren't for the Latino immigrants.

Fox's book contains several references to President George W. Bush, including one in which he referred to the Texan as a "windshield cowboy." Fox suggests in the book that Bush is actually afraid of horses.

"It's my first candid impression," Fox said in Storm Lake.

http://www.iowaindependent.com/showDiar ... aryId=1359
    Judy

heyjude107: Do you have a link to the above article?

(If this is something that you received via email, then a URL to the organization's web site would be fine as well. Thanks).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Who let this cretin Vicente Fox into our country? Why is he still here? And how exactly is Lou Dobbs 'violent'?

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    heyjude107: Do you have a link to the above article?

(If this is something that you received via email, then a URL to the organization's web site would be fine as well. Thanks).
    Yes, the Iowa Independent- Daily Digest is a newsletter. This is the URL:
    editor@iowaindependent.com

Here is the link from their website:
    http://www.iowaindependent.com/showDiar ... aryId=1359

Should I have requested permission to post this?

Some might not be aware Vicente Fox is on a lecture tour, promoting his book and of course, doing all he can to influence our upcoming elections.

[edit: to correct article link]
    Judy

well, i didnt have to register, and i posted a comment and
    its showing

"There is confusion that immigrants are terrorists, which is absolutely false," Fox said..
    No, there is no confusion, Mr. Foxster. Although, we know why you are here..to spread lies and confusion to gain sympathy for your NAU agenda since YOUR country is the only one out of the three that will benefit. How come we don't see the Prime Minister of Canada over here in this country doing what you are doing? Go home now, jerk.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If "they" look up to him so much, why doesn't he say: "Eeef i can speek Eengeesh, Joo can too!!"

Welcome to alipac,"Heyjude107" Thanks for the article and thanks for joining us!!

You don't need permission to post, just need to post a link
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I thought he left the country already, he needs to stop running around our country speading crap he know nothing about!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Added to Home Page with the following Note

http://www.alipac.us/article2691.html

Normally an article like this would not make it to the ALIPAC home page, but it was added to show the Stupidity of Vicente Fox. He uses words like immigrants to refer to illegal aliens. He calls Americans xenophobes because we want our laws enforced. Fox has obviously not grasped the English Language. Next, he is clearly pushing for the North American union when he states "the United States and Mexico are "complementary" economies." Yes, we compliment their economy when their citizens enter our nation illegally and send ill-gotten gains back home in the form or remittances. Finally, he says that Lou Dobbs was wrong in his assertion that illegal aliens are "terrorists." However, Fox didn’t elaborate what happens to someone who illegally enters Mexico, joins a protest, demands social programs, free medical care and the same rights as their citizens. What's with the Double Standards Fox?
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast