Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

VISTA, CA : ILLEGALS ATTACK POLICE DURING TRAFFIC STOP

VISTA: Deputy allegedly attacked by crowd while trying to issue ticket

By MORGAN COOK mcook@nctimes.com | Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 7:12 pm | (33) Comments

VISTA, CALIFORNIA

VISTA ---- Seven people were arrested and one person was shocked with a stun gun Tuesday morning after a disruptive crowd tried to prevent a deputy from citing a man for a traffic violation, authorities said.

A San Diego County sheriff's deputy pulled over a vehicle with two men inside at 7:40 a.m. after he saw the vehicle violate a traffic law near the 200 block of Civic Center Drive, Lt. Jim Duffy said.

The driver, who was later identified as Ismael Martinez, 51, did not have a license, and neither did his passenger, Francisco Martinez, Sgt. Mike Arens said.

The driver began calling people to come to the scene while the deputy was ticketing him, Duffy said. The driver refused to stop calling people and struck the deputy on the hand, he said.

The deputy was arresting the driver when the passenger got out of the car and attacked the deputy, Arens said. The three struggled.

A tow truck driver who was standing nearby jumped into the fight to help the deputy, Duffy and Arens said. The deputy used his stun gun to shock the passenger during the struggle.

More deputies came to help control the situation and finish the arrests, Arens said.

A few minutes later, about 25 people showed up in response to the driver's earlier phone call, Arens said. Most of them were men and appeared to be the driver's relatives.

The people were disruptive and tried to free the driver, but they quickly dispersed and moved to the other side of the street once the deputies started arresting people, the officials said.

Raul Martinez, 25; Alfredo Martinez, 27; Jorge Martinez, 20; Fernando Martinez, 26; and Aldo Martinez, 22, were arrested on suspicion of crimes including refusing to disperse, inciting a riot, assaulting a peace officer and criminal threats, Arens said.

The passenger was taken to a hospital for treatment of his injuries, then booked into Vista Detention Center, Arens said.

The first deputy suffered minor injuries, but he was not taken to a hospital, Arens said.

He said no one else was hurt.

Call staff writer Morgan Cook at 760-739-6675.

NORTH COUNTY TIMES

(35) Comments

NCT COMMENTS ON THIS STORY

Page: 1 of 2

ArneKillsNWOscum said on: July 20, 2011, 9:24 am This incident proves the spirit of the reconquista and the plan os san diego is alive and well amongst the hispanic population. Grab your machetes and cling to them with all your might because when you do try to rise up i will be waiting with my mini fourteen and my forty smith and wesson.. Viva la reconquista!

Jim-RT said on: July 20, 2011, 9:23 am "El chapo" said "we mexicans are united". To that I say then go fight for your rights in your own country. Oh, wait, sorry, you can't, you don't have the hair to stand up for your rights in your country. I say "your country" because you refer to yourself as a mexican, not an American, so you must not belong here.

SeparationCS said on: July 20, 2011, 9:13 am Men in packs are a scary thing.

1story2sides said on: July 20, 2011, 9:13 am I try to stay out of these discussions, but sometimes the reasoning just escapes me.

A couple of years ago, I was stopped in Vista for NOT stopping at a stop sign. (I thought I came to a full stop, but the deputy didn't.) About 15 years ago I was pulled over in O'side because my registration sticker was expired. (I hadn't gotten around to putting on the new one.) I received tickets in both cases.

Are you saying that I was being profiled? I really thought it was because it was the professional opinion of those officers that I had violated the law - whether I agreed or not. And although I did not agree, I took those tickets and dealt with them instead of arguing or calling my friends to help me out.

Or is it NOT profiling if I'm white, only if I'm some other race? Does that mean that only white people break traffic (and other) laws?

NorthCountydude said on: July 20, 2011, 8:55 am When u mess with one bean u mess with the whole burrito!

Jim-RT said on: July 20, 2011, 8:50 am Hey "Robert24" I just read what you said on: July 19, 2011, 10:23 pm....Now that was funny.

Jim-RT said on: July 20, 2011, 8:48 am The only difference here (than the norm) is that all the beaners were not in the initial car but drove there (probably in the same car). What kind of crap is this? Two illegals driving illegally call more illegals to get them out of getting arrested. This is a flagrant attack on authority and if you do not have authority then you have anarchy...if you have anarchy, then you might as well start shooting.

Craig said on: July 20, 2011, 8:27 am sdnative2010 @ 8:13 am- Your comment isn't adding to the conversation, in fact it's the reason why those who are anti-illegal immigration get called racist.

Daphne said on: July 20, 2011, 8:26 am Robert24 do you know where I live because I feel threatened by this post.

Although your analogy is ludicrous, please know there is no need to break down the door just knock, and you will be welcomed, eat anything you want to eat, and I will definitely clean up any mess you make. I don't have a dog but if you must be brutal I do have a cat.

gn said on: July 20, 2011, 8:24 am If any of these criminals are here illegally, they MUST be deported immediately. These are the criminals we cannot afford to have in our country. Obviously, they do not have any respect for our laws or law enforcement officers. So much for assimilation; get them out of here. If they are citizens, put them in jail; we cannot have this type of anarchy, or stupidity if you are going to pull the ignorant card, in our community.

Grump said on: July 20, 2011, 8:23 am Editors Note * This post has been hidden due to a potential policy violation.

sdnative2010 said on: July 20, 2011, 8:15 am Editors Note * This post has been hidden due to a potential policy violation.

sdnative2010 said on: July 20, 2011, 8:13 am Editors Note * This post has been hidden due to a potential policy violation.

Robert24 said on: July 20, 2011, 8:11 am I say we all go to Daphne's house, break down the door, eat all her food, leave a mess and kick the dog on the way out. She'd probably find a way to think this is okay too, right? I don't see why it wouldn't be, since laws, and respect for others, are for someone else to follow, right?

Independent said on: July 20, 2011, 8:02 am Editors Note * This post has been hidden due to a potential policy violation.

Independent said on: July 20, 2011, 7:58 am I think Scooby Doo helps some people here with their logic, or lack thereof.

Craig said on: July 20, 2011, 7:22 am got "an" error. Don't want to be mugged by the spelling police, because we know police are bad people, right Daphne?

Craig said on: July 20, 2011, 7:21 am Leave it to Daphne to side with the "alleged" lawbreakers.

(got and error the first time, hope the isn't a repost)

Daphne said on: July 20, 2011, 7:19 am gdogncbd wonders "why didnt the driver just call someone with a license so they could release the car to them.?" HA, HA, HA, HEE, HEE, HEE....do you really think they do that?

Daphne said on: July 20, 2011, 7:17 am "A San Diego County sheriff's deputy pulled over a vehicle with two men inside at 7:40 a.m. after he saw the vehicle violate a traffic law near the 200 block of Civic Center Drive, Lt. Jim Duffy said." The reason for the stop is a little vague don't you think? These Deputies use racial profiling as a means to enforce immigration laws, yeah you were stopped because you had a dirty windshield, your brake lights weren't working (but they worked fine when tested after the stop), etc, etc, etc... I think thank you notes should be sent to Bill Flores and Tina Jillings because if it wasn't for them the deputy would have killed this old man. Sheriff Gore will have to much to answer too if that would happen! Finally people are getting sick of this ill treatment and standing up for themselves. I hope the tow truck driver was arrested for assault and battery.

An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Read more: http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/vista ... z1SfCrRaFx

(35) Comments

NCT COMMENTS ON THIS STORY

•Billy Barnes said on: July 20, 2011, 1:09 am You can look up all 7 arrested here.

http://apps.sdsheriff.net/wij/wij.aspx

2 are illegal aliens on ICE holds and 3 are no longer in custody, including the unlicensed driver - they were probably deported.

Do these people think this is lawless, third-world Mexico? It ain't!

To quote the famous philosopher, The Joker, "This town needs an enema".

• gdogncbdsaid on: July 20, 2011, 1:04 am why didnt the driver just call someone with a license so they could release the car to them.? how stupid to call people to create a mob scene over a simple traffic ticket.now all are facing some serious charges,and still got his car impounded.people dont think before they act and this is what results over something that was so simple to resolve by doing it correctly.

• GRIZZLEYFAN said on: July 19, 2011, 10:57 pm #### were these people thinking, WOW #### is all I can think! WOW and wow also.

• Robert24said on: July 19, 2011, 10:23 pm "The driver began calling people to come to the scene while the deputy was ticketing him, Duffy said."

He probably would have got more people to come if he didn't have to "push 1 for English, or 2 for Spanish"! Dang, I hate waiting for 2 when I don't speak English in America!!

Read more: http://www.nctimes.com/news/local/vista ... z1SfEv66Ff

OMG...this is my hometown. I live in a town nearby now (that isn't much better). Breaks my heart to see what Vista has become....a town you couldn't PAY me to live in.

These illegals and their relatives are pretty stupid to make such a big stink over a simple traffic ticket. Now they are sitting in the slammer awaiting serious charges. Bunch of dumb a$$ed inbreds. The officer and the tow truck driver must have been terrified. It's amazing no one was hurt.

By the way, have I told anyone how much I hate it here lately?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ace Reporter said on: July 20, 2011, 10:59 am Commenting for this story is now closed.

-------
    After 43 comments the discussion was shut down. This is what usually happens when American Citizens express their outrage at stories like this one.

btw most of the comments got censored

I thought the bean and burrito comment was pretty funny.

Apparently the newspaper did not think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip
    btw most of the comments got censored

I thought the bean and burrito comment was pretty funny.

Apparently the newspaper did not think so.
    I heard the bean and burrito thing when I was in 8th grade. Cracked me up then and I never forgot it.

As for the comments being censored - this is why I DON"T get this paper and never will and also might be one reason why this paper has been in financial trouble for the last few years now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is gang warfare against us. Too bad they couldn't arrest everyone who showed up. Maybe they could if they get the original perps to talk. The PD would probably have to have a translator.

So what does Eric Holder think of this gang warfare attack on law enforcement officers. Here's where to tell him:
    AskDOJ@usdoj.gov.

Correspondence to the Department, including the Attorney General, may be sent to:

U.S. Department of Justice
    950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
    Washington, DC 20530-0001

By Phone

Office of the Attorney General Public Comment Line - 202-353-1555
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Get used to it folks this is how these people behave! They have no respect for this country, the rule of law, authority or anything else! They do as they please and if you get in their way, they will not hesitate to use force, utilizing their third-world pack mentality.

These are the same people this administration is fighting so hard on behalf of to give them US citizenship!

added to the homepage with new title...

Mob of illegal immigrants attacks California Deputy!
    http://www.alipac.us/article6431.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast