Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Wage is $10.85/hr guaranteed.
    First, 10.85 is not good pay. It is Sacramento and where it is not really expensive to live there, it is certainly not cheap. AND you are required to work over time but do not get paid for overtime.

For the last 2.5 hours you are suppose to get paid 16.75. So it is not really 10.85 an hour after they rip you off for 12 bucks a day.

Last, it is ILLEGAL not to pay overtime. So these people are advertising a job where the payment terms are blatantly illegal. Guess what? What do you think is going to happen when you try to take a break? Or when you need to go to the restroom. Anyone who is bold enough to run this ad, is doing many other illegal things in the workplace.

They are so use to getting away with it that they dont even try to hide it.
    Ditto RP! These scum bags break the law in broad daylight and nothing is done about it! The entire industry is corrupted to the core it would seem.

This is another reason the invaders have issued this challenge, to expose this industry for the illegal activity. Attracting American citizens to this industry can only help their cause by exposing the dark underbelly of this industry, thereby increasing the wages being offfered, at least the legal wage for work performed, such as OT and minimum wage.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

GR
    This is a slap in the face to Americans, because the cash illegal aliens get is worth what an American gets if the wages were doubled, and the Americans doesn't get the LOTTO WIN of USA tax dollars to bring them up to middle class living as an illegal alien.

Caesar Chevez would be embarrassed at this. He was totally against amnesty, though at least one of his surviving family (a female) is driving the amnesty thing.

These are not family farms, right?

These are very large corporation farms who might have gotten their land through eminent domain - which happens more than Americans know about because family farmers can't get lawyers (or even the ACLU) to back them against big corporations.

Who knows even if they're Americans who own the farms after eminent domain.

Hannity & Colms vowed to never give up the fight against eminent domain, but then they split up.

. . .Last, it is ILLEGAL not to pay overtime. . . .
    It currently is NOT illegal to not pay overtime for farm workers.
    That is why there is a change proposed in the law.

Bill proposed to pay farm workers overtime after 8 hrs

Posted: Jun 24, 2010 5:03 PM PDT
    Updated: Jun 24, 2010 7:28 PM PDT

1:52

SALINAS, Calif,- In California farm workers can work hunched over for up to ten hours without getting paid overtime. That's why Senator Dean Florez is proposing a bill that would pay them overtime after eight hours but not everyone likes it.

Senator Florez said farm workers haven't had a voice in politics at the national level or even the state level in a strong way that would say they are workers like every other worker.

He added that he and his family worked in the fields for years. Now he wants to make sure farm workers get the same overtime benefits as everyone else. That means anything over 8 hours a day is extra money.

"They work very hard, in many cases 12-13 hours to bring the harvest in, yet they're getting paid the same as hour one and that's not the case for any other worker in the nation," said Senator Florez.

Ag companies are against the bill. Jim Bogart with the Grower-Shipper Association said this would hurt farm workers because now they will lose two hours of work.

"Harvesting crews are going to be cutting back to eight hours a day so what this law is going to do is cost me as a worker, 30 dollars a day so in essence my wages would be cut," said Bogart.

Efren Barajas with the Union for Farm workers supports the bill and says the work must get done regardless so there will be no way around overtime and farm workers benefit.

"When growers have the need, they'll pay for overtime so we don't worry too much about that,"said Barajas.

Teresa Aguilar worked in the fields for ten years and said this bill would help her financially.

"We would benefit more and it's better for us because our money would last longer," said Aguilar.

The bill will go to the assembly next week and if it passes, it will go into effect January first.

Submitted by Lucero Benitez, Central Coast News

http://www.kionrightnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=12706531
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

First, 10.85 is not good pay. It is Sacramento and where it is not really expensive to live there, it is certainly not cheap.
    The ad says they get $10.85 PLUS "Free housing with kitchen facilties for workers".
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

First, 10.85 is not good pay. It is Sacramento and where it is not really expensive to live there, it is certainly not cheap.
    The ad says they get $10.85 PLUS "Free housing with kitchen facilties for workers".
    Free housing with kitchen facilities. I can only imagine what this free housing looks like. Probably an outhouse with a hot plate. But I guess if you're from third-world mexico it's all the same.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

it's a clever ploy to show how much we need all of the farm workers

who here thinks that many Americans are going to work all day in the fields?

illegals will be using this as PR

it's a La Raza stunt

http://bit.ly/9rHJIv

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzm1
    it's a clever ploy to show how much we need all of the farm workers

who here thinks that many Americans are going to work all day in the fields?

illegals will be using this as PR

it's a La Raza stunt

http://bit.ly/9rHJIv
    Ditto! I've been saying that all along. They're setting us up for a see, we told you so... illegal invaders are doing the jobs Americans do not want to do! Except they will not distinguish between farm work and other jobs that illegal invaders steal in any number of fields.

Colbert wades into immigration debate

July 6, 2010 | 5:31 pm
    Fights over undocumented immigrants have made headlines from Washington, D.C., to Arizona in recent months. The issue was a central part of the California Republican gubernatorial campaign, but now it's going big time. The fight over illegal immigration is coming to the Colbert Report.

Colbert will host United Farm Workers President Arturo Rodriguez on Thursday to discuss the UFW's new campaign urging unemployed Americans to try their hand at working the fields.

In an effort to stop anti-immigrant sentiment as the nation faces high unemployment, the UFW launched a new website inviting anyone looking for work to do the physical labor often done by undocumented immigrants -- picking grapes or strawberries.

There are about 2 million farm workers nationwide, according to Department of Labor estimates. UFW spokeswoman Maria Machuca estimates as many as 80% of those workers are undocumented.

"A lot of people blame undocumented farm workers for taking jobs away from American citizens. These jobs are there. If you really want them, there they are."

Machuca says the site has placed three people in actual jobs in the fields so far.

-- Anthony York

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I hope they keep us updated on how many jobs are available, how many Americans apply and how many actually get jobs.
    NO AMNESTY

I hope they keep us updated on how many jobs are available, how many Americans apply and how many actually get jobs.
    I sent them an email asking about the job. I asked where the job is located and how much it pays....and also the duration. I made sure to tell them I am a US citizen. I still have not heard back fromt them, so I dont think they are very hard up for labor. I notice when I go to the grocery store there is no shortage of fruits and veggies and the prices have not skyrocketed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast