Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Well-Known Illegal Immigrant To Be Deported

video on link below.

Well-known illegal immigrant to be deported

By Paul Meincke

October 4, 2007 - A west suburban woman who became one of the public faces of the immigration debate is now about to be deported. Teresa Figueroa is a wife, a mom and much beloved in her community, but she also broke the law.

The case of Teresa Figueroa raises many of the issues fundamental to the immigration debate. It has received public attention, but not with the white-hot intensity of some others.
    Figueroa came to the U.S. from her native Mexico eight years ago. To stay, she said she followed an understood practice. She bought a resident-alien card. It had another woman's name and social security number on it. Teresa was later arrested, did some jail time and was ordered deported.

"One makes mistakes when one doesn't know," she said.

Figueroa said she is remorseful about her mistake, but she does not consider herself a criminal, nor do the people who know her, or the governor, who pardoned her.

She has worked, paid taxes, owns a home, and is adored in her church where she is a lay leader. She became one of the faces of the immigration debate and sought to head off deportation.

"What I'm asking for is actually the opportunity to show I have contributed to this country and that I am not a criminal," she said.

Figueroa began her fight to avoid deportation three years ago. All of her appeals have now been denied. On Thursday, she was told to report to Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials, which she did, and provide proof that she's purchased a plane ticket to Mexico, which she has. She said she accepts the deportation decision, but wishes it could have turned out differently.

"Obviously it's not easy. It's very hard. Obviously it's something that affects people deeply, profoundly," said Figueroa.

She said she had been invited to accept sanctuary in a church during her deportation fight, but she declined, in order to demonstrate her desire to comply with the law. Now she will leave family here but will join other family members in her native country.

"I know they're waiting for me, and I think the doors are open," she said.

It is not clear exactly when Figueroa will leave the country. Immigration and Customs Enforcement won't discuss individual cases. But documents say she must depart by the end of the month. That is a month earlier than had been set before.

Figueroa was the subject of a Luis Gutierrez-sponsored private bill in Congress, but the bill has not been called.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sectio ... id=5691284
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good !! Another one down!

I live in the Western suburbs, so this make me very happy!!

She was another Elvira Allerano, only not as much of a b!@$^

Did you notice in the video, after 8 years and still can’t speak a word of English?
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

Here for 8 years and she didn't know? Ha! They are good at acting dumb too. These people are professional users and abusers.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

She "bought" a resident alien card with another woman's name and social security number on it, and she says she's not a criminal?????
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

In the video did you notice a touch feeling sorry for her? That is sanctuary Cook County!
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

This is good. It tells the illegal population that what they are doing is criminal and they will be deported. They should pack their bags and leave now on their own.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am eagerly awaiting Chicago’s turn for the ICE raids.

Samsonite luggage sales should be up after this one.Maybe an illegal alien can start being the new mascot.

"She bought a resident-alien card. It had another woman's name and social security number on it."

"One makes mistakes when one doesn't know," she said."

MISTAKE? If an American citizen did the same thing, they would go to jail.

She knew she was wrong SNEAKING into the country.
    She knew she was wrong BUYING someone elses identification.
    She's getting what she asked for by breaking our laws.

This story is just another sad attempt to make American citizens and LEGAL immigrants feel guilty. SORRY, IT DOESN'T WORK.

they need to deport the worst criminal alien chicago has - luis gutierrez. he might actually be slimier then durbin & obama. but mostly only illinois has had to suffer from his hatred of this country. whereas durbin & obama are a national threat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast