Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

What the ... ? Lou Dobbs wants to legalize illegals

INVASION USA

What the ... ? Lou Dobbs wants to legalize illegals

Ex-CNN anchor suddenly champions amnesty, ripped as 'pathetic sellout'

Posted: November 25, 2009
    3:30 pm Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
    © 2009 WorldNetDaily

Former CNN anchor Lou Dobbs, the illegal immigration opponent with possible presidential aspirations, is stunning many today as he recasts himself as a champion of Hispanic immigrants, now looking to legalize millions of illegal workers in the United States.

Despite his long-held opposition to "amnesty," Dobbs now actually supports a plan to legalize undocumented workers.

"Whatever you have thought of me in the past, I can tell you right now that I am one of your greatest friends and I mean for us to work together," he told Maria Celeste of the Spanish-language network Telemundo. (Click here for video of full interview). "I hope that will begin with Maria and me and Telemundo and other media organizations and others in this national debate that we should turn into a solution rather than a continuing debate and factional contest."

"Many Hispanics consider you to be the No. 1 enemy of Latinos," Celeste told Dobbs. "Do you think that the community is somehow misjudging you?"

"Oh, not somehow. Definitively, absolutely," Dobbs responded. "By the way, I don't believe for a moment that the Latino, Hispanic community in the United States believes that of me at all. It has been the efforts of the far left to characterize me in their propaganda as such."

Twice during the interview, Dobbs mentioned plans to legalize millions of illegal aliens in America, saying "we need the ability to legalize illegal immigrants under certain conditions."

"What isn't working is a penalty to those who are in this country illegally for whom we can both be building a bridge to the future in which there is legalization and at the same time constructing an environment in which everyone is clear and unequivocal about the need for border security and a regulated flow of immigration," Dobbs told Telemundo.

Lou Dobbs: Legalize Illegal Aliens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moekPQ32 ... r_embedded

Dobbs' spokesman Bob Dilenschneider told the Wall Street Journal the former broadcaster draws a distinction between illegal aliens who have committed crimes since arriving in the U.S. and those who are "living upright, positive and constructive lives" who should be "integrated" into society. He said Dobbs recognizes the political importance of Hispanics and is "smoothing the water
    and clearing the air."

Reaction from the public is already strong, including online comments such as:

* "Obviously, the old boy is losing his wits. Never trust a politician, which is what Dobbs now is."

* "Well at least his disingenuousness is in keeping with a politician. On CNN: 'I hate you dirty foreigners!' Preparing to run for office: 'I love you foreigners! And you're not that dirty!'"

* "Just another pathetic sellout. Lou, don't bother."

* "The only thing Dobbs had going for him was his anti-illegal stance. He just blew it. Otherwise he's just another pundit. He's suddenly Bill O'Reilly."

Dobbs, 64, of Wantage, N.J., has admitted an interest in politics, and the New York Times reports a run for the U.S. Senate is possible in 2012 before testing presidential waters.

The Americans for Legal Immigration Political Action Committee, or ALIPAC, was stunned by Dobbs' apparent reversal, especially after it set up a website urging him to run for the presidency or Senate, a site which to date collected more than $666,000 in donations.

"This news is going to break a lot of hearts in America.The American people are suffering so much and so many of us, myself included, believed in Lou Dobbs," said William Gheen, president of ALIPAC. "I am hurt, dismayed, angry, sad, exasperated, red faced, embarrassed, and more after seeing this video."

Gheen is now asking for feedback from the public on Dobbs' new remarks.

It was just last week that Dobbs abruptly left CNN after decades with the cable network. The anchor's refusal to drop "birther" stories about challenges to President Obama's constitutional eligibility to hold office was a major source of contention with CNN management, leading the unconventional journalist to walk away from the network and more than $9 million, according to the New York Post.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=117140
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LOU DOBBS

we need an answer on lou dobbs' comments a.s.a.p. waiting until monday is intolerable. i will pull my support of him. it is unbelievable that dobb's would reverse his stance on illegal immigration and amnesty. his pandering to illegal aliens for political reasons is inexcusable. ALIPAC needs to publicly condemn his actions and take down the LOU DOBBS website. this is a grave disappointment. WE need to find an HONEST man to back for the SENATE and the PRESIDENCY. IT IS NOT LOU DOBBS. without the support of the anti illegal alien groups, lou dobbs will get nowhere. i am glad he showed his true colors early enough for us to back away from THE TRAITOR.

You should back Ron Paul. 30 plus years of complete consistency. The only man who truly understands our horrible financial situation. Very good on immigration. Go for it!

Ostrich