Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    Welcome Nihil and Loneprotestor!
    Thanks!

This is a bi-partisan travesty and if we don't realize that - we are toast.
    NN, you are correct. Although I am registered Rep, the Reps haven't done a good job regarding immigration either.
    The Reps have had six years after 9/11 to bring about more security along our borders, and they have done nothing. (at least the majority)

The Dems really believe they are going to get the "recently illegal" votes because stats have shown that immigrants tend to vote democratic. Not to mention the fact that the majority of the dems are just pandering to the liberal left.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

This is a bi-partisan travesty and if we don't realize that - we are toast.
    NN, you are correct. Although I am registered Rep, the Reps haven't done a good job regarding immigration either.
    The Reps have had six years after 9/11 to bring about more security along our borders, and they have done nothing. (at least the majority)

The Dems really believe they are going to get the "recently illegal" votes because stats have shown that immigrants tend to vote democratic. Not to mention the fact that the majority of the dems are just pandering to the liberal left.
    The Republicans have not only 'not done a good job' - they have worked as hard as anyone to see it is protected and encouraged.

The Republicans have had as long to do something as each of them have been in Washington. Just because you are not the 'majority' doesn't mean you don't still have the ability and obligation to do something.

If these peole wanted anything done about illegal immigration - the very least they could have done would be to let the truth out to the American people.

For so many years, if you were not being affected, no one believed it even existed. They were only given sweet stories about how hard working, and sweet little Maria, etc. They could have refuted that and warned the rest of the nation.

No, don't give them an inch - they are as much to blame as anyone else.
    For the most part, the Republican defeat of this last bill was just the survival instinct - they are still our foes. Actually, I think it might have been a bi-partisan charade. Just look at all the behind the scenes stuff and 'new and innovative approaches' we are getting.

Our Republicans are going around spouting 'border security' and a fence - and little else. They know by focusing us on a fence, we will give them the breathing room for the illegals to get more and more registered to vote and more and more anchor babies born here.

Employers are the key - and not just the few we have been getting stories about.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NCByrd
    Certainly the government should implement the provisions it has already enacted to improve border security and crack down on employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants. But the important additions on those subjects contained in the bill defeated in June will not be enacted without also dealing with the 12 million-plus undocumented immigrants
    This guy is either missing half his brain or is possessed by the Devil. Securing the border and cracking down on employeers WILL "deal" with the 20 million-plus illegal aliens here!!!

But notice he still calls them (undocumented) immigrants!!! That right there tells you he wants them to stay!!!

I would love to put this bastard on trial for treason, along with Kennedy and Bush.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Nouveauxpoor
    It is hard to understand the position of Specter, et al. He admits that he has heard the American people say loud and clear that the only acceptable remedy for the illegal immigration issue is enforcement of the border and deportation. That he doesn't act on that overwhelming message is to me an indication that his first priority is not the people he represents. So who is his master?
    The people he gets his reelection money from.

Quote Originally Posted by magyart
    Spector was on Lou Dobbs last night and said Congress presently lacks the energy to once again tackle comprehensive immigration reform. Consequently, he's not introducing legislation, but merely talking about his latest approach with other Senators.

He's back in PA, making the rounds and visiying some county fairs. In regards to immigration, he commented that he has learned a lot doing this.

I suspect a great many people have told him they want enforcement, not amnesty. I don't think he understands this yet.
    I wish he would go visit Mexico and immigrate there.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilDisco
    Welcome Nihil and Loneprotestor!
    Thanks!
    The President and Lindsey Graham is why I will not vote Republican next election. I live for the day in Nov 08 when Lindsey finds out he has been fired.

Ok, any reasonable person sees through Specter's scheme like cellophane. So let's act & stay on top of this to help make sure this amnesty scheme doesn't gain traction.

We had a long action thread on this last week, but let's get more phone calls etc. to senators' offices clearly warning that we are NOT fooled by this. I try to call about 5 senate offices a day. Can you make some calls as well and post your efforts??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12