Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

This company gave these people plenty of time to prove they were here legally to work in the U.S., if these are legally workers complaining about pay thats one thing but if they are illegal tough, I'm glad the company no matter what the circumstances was doing what they were suppose to!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All you LOOKIE LOU"S out there in the backround yes you! COME ON GET INVOLVED!! If you have a question or need help just ask! one of these wonderful ALIPAC members will get back to you!! AND A BIG WELCOME!!
    "RED ALERT"
    We need a flood of 'No compromise" calls and e-mails into these Senate offices fast! Bush is bribing Republican TO PUSH S1348. Come on everyone time is crucial call all the senators not just your own.
    LETS ROLL!! you are the new patriots!

INSTRUCTIONS AND POSTING THREAD LINK BELOW!
    Leave posts so we know what they are saying!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=388532
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I'm sorry, but in this case, I hope the hotel chain loses. Oh, not because I think the illegals are right....far from it. But geez....the hotel knowingly hired these illegals (come on..they KNEW they were illegal), and then they paid them below a living wage. Now that these people are complaining (and I'm not condoning their complaining), the hotel figures they can just cry wolf. They can just say, "Hey..you're illegal. You're fired!"

Again, I don't think the illegals have a right to complain or make any demands, but the hotel (in this situation) pisses me off just as much.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Hotels in South Florida are notorious for hiring illegals. I couldn't believe when I saw an ad on TV by unions who were for the immigration bill. One of the questioons they asked was who would clean our hotel rooms and I thought you idiots, I had Russian friends who were here legally, that lost their jobs to illegals. If any of you know any Eastern Europeans you will know that they work hard.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    Hotels in South Florida are notorious for hiring illegals. I couldn't believe when I saw an ad on TV by unions who were for the immigration bill. One of the questioons they asked was who would clean our hotel rooms and I thought you idiots, I had Russian friends who were here legally, that lost their jobs to illegals. If any of you know any Eastern Europeans you will know that they work hard.
    And Americans are known as the hardest working people on the entire planet. That didn't stop us from being tossed overboard in favor of cheaper labor, who supposedly work harder than we do.

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    I'm sorry, but in this case, I hope the hotel chain loses. Oh, not because I think the illegals are right....far from it. But geez....the hotel knowingly hired these illegals (come on..they KNEW they were illegal), and then they paid them below a living wage. Now that these people are complaining (and I'm not condoning their complaining), the hotel figures they can just cry wolf. They can just say, "Hey..you're illegal. You're fired!"

Again, I don't think the illegals have a right to complain or make any demands, but the hotel (in this situation) pisses me off just as much.
    I agree...I hope this hotel chain who knew they were hiring illegals, and did so to pocket more profit, has to pay through the nose for this. Maybe that'll teach them how cheap it isn't to hire them, just like we know it isn't cheap. These companies all thought it was a fine, grand idea when it was us paying for it!! After the hotel gets done filing bankruptcy, I hope we ship the illegals home.

WOW....
    ONLY $112 a month. Would I love a policy like that. And
    I bet it includes a maternity clause.
    GEE, have to liive with your Dad, is that all?

Maybe we Americans just have not ever complained enough.
    Maybe it takes these whinning illegals to really push it so we
    who are legal finally say, wait a minute, I have been living like
    this for awhile.

And I am sick of these movie stars going around to other countries
    talking about how bad it is. They have not even looked around their
    own country. We are not as bad as some, but you know what , this
    country just can not take care of everybody.

MW
    Americangirl wrote:

Have you actually considered the possibility that what we are trying to accomplish is working? Perhaps the folks at Woodfin are sincerely concerned about having illegals working for them. True, they have been in the wrong, but I'm hopeful the increased ICE raids and outrage from the American public is taking it's tolls on businesses like Woodfin. After all, isn't that what we want to happen? It's getting to a point that I don't care how we get there, as long as we get there. Bottom-line, it's against the law for illegal aliens to be employed in the United States of America! In my mind, the dealings of the hotel and the illegal immigrant problem are two separate issues and should be treated as such. ICE should round up the illegals and the city can deal with Woodfin accordingly (like I said, two separate issues).

Seeing a fellow American citizen employer taken away in handcuffs can have a resounding effect on ones sense of well-being. I would think the knowledge that it could happen to you would serve as a serious motivator.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Americangirl wrote:

Have you actually considered the possibility that what we are trying to accomplish is working? Perhaps the folks at Woodfin are sincerely concerned about having illegals working for them. True, they have been in the wrong, but I'm hopeful the increased ICE raids and outrage from the American public is taking it's tolls on businesses like Woodfin. After all, isn't that what we want to happen? It's getting to a point that I don't care how we get there, as long as we get there. Bottom-line, it's against the law for illegal aliens to be employed in the United States of America! In my mind, the dealings of the hotel and the illegal immigrant problem are two separate issues and should be treated as such. ICE should round up the illegals and the city can deal with Woodfin accordingly (like I said, two separate issues).

Seeing a fellow American citizen employer taken away in handcuffs can have a resounding effect on ones sense of well-being. I would think the knowledge that it could happen to you would serve as a serious motivator.
    MW, I see what you mean about American companies who are finally "coming clean" and how what we are doing just might finally be working.

Your last sentence might have me confused, but the way I read that you're saying the thought of them getting carted away would motivate them to NOT hire illegals..but I gotta say, that hasn't worked so far. Maybe actually getting carted away is what is needed. They're always sorry after they're caught and it's their tail in the wringer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12