Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Worthless DHS stops employer sanctions

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3814023

Homeland Security suspends worker document checks

WASHINGTON The Department of Homeland Security temporarily won't sanction employers for hiring people who can't prove they're eligible to work in the U-S.
    The agency today announced the move because many Hurricane Katrina victims lost their proper documents -- or fled without them.

The suspension of those rules is for 45 days.

Immigration law requires employers to verify that applicants are U-S citizens, legal residents or have permission to work in the country.

The agency said government offices also were affected by the hurricane and won't be able to provide replacement documents immediately.

Employers still should fill out Eligibility Verification forms, known as I-9's.

Copyright 2005 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

================================================== ======

The federal government is using this hurricane disaster as an excuse not to enforce our immigration laws. I told you all this would happen and it's a disgrace, a damned disgrace.

CONTACT YOUR REP AND SENATOR NOW AND DEMAND THEY TAKE ACTION AND ENFORCE IMMIGRATION LAWS INCLUDING PUNISHING EMPLOYERS WHO HIRE INVADERS. TELL THEM TO STOP USING THE HURRICANE DISASTER AS AN EXCUSE NOT TO ENFORCE IMMIGRATION LAWS. THEY DID THIS CRAP AFTER 9-11, DON'T LET THEM DO IT AGAIN.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is ridiculous. Please tell me this isn't nation wide Hopefully it is only in the states effected by Katrina.

yeah it is National.

Press Releases

Notice Regarding I-9 Documentation Requirements for Hiring Hurricane Victims

For Immediate Release
    Office of the Press Secretary
    September 6, 2005

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced today that it will not sanction employers for hiring victims of Hurricane Katrina who, at this time, are unable to provide documentation normally required under Section 274A of the Immigration and Nationality Act. DHS will not bring sanction actions against employers for hiring individuals evacuated or displaced as a result of Hurricane Katrina otherwise eligible for employment but who currently lack personal documents.

U.S. employers are responsible for completing and retaining Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) Forms for individuals they hire for employment. This form requires employers to verify employment eligibility and establish identity through original documents presented by the employee. For victims of Hurricane Katrina, many individuals lack these documents as a result of being evacuated from their homes, loss or damage to personal items and records, and ongoing displacement in shelters and temporary housing. Additionally, as a result of the widespread damage and destruction to government facilities in the area affected by the hurricane it can be expected that many victims will be unable to apply and receive new documents in the period of time required by the employment verification rules.

Therefore, the Department of Homeland Security will refrain from initiating employer sanction enforcement actions for the next 45 days for civil violations, under Section 274A of the Immigration and Nationality Act, with regard to individuals who are currently unable to provide identity and eligibility documents as a result of the hurricane. Employers will still need to complete the Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) Form as much as possible but should note at this time that the documentation normally required is not available due to the events involving Hurricane Katrina. At the end of 45 days, the Department of Homeland Security will review this policy and make further recommendations.

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/display?content=4788
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

So Homeland Security is going to suspend employers sanctions for 45 days??? They've never enforced them anyway, so what's new!

Let's see now. Houston has a "day labor center", right? As do many cities. I'm sure the illegals won't mind sharing their tax funded space with the evacuees from New Orleans. What do you think?? When these displaced citizens realize they will be 2nd pick after illegals for jobs, they are NOT going to be happy campers.
    Want to make people angry? Lie to them.
    Want to make them absolutely livid? Tell 'em the truth."

http://towncriernews.blogspot.com/

I read this at lunch today. Makes me livid!

Quote Originally Posted by AuntB
    So Homeland Security is going to suspend employers sanctions for 45 days??? They've never enforced them anyway, so what's new!.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Clearly the Bush administration is using Katrina to push his open borders agenda!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DOES THIS MEAN ALL AMERICANS CAN NOW APPLY FOR JOBS WITHOUT A SS CARD?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)