Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecanus
    PinestrawGuys,

I'm a thinker, so I try to keep an open mind as to the possibilities and beliefs of others and also don't try to push my beliefs onto others. If someone believes in something then they have that right, by all means. If it makes them feel better at the end of the day then hey, have at it. What I stand for is respect for all peoples, plain and simple. I try to keep an open mind but at the same time try to decipher what feels right and wrong in my heart. The bible to me, is just plain fishy with all of it's contradictions, misquotes and many other distasteful texts. I prefer to use my own head and heart when it comes to right and wrong. Not base it on what some ancient book says that's been written and re-written by men with an "agenda".

Take care...
    I've bolded the part of your statement that I can identify with, wanting you to know that I 'ain't no dummy' either. As for your description of the Bible, that seems to be a common opinion of the secular humanist crowd. I don't begrudge your holding that opinion, but I often scratch my head and wonder where it comes from. I've read the Bible cover to cover a half dozen times, and find myself reading favorite chapters and passages often.

I can understand your feeling that there are contradictions, they usually come up between the Old and New Testaments. As for misquotes, I don't think I'd recognize one of those as I wasn't present when the words were originally spoken. I have no idea what 'distasteful texts' you're referring to, unless it's the part where Lot's daughters get him drunk and have sex with him in a cave.

Let's talk about it...

Just email me at:

ecanus08@yahoo.com

if you like and we'll go from there!

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    While I found the beginning of this movie to be a somewhat disconnected and baseless attack on Christianity, I did manage to view the rest of it and found it's expose of the 'Powers That Be' to be not only enlightening, but a confirmation of all that I've learned in the last 5 years I've been studying world history and politics.

As for the beginning of the film all I can say is this. I would rather live my life as if there is a God and find at it's end nothing, than to live my life as if God didn't exist and find at it's end JUDGMENT.
    I agree. This is a three part movie if I remember right. If you can get through the first part, the second and third parts are worth watching.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecanus
    GREGAGREATAMERICAN,

I'm not getting into a battle of semantics with you. I know what the name means and I know why you're asking about it. If you have something to say, come out and say it.

I said how I felt about the movie above, in Red (should have been all caps) I thought I made it clear enough. I was simply asking about why you use the screen name Ecanus and that is all. You must have read me wrong... If you would rather not say, its fine by me...
    Im sure you have a reason for not saying...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12