Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Quote Originally Posted by chloe24
    This is tough. I am 100% against illegal immigration and the intentional taking advantage of our system by illegals coming here to give birth.

However, how do you go after children who never had a choice about coming here? This will be a public relations NIGHTMARE. This is a LOSE/LOSE situation.
    I agree that attempting to make such a bill retroactive would be a senseless waste of time. Taking citizenship from folks whom have already been born here is not going to happen. However, we can and should bring a halt to the practice of bestowing citizenship upon children born of two illegal parents in the future.
    I disagree. It's either the law or it isn't, and these gray areas are what gets us into these dilemas in the first place.

And they do not have citizenship. They have a misinterpretation of the 14th Amendment.
    <div>
    </div>

I agree that attempting to make such a bill retroactive would be a senseless waste of time. Taking citizenship from folks whom have already been born here is not going to happen. However, we can and should bring a halt to the practice of bestowing citizenship upon children born of two illegal parents in the future.
    I don't think the AZ bill would be retroactive. Also the Supreme Court has already ruled minor citizens can be deported along with their foreign criminal parents. When they turn 18 they can return to the US on their own.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    I don't think the AZ bill would be retroactive. Also the Supreme Court has already ruled minor citizens can be deported along with their foreign criminal parents. When they turn 18 they can return to the US on their own.
    I have absolutely no problem deporting the dependent children of illegal aliens with their parents. I'm just saying that we'll never be able to take citizenship away from those who have already gotten it.

I don't like the fact that the children of illegals have been given citizenship in the past, but I'm intelligent enough to know we will never be able to go back and take it away.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by melena29
    Quote Originally Posted by chloe24
    This is tough. I am 100% against illegal immigration and the intentional taking advantage of our system by illegals coming here to give birth.

However, how do you go after children who never had a choice about coming here? This will be a public relations NIGHTMARE. This is a LOSE/LOSE situation.

I disagree. It's either the law or it isn't, and these gray areas are what gets us into these dilemas in the first place.

And they do not have citizenship. They have a misinterpretation of the 14th Amendment.
    What I've said is not in opposition to current law.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: AZ may go after anchor babies next...GO AZ

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofit
    The same guy who came up with the AZ law indicates he may go after anchor babies next....GO AZ!!

http://www.breitbart.tv/anchor-babies-c ... nt-5313061

3 CHEERS FOR ARIZONA!
    Give me liberty or give me death!

I have absolutely no problem deporting the dependent children of illegal aliens with their parents. I'm just saying that we'll never be able to take citizenship away from those who have already gotten it.

I don't like the fact that the children of illegals have been given citizenship in the past, but I'm intelligent enough to know we will never be able to go back and take it away.
    In theory we could take it away with a Constitutional Amendment, in practice it would be hard to get the 3/4 support needed.

The next best thing is make current anchor baby citizenship condition, for example at age 18 if they can pass the citizenship test and swear sole allegiance to the USA give them a US passport.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12