Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Do you support immigration reform?

This is from my Sunday newspaper, they had a Immigration Rally in Joliet yesterday. You can also read the article on this page, scroll all the way down towards the bottom on the right side Please Vote

POLL RESULTS ::

Yes
    14% 7 votes
    No
    85% 42 votes
    Total Votes: 49

http://tinyurl.com/5p2r9u
    No man is good enough to govern another man without that other’s consent.
    Abraham Lincoln

I SUPPORT DEPORTATION!!!

Thanks for the post and poll.

This is part of the Gutierrez Catholic Church Tour to improve the lot if illegal foreign nationals residing in this country.
    The press release said "evangelical" churches, so far, only Catholic Churches. I am appalled that the Catholic Churches sponsor political rallies and still maintain their tax exempt status.

March 22, 2009

By TONY GRAF tgraf@scn1.com
    JOLIET -- Hundreds of people packed the sanctuary of Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church on Saturday as marchers filed in from outside, calling for changes in immigration laws.

Clapping, loud cheers and music filled the church. Large American flags waved energetically. Then the sanctuary thundered with the words "Si, se puede" -- translated from Spanish, "Yes, you can do it."

Luz Maria Vera (left) and Patricia Hernandez, both of Joliet, cheer during a United Families tour rally by the Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights on Saturday night at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church in Joliet.

Organizers of the event -- part of the United Families tour -- are advocating an end to deportations based on immigration status.

During one of the marches leading to Mount Carmel, the Rev. Keith Forni told The Herald News about the night's goal.

"I feel, as do so many, that our current immigration system is broken and needs attention and repair, so that our high value is on unification of families," said Forni, who is pastor of First and Santa Cruz Lutheran churches, an urban parish in the Joliet City Center.

Forni elaborated on that goal regarding families: "Not allowing them to be divided, and working together in legal means to expedite their unification, if and when it happens that they become separated due to current immigration policies."

Forni said his goal is to keep families united, to the extent possible by the law, and with adjustments to the current system as needed.

The large crowd at Mount Carmel waved signs, both in English and Spanish, proclaiming "Families United."

U.S. Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Chicago, has called on President Obama to push for changes in immigration laws and to end deportation raids on workplaces.

Gutierrez attended Saturday's rally in Joliet and was greeted with especially loud and sustained cheers from the audience.
    Cristobal Cavazos, spokesman for Comite Solidaridad DuPage, marched with Forni's group to Mount Carmel.

"In our own group, we've seen many deportations, and they're devastating," Cavazos said. "We see families split apart. You see mothers who are left -- without the breadwinner of their families -- with young kids. You see children who are just floating around. It's been terrible."

Comite Solidaridad DuPage, based in Glendale Heights, organizes, educates and unites the community about immigrant worker rights, Cavazos said.

Forni led a group of more than 20 people from his parish on Benton Street to Mount Carmel on East Jackson Street.

"For us, it's a consistent priority to work with the people whom we believe God has sent us to serve here in the City Center of Joliet and the near East and West sides," Forni said.

"We're blessed to be located in a church that was founded by immigrants 138 years ago -- by German immigrants -- and find it consistent to keep the priority on reaching out to immigrant persons, in this case Hispanic Latinos in the 21st century," he said.

Gutierrez said in a statement: "As a nation, as citizens, we cannot wait any longer for fair and just immigration reform."

The group was led by marchers bearing a sign with the word "Peace" in several languages.

After a prayer, Forni began the march with the words "Adelante en Paz" -- "Let us go forth in peace."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes
    18% 14 votes
    No
    81% 61 votes

Total Votes: 75

To clarify my position, I support reform only if it means a freeze on visas and stricter enforcement of deportations and laws against employers that insist on hiring illegal aliens to increase their profits at America's expense!!! I would also repeal the 1986 amnesty that has proven to be a burden rather than a good decision and would support a roleback to pre-Ted Kennedy's 1965 overhaul of our immigration laws that started the train wreck in the first place.
    Never give up! Never surrender! Never compromise your values!*
    __________________________________________________ __

NO MORE ROTHSCHILD STOOGES IN PUBLIC OFFICE!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes
    18% 14 votes
    No
    81% 62 votes

Total Votes: 76

I am surprised they condemn anyone on anything when they have a very bad habit of getting caught with sexual abuse of ____ ____
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

ELE

Enforce the one's we have and stop all Achor's,period.

Yes
    18% 14 votes
    No
    81% 63 votes

Total Votes: 77
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I voted NO! and NO is still ahead!

crazybird really opened fire on them in the comments section
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Yes Crazybird did rip them a new one. But then, I have always thought that Crazybird was very eloquent.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast