Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

No 83%
    SÃ* 11%
    Yo no sé 6%
    Total Votes: 10,051
    Travis and Crockett, are flopping in their graves

If I understand correctly, this is a Mexican holiday which is celebrated because of Mexico's independence from France. How could this be an American holiday? Also, I read that we seem to give it more importance here, that they even do in Mexico!

I think the only reason why it's celebrated here is to drum up business for the bar and restaurant industries!

That gives me an idea. Someday all fifty states may very well have Arizona style illegal immigration enforcement. And I think we should have a new national American holiday to mark OUR FREEDOM FROM MEXICO. We could have the holiday on May 5th! Now we just need a name for it.
    I LOVE IT!!! GREAT IDEA!!!
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    That gives me an idea. Someday all fifty states may very well have Arizona style illegal immigration enforcement. And I think we should have a new national American holiday to mark OUR FREEDOM FROM MEXICO. We could have the holiday on May 5th! Now we just need a name for it.
    We pretty much have one, it's called Texas Independence Day. The day Texas and the USA freed itself of Mexican rule by winning a war. It is March 2nd, yet you hear nothing about it.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123