Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is restricting # of people in home good idea?

Is restricting the number of people living in your home a good idea?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes 74.86% 393
    No. 25.14% 132

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/met ... 5_web.html

Yes 74.95% 395
    No. 25.05% 132

I'm sorry.....but weren't these sort of descriptions already law? If not....then it seems like I've spent most of my life abiding by non-existant laws.......

Not only laws I thought I was abiding by.....but laws I was checked for abiding....laws other people are being fined for....evicted for....

I mean it's not like we all woke from some slumber and we all have the same memories of what was right and wrong. Why are they acting like this is something NEW?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

maybe we need to redefine 'single' family dewelling. our law makers seem to not understand long difficult words like 'illegal'?

I just know one supposid law was if you were a single mother....you could have a studio apartment with one male child till the child reached the age of 6 and then by law he had to have his own room. If you were a single mother with a male and female child....it had to be a 2 bedroom. According to size.....you could bunk 2-4 females in one room and 2-4 males in another. That was MAX. Not adults with children unless they were the PARENT.....22 adults in a 2 bedroom? No way.

They have tons of retirement villages who won't allow people under a certain age to live there beyond a certain period of time. So that means....grandma can't take her son and daughter-n-law and their 2 kids.......even if they have 3 bedroom.

My parents had a 3 bedroom and they couldn't "take in" another family for any longer than 6 mos. and they OWNED their home! Not to mention "structures" built in the yard......I mean in Florida...where I lived....you couldn't put your tent up in the yard for more than so many weeks.....build a play house without all the proper permits and all.....no shed......then all of a sudden....you had tent and shantie villages and no one said a word. Extension cords....whatever...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes 75.28% 402
    No. 24.72% 132

Re: Is restricting # of people in home good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by NCByrd

Yes 74.86% 393
    No. 25.14% 132

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/met ... 5_web.html
    Yes, we have had housing laws in Texas, But it seems that no one is enforcing them anymore. Only one family should be able to live in each household, not multiple..If these people lived according to our laws, the way we all have done. It seems to me that the people who abide by the laws of our own land, are the ones getting screwed.... This is just wrong.

This should be a no brainer for most. Too many people in one house is A) a fire hazard B) a health hazard C) can cause septic tank overflow if you don't have sewers and the list goes on.
    The only people who would not agree would be "people" that live in these third world conditions

I'm sorry I'm posting on this subject so much.....but I know for myself and for so many people I know.....those LAWS have kept people from getting help from their family members or keeping people from finding "housing" solutions to meet their budgets. I can't tell you how many people who through divorce or whatever couldn't LEGALLY place a strain on their family without risking having their family thrown into the streets. Angers the heck out of me that NOW they turn around and say we don't support "family". Like if there wasn't an alternative poor people wouldn't take it. I mean seriously.......as a citizen....if I have anyone living in my house....in which there are children....I am facing JAIL time and NEGLECT and CHILD ABUSE charges for "allowing" that person in my house. Drunk driving, sexual abuse, whatever...These people aren't. If my mom fell in my house...I could be charged with NEGLECT because there wasn't the right support bars in my bathroom...But they have kids bunking with CONVICTED child molesters and RAPISTS and nothing is done.

I had a friend who was from Mexico....they had a huge family and all shared the same bed. .....His parents had sex in front of them....if I did that???? oh God....just think of the charges against me....!!!!

what makes me mad is our government only enforces the law on US citizens. to me that is racist and discriminatory toward citizens.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast