Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Yes 76.42% 444
    No. 23.58% 137
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

yes 76% 445
    no 23% 137
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes 76.54% 447

No 23.46% 137
    <div align="center">" Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore "
    </div>

I think that certainly ILLEGALS should be barred from even LIVING here, let alone in a house with 30 people!! If they are legal immigrants, they should be treated the same as citizens, and those laws should be enforced.

As far as I know, those laws are in most states - only a certain number of people per sq. foot. But, of course, the illegals get away with trashing the neighborhoods!

When I moved to Boston back in 1979 with a friend, we had to have a two-bedroom apartment because we were 2 unrelated females. So, I suppose if we were sisters, we'd be able to share a bedroom? They only do that to get more money, saying we cannot rent a one-bedroom. And, around here, that's a lot more money.

And, then they let 30 people crowd into a 2-bedroom house? Of course, they're ALL related.

There are usually already laws on the books that could be used to cover this. There are laws against noise, trash, # of parked cars, simple traffic laws, etc., etc. These are pretty common all over and could be used to address this.

Why do cities insist on passing more laws they have to know will be taken to court and be very costly and take time. Time and money are two things cities don't have. Why not use what is available to you - that could whittle the problem down size.

As I said, remember whatever laws these people pass can, and will, be used at some time in the future against an American family that has had to 'tighten up' to survive. These people may be causing no problem, no traffic, no noise, no excess cars - they will just not be complying with the law.

I think tough times are ahead of us - I would hate to think my city had a law saying that I could not offer shelter to my grown children should it become necessary - or that they could not come live with me to help me.

These laws seem more like show and tell than actual solutions, or who knows, they may be by design.

So suppose we have that depression, lots of your family members are out of a job - yet this law that sounds so good could keep you from helping them. They can then be herded into some kind of 'government housing'.

Be careful what you wish for ---
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    How could anyone say no?! I have seen too many neighborhoods destroyed by overcrowded houses. They turn trashy real quick. And front lawns turn into parking lots.

Is restricting the number of people living in your home a good idea?

Yes 75.82% 414

No. 24.18% 132
    I can say no and not feel bad about it. I agree with nntrixie. The law on house occupancy should be slanted towards illegal occupying the property. Otherwise I expect the govt. to stay out of my business.
    [i]“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.â€

Count me in the NO column too. I agree with nntrixie and InsaneAsylum. I don't want the government telling who I can have living in my home, but I don't think there's any circumstance where I'd have 30 people in a 2 bedroom house either!

Yes 77.09% 471
    No. 22.91% 140

Is restricting the number of people living in your home a good idea?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes 77.12% 472
    No. 22.88% 140

It is amazing to find out the different housing laws in other states and the state of siege of the illegal aliens and how lives have been affected. This is one of the many things that I am thankful for the ALIPAC site informing me about.
    It gives me plenty of ammunition to fight the good fight and relay the stories of people in other States.

nntrixie said:

As I said, remember whatever laws these people pass can, and will, be used at some time in the future against an American family that has had to 'tighten up' to survive. These people may be causing no problem, no traffic, no noise, no excess cars - they will just not be complying with the law.

I think tough times are ahead of us - I would hate to think my city had a law saying that I could not offer shelter to my grown children should it become necessary - or that they could not come live with me to help me.

These laws seem more like show and tell than actual solutions, or who knows, they may be by design.

So suppose we have that depression, lots of your family members are out of a job - yet this law that sounds so good could keep you from helping them. They can then be herded into some kind of 'government housing'.

Be careful what you wish for ---
    This has really made me stop and think and I couldn't agree with her more.

Darlene It's just that I have seen laws that seem so well-meaning used in ways we never thought they would be.

Truly, I don't think we need one single new law in this country to solve most of this problem.

Are cities really trying to do something?

Are they just doing show and tell to pretend they are doing what the people want? They don't want to do the tough job of really enforcing the law - so they vote in something they know probably won't stand up.

Are some of them actually doing the work of those who want to make us all subjects - rather than citizens - willingly?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast