Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I have to change mine back from independent because I did not want one politican to win. I just think that it is awful that we need to keep moving things around to vote. We should be able to vote for anyone. Who made this stupid law anyway? No one has the right to make you vote for one party because your card says so.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Paige, You don't have to vote for the party you are registered with. You can vote for any candidate on the ballot. Howerver, some states require you to be registered with the party in order to vote in the primary. The primary election actually PICKS the candidate for the party-- not that it is entirely done by popular vote. They have a caucus and the people on the caucus get to vote for the candidates. If Tom Tancredo gets close enough to the top of the heap, I want to be in that caucus and cast my vote for him. Otherwise, I'll remain as an independent voter because I owe no allegiance whatsoever to either the Democrat or the Republican party since I think that almost all of them are nothing but pond scum set out to destroy this country from within. In my opnion, Tom Tancredo is one of VERY few who deserves to stand anywhere near an American flag when he speaks. the rest have proven over and over again that they aren't Americans any more than Fidel Castro is an American and they couldn't care less what Americans want.

If you read Tom's page on the issues, you will see that it is well thought out and that he doesn't tap dance around.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    Paige, You don't have to vote for the party you are registered with. You can vote for any candidate on the ballot. Howerver, some states require you to be registered with the party in order to vote in the primary. The primary election actually PICKS the candidate for the party-- not that it is entirely done by popular vote. They have a caucus and the people on the caucus get to vote for the candidates.
    Whether or not you have to be registered with the party in order to vote in the primary depends on what the political parties in each state have chosen to do. This website tells whether or not you have to be a party member to vote in your state's primary.
    http://www.primarilypaul.com/ron-paul-in-the-primaries/
    It is NOT the same for every state. I am in NC registered as "unaffiliated" and I know I have voted in primaries. I can't remember for sure though if it was the democratic or republican primary. In the past in NC, the dems would let independent and unaffiliated voters vote in their primaries, but the reps would not. However, I think that has changed over the last 8 years or so to line up with what the dems do, but I am not totally sure.

It is VERY IMPORTANT for us to be registered properly in order to vote in the primaries and make a difference!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is VERY IMPORTANT for us to be registered properly in order to vote in the primaries and make a difference!!
    In TX, you can vote in one primary or the other. Not both. And I believe you must be registered with that party in order to do so. By the time the next election time arrives, I should be living and registered to vote in NC so I'm grateful for your input on how NC election laws work. I have voted in NC in the past for many years but I never had a need for the information because it was never important to me until the Republicans and Democrats got on the same rung of the ladder in terms of being corrupt.

But how do you know if you are registered "properly" or not?

I have a feeling that none of the people anyone here wants to vote for are going to be allowed even in the primaries. I think the Republicans will do all they can to keep the people we need the most from participating when it all comes down to the wire. They have done it before, and so have the Democrats to their own people.

So, when that happens, we are going to need to help our candidates get on the ballot as a write in or an indedendent in every single state in the union in order to vote for them.

If I get a chance to vote for Tom Tancredo, I will do so. Other than that, there is not one Republican whose name's being bandied about that I would even consider and I've never voted for a Democrat for President in my entire life.[/b]

Junius, you are correct that you can only vote in one party's primary. If you want to vote for Tancredo, I'm pretty sure you need to be registered as either "unaffiliated" or as "Republican." Independent might be okay too, but I am not sure on that one.

I have emailed the NC state GOP office asking about this. I'll let everyone know what I find out.

It is a pain in the rear. You have to keep re-registering. I was listed as independent and had to change to be able to try and keep out a congressman in the primaries.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Quote Originally Posted by imblest
    I don't like the impplication that none of these candidates could be the PRESIDENTIAL candidate. If one of these guys does NOT win the presidency, we are done as a nation.
    Fred Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by slyhunter
    Quote Originally Posted by imblest
    I don't like the implication that none of these candidates could be the PRESIDENTIAL candidate. If one of these guys does NOT win the presidency, we are done as a nation.
    Fred Thompson.
    CFR!!

I don't like the impplication that none of these candidates could be the PRESIDENTIAL candidate. If one of these guys does NOT win the presidency, we are done as a nation.
    I'd say that is just about right. If some miracle doesn't occurr and we can't vote for a human president next time around, we are really on the way out as a nation. While I tend to believe after the last two fiascos that perhaps there is some validity to the idea that the polls are fixed long before anyone even runs, there are moments when I still have hope that maybe that isn't the case. If they would do the right thing and ditch that electoral college and let the people decide, I'd feel a lot more confident. If 90% of the eligible voters would get off their duffs and go vote instead of just 50%, I'd feel a lot better, too. And maybe this time that will happen. Tonight I have hope. Tomorrow, someone else will jump ship or step on their own weenie and I'll lose hope again but tonight I have hope.

I'm voting for Ron Paul also. He has won numerous straw polls, and the fact that he is blacklisted by the corporate, amnesty loving media tells me one thing................ he is our man !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12