Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    so, if all illegal aliens get deported, is it likely that the wages go up ?
    Absolutely, less total workers equals more competition for those workers. You've seen wages flat and dropping for the last 15 years because the market is flooded with illegal labor. And it's not just landscapers and carpenters. H1B and L1 visa overstays are killing the IT industry, dropping wages from $60/hour to $35/hour in the last 7-10 years.

Have you called a customer service number lately? If so, you had a better than 50-50 chance of talking to someone in Bangalore instead of Baltimore. It's hard to get a good job when Corporate Globalists move them halfway around the world.

I've already left the Republican Party over this issue. I believe there is no other issue as important to the future of our country. I didn't vote for Bush in the last election, because of his support for illegal aliens and I will vote against all Republicans in November. They've had 6 years of total control of the government and our borders still aren't secure and our laws are still being ignored.

REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

I've already left the Democratic party. There are a few good Republicans on this issue and if they run (such as Tom Tancredo) I will vote this way. Otherwise, I now consider myself an Independent and if there are not any good candidates to oppose the illegal invasion in upcoming elections, I will just not vote and out of disgust.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    so, if all illegal aliens get deported, is it likely that the wages go up ?
    Absolutely, less total workers equals more competition for those workers. You've seen wages flat and dropping for the last 15 years because the market is flooded with illegal labor. And it's not just landscapers and carpenters. H1B and L1 visa overstays are killing the IT industry, dropping wages from $60/hour to $35/hour in the last 7-10 years.

Have you called a customer service number lately? If so, you had a better than 50-50 chance of talking to someone in Bangalore instead of Baltimore. It's hard to get a good job when Corporate Globalists move them halfway around the world.
    Dear Pinestraw,

I apologize for giving you an answer this late, but I work so much that I don't have to much time left to use the internet. Less total workers equals more ocmpetition for those workers ? This is not true, them ore workers, the more competition there will be among those workers. Supply and demand, more workers, less jobs - > more competition among those workers and they will work for a lower wage. Without the H1B and L1 visas it's very hard to ever move to the US. It took me up to 18 years. I did vocational school - > university - > applied for H1B -> Green Card and finally US citizen. If the H1B visa was not in place, i would not have become a US citizen ever, so I'm not against the H1B visa as that visa gave me the opportunity to get permanent residence to the US, however, we can agree that the number of H1B visas issues every single year is too high.

however, we can agree that the number of H1B visas issues every single year is too high.
    especially in light of the number of immigrants here illegally. Once they are out of here maybe they could consider raising the number but we don't know what the situation is at all with anyone as long as there are on upwards of 20 million illegals here and an additonal 5,000 or more coming each day!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    however, we can agree that the number of H1B visas issues every single year is too high.
    especially in light of the number of immigrants here illegally. Once they are out of here maybe they could consider raising the number but we don't know what the situation is at all with anyone as long as there are on upwards of 20 million illegals here and an additonal 5,000 or more coming each day!
    The H1B visas are limited to 65,000 annually and those visas are merely for people that have graduated from university with at least a Masters Degree. I don't see any illegal having a Masters Degree.

I heard on the radio today that a recent poll shows that if a candidate built his third party platform on border security he could win the presidency. Don't know if this is true or not. I'd vote for him or her.

I am registered as an Independent so I guess at this point I would not leave "my party" over amnesty but I WILL NOT vote for a candidate who will grant amnesty, not secure our borders and does not confront illegal immigration head-on.

The H1B visas are limited to 65,000 annually and those visas are merely for people that have graduated from university with at least a Masters Degree. I don't see any illegal having a Masters Degree.
    In light of the fact that these illegals are so adept at making forged papers, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to learn that many of the visa holders have fake diplomas.

My point was not that the people with the H1B visas shouldn't be here-- it was that the number of visas for ANY group shouldn't be increased until we figure out what to do with the illegals. I don't care what visa they are here on, we don't need any more until we get rid of the 20 million illegal aliens we already have wandering around.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    In light of the fact that these illegals are so adept at making forged papers, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to learn that many of the visa holders have fake diplomas.

My point was not that the people with the H1B visas shouldn't be here-- it was that the number of visas for ANY group shouldn't be increased until we figure out what to do with the illegals. I don't care what visa they are here on, we don't need any more until we get rid of the 20 million illegal aliens we already have wandering around.
    Ok, that they can fake diplomas is another issue, however, if they can't speak english - we know that they faked the diploma. I agree that we shouldn't increase the number of visas before we get rid of those 11 million illegal alliens, however, I still believe that we should't decrease the number of issued visas either. Legal immigration made America great and we should continue to do so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast