Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    I think it was one great big publicity stunt. CrocketsGhost; you are pretty close on that one. If it is like most police departments they have a media relations department and you as an officer you can't say much but refer them to media relations. The media do listen to scanners and once they get something they notify media relations. Media relations gets information from the officers on the scene and at that point decide what information the media gets. Unless the mayor decides to speak to the media. I think they just made fools of themselves.

I know the county's policy here is that if any suspicious package is found and the police officer also deems it suspicious then the bomb sqaud is called in and the item gets xrayed. The media is only told that there is a suspicious item and nothing else until the item is xrayed and a decision is made if they are going to blow it up or if it is harmless. There is no real hype about it unless it is at the airport or Port of Miami.
    We once had an entire studio at CBS shut down for a couple of hours over a "suspicious package" that turned out to be a box of cookies. Don't ask me how anyone got the idea that a box of cookies might be a bomb!

Isn't it amazing how many people have no common sense? A box of cookies a bomb what next?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    Isn't it amazing how many people have no common sense? A box of cookies a bomb what next?
    It's Barney Fife syndrome. If only the supervisiors had the sense that Andy Taylor had and gave these dimwits only one bullet that they had to keep in their shirt pockets...

Well I do know one thing TBC is reimbursing the city of Boston for the expenses incurred for this fiasco. They are required to get a permit to place any advertising anywhere in the city and they did not do that. With regards to the over reaction to these idiotic advertising devices. Prudence is necessary in these times and yes they did over react to these devices while they leave the door wide open in critical areas for terrorists but that seems to be the same all over the country.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lsmith1338
    Well I do know one thing TBC is reimbursing the city of Boston for the expenses incurred for this fiasco. They are required to get a permit to place any advertising anywhere in the city and they did not do that. With regards to the over reaction to these idiotic advertising devices. Prudence is necessary in these times and yes they did over react to these devices while they leave the door wide open in critical areas for terrorists but that seems to be the same all over the country.
    I have no problem with TBC being cited for placing ads without a permit. My problem was with the guys who were simply hired to do the job facing criminal charges.

I pretty much side with crocket on this. Healthy suspicion is one thing but common sense has got to play a part or else we are creating our own prison. I think this is also another reason why a United America for Americans is important. When you can trust your own neighbors and countrymen WE look out for each other. Hard for that to happen with the mess we currently have. So the answer then is to curtail everyones liberty in the name of "fairness" even if you are a law abiding citizen. We are indeed in unique times and extra caution is called for but this "never ending war on terror" can not also be our never ending loss of liberties.

Prudence is necessary in these times and yes they did over react to these devices while they leave the door wide open in critical areas for terrorists but that seems to be the same all over the country.
    Some folks would call this part of the dialectic.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

I
    have no problem with TBC being cited for placing ads without a permit. My problem was with the guys who were simply hired to do the job facing criminal charges.
    I agree with that. It is Turner's problem.

I agree with you on that Crocket, let TBS reimburse the city for not getting the permits and let the guys go as they did not make any of those decisions they were just doing a job they were getting paid to do.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The 2 guys must have been give the okay to proceed by some higher up. This higher up approved it and that person should be charged. As usual the small guys are the ones in trouble and the bigger fish walks.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would think that Turner has enough pull and money to help these guys out. Wouldn't you think?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast