I find it interesting tha Pilgrim's Pride also owns the poultry division of CONAGRA. There has been outbreak of TB in northern Alabame in the past few weeks, Wayne's Farms in Decatur and Pilgrim's Pride in Russellville. The State of Alabama health department is providing the testing.

The cost of the treatment is the responsibily of the person infected with this airborne bacteria, unless they are covered by insurance or are entitled to FREE healthcare.

If Pilgrim's Pride, through their hiring practices has endangered the community at large, should they be responsible for the medical bills of innocent citizens that have become infected?

I am still snooping around about this company. I am interested to know if the communities that have their plants located in them have had positive TB cases. Also, are they a US based company or foreign owned. Anyone know??

http://www.alacrastore.com/storecontent/spcred/594067

Summary: Pilgrim's Pride Corp.
Price: $175.00
Publication Date: Aug 01, 2007
Report Type: Summary
Issuer: Pilgrim's Pride Corp.
Ticker: PPC
Excerpt: The ratings on Pilgrim's Pride reflect the company's highly leveraged financial profile following its debt-financed acquisition of Gold Kist Inc. Also, the ratings are affected by the inherent volatility of the commodity-based U.S. chicken industry, and by several factors beyond the company's control, including weather, protein supply, commodity costs, and disease. A partially mitigating factor is that Pilgrim's Pride is now the largest player in the U.S. poultry industry based on production volume, achieving further critical mass with this acquisition and establishing greater geographic breath of its operations and distribution system. In addition, this management team has successfully integrated other acquisitions, including the fiscal #### purchase of ConAgra Foods Inc.'s poultry operations. We expect that Pilgrim's Pride will realize some
GICS: Packaged Foods & Meats
Sector: Global Issuers, Financial Institutions, Corporations, Consumer Products
Region: United States
Word Count: 1184
Format: HTML