Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ANGELS: ROOKIE PITCHER ADENHART KILLED IN HIT-AND-RUN CRASH

ANGELS: Rookie pitcher Adenhart killed in hit-and-run crash

By GILLIAN FLACCUS - Associated Press
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 9:33 AM PDT

ANAHEIM -- Los Angeles Angels rookie pitcher Nick Adenhart died Thursday in a hit-and-run car crash after a game, a hospital official said.

Adenhar, 22, died after undergoing surgery, UC Irvine Medical Center spokesman John Murray said.

Adenhart was one of three people killed in the crash early Thursday after pitching in a loss against the Oakland Athletics.

The driver of a minivan ran a red light in Fullerton and hit two cars, including one carrying Adenhart.

Police Lt. Craig Brower said the minivan driver fled the crash scene and was captured a short time later. The driver was arrested and booked for investigation of felony hit-and-run.

A fourth person was in critical condition.

Adenhart was the Angels' No. 3 starter, making his season debut Wednesday night. The right-hander earned a spot in the starting rotation on an injury-plagued Angels staff by impressing manager Mike Scioscia late in spring training.

He was born in Silver Springs, Md.

Re: ANGELS: Rookie pitcher Adenhart killed in hit-and-run cr

I'm waiting but, 10 to 1 its' an illegal again.
    If so it will be another reason to get them out of America!
    I will wait until someone discovers it and it won't be the media!
    They are in the Obama illegal-loving tank...
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

worriedamerican that's what I want to know! I want them to tell us if the person is an illegal criminal. The poor angel in Tracy, ca they found dead in ditch by field workers, I bet was illegal and already back in Mexico untill the coast is clear to come back. I could be wrong but do think so.

Police Lt. Craig Brower said the minivan driver fled the crash scene and was captured a short time later. The driver was arrested and booked for investigation of felony hit-and-run.
    Why are they not releasing the name of this hit and run driver? If he has been booked then they apparently know who he is. What's going on?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AE

I saw this on the morning news and have to be honest, wondered the same thing. It has seemed that a good amount of the hit and runs, especially down there, have been by illegal aliens.

As well, I wondered about being drunk, maybe already having had a record...
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

i figure it's 50 /50

r/ Skip

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Angels pitcher Adenhart dead in crash that killed 3

Team confirms that player was among dead in early-morning crash.
    By ERIC CARPENTER AND EUGENE W. FIELDS

THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
    Comments 117| Recommend 46

Angel rookie pitcher Nick Adenhart was among three people killed early this morning when police say a minivan ran a red light at a Fullerton intersection causing a three-vehicle crash.

A representative for the team confirmed that Adenhardt was killed but couldn’t confirm whether any other members of the Angel organization were involved.

Hours before the crash, Adenhart, 22, pitched six shutout innings with five strikeouts in a 6-4 loss to the Oakland A's.

The wreck occurred at East Orangethorpe Avenue and South Lemon Street just after midnight, said Fullerton police Lt. Craig Brower. Two of the vehicles – one traveling on Lemon, the other on Orangethorpe – crashed at the intersection.

Police said the red minivan appeared to have run a red light, crashing into the vehicle Adenhart was in, a gray Mitsubishi, which slammed into a light pole.

Two of the occupants in the Mitsubishi were declared dead at the scene. Their identities were not immediately released. Adenhart was taken to UCI Medical Center in Orange and died just after 6 a.m. in surgery, said John Murray, spokesman for UCI.

The fourth occupant also is at UC Irvine Medical Center in critical condition, Brower said.

The driver of the minivan fled the crash scene and was later captured by Anaheim police officers, Fullerton officer Laura Markoski said. The driver, Andrew Thomas Gallo, 22, of Riverside, was taken to UCI Medical Center and arrested on suspicion of felony hit-and-run.
    The van’s passenger, Raymond Alexander Rivera, 21, of Corona, was taken to Western Medical Center-Anaheim with minor injuries.

A third vehicle, which was stopped in the intersection, was also struck in the accident but sustained only minor damage, and its driver was not hurt, Brower said.

Authorities said they’ve not yet determined whether alcohol was a factor in the crash.
    Workers from the coroner's office finished removing the bodies from the scene around 9:15 a.m. The intersection is expected to be closed until noon.

Word about Adenhart's involvement spread quickly this morning and is the talk of sports radio as fans call in expressing their condolences.

Angel fans also began to gather outside the stadium this morning.

Larry DeCrona, 61, season-ticket holder from Tustin, arrived at Angel Stadium early this morning with a bible to pray for the team.

"I was really impressed with (Adenhart’s) game last night," DeCrona said. "I thought this kid could have been a 20-game winner. I guess he's in a better place now."

Angels Vice President Tim Mead said: "We're having a hard time getting our heads around this." He declined further immediate comment.

The Angels were planning a press conference for later this morning.
    Register staff writers Janis Carr and Adam Townsend contributed to this report.

On the TV news here locally, they said that the passenger in the mini van was also hurt and in the hospital but was also being held. I thought why would they hold a passenger in the mini van? Then I thought probably because they are both illegal aliens. I think there is a 60 to 75 % chance that the mini van was being driven by illegals. Also they said that they were investingating the involvement of alcohol in the incident. Again in South CA illegals driving drunk is a common occurance.

This is such a sad story.
    and he just pitched last nite which makes it even more crazy.

my thoughts and prayers go out to the LA angels family and fans.
    my thoughts and prayers go out to Nick Adelhart's family.

May he rest in peace

Keep us posted on this one. Terrible tragedy.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast