Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr
    I JUST read this on Drudge. This is absolutely horrendous!! Killing unborn children is bad enough, now this guy delivers and KILLS it? I am FUMING

I take the side of the Christians on this one. Abortion is murder.
    This isn't the first time this has happened either. It happens all the time with PBA. But as cayla99 alluded to above they get around it with their "one breath and the baby is reclassified as human" definition. With PBA they prevent that first breath by piercing the baby's skull and evacuating the brain matter before the baby's head leaves the mother's body:

The Pain of Partial-Birth Abortion

During the first year after the Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act was introduced in mid-1995, many opponents of the bill, such as NARAL's Kate Michelman and syndicated columnist Ellen Goodman, insisted that anesthesia given to the mother painlessly kills the babies before they are pulled feet-first from the womb and stabbed through the back of the skull. But in congressional testimony in 1996 -- virtually ignored by the news media -- this myth was emphatically refuted by the heads of the two major professional societies of anesthesiologists. Other experts testified that the babies are alive and fully capable of experiencing great pain during a partial-birth abortion. To learn more about the pain that partial-birth abortion inflicts on pre-mature human babies, and about the "anesthesia myth," click here.
    http://www.nrlc.org/abortion/pba/

Partial-Birth Abortion

These color illustrations of a partial-birth abortion were prepared on the basis of an instructional paper by an Ohio abortionist, explaining step by step how he performs the procedure. These drawings accurately depict a partial-birth abortion being performed on a baby at 24 weeks gestational age. Most partial-birth abortions are performed in the 20-26 week range (the fifth and sixth months), and some are performed even later. Artwork by Tanja Butler. Letters from medical authorities affirming the accuracy of these drawings are posted below.
    http://www.nrlc.org/abortion/pba/PBA_Im ... _Place.htm

This practice is most cruel and Obama wants to mandate that health professionals not be allowed to refuse to participate in this. Well, I can tell you I for one will refuse to participate if it ever comes down to that. VERY LOUDLY!

working4change
    Please join in at the link below. Call your senators.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-145317.html

Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    That is so horrible. That doctor should be arrested and tried for murder and that clinic should be shut down permanently. What is wrong with people these days?
    Thats what I am trying to figure out.
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

Quote Originally Posted by cvangel
    The heck with their "one breath" definition! A fetus is considered viable at 20 weeks gestation. Meaning it could survive independent of the mother. I don't support abortion anyway. But to perform one beyond the viability date is flat out murder in my mind. Remember Obama supports partial birth abortion in the Freedom of Choice Act.
    I registered with this forum for the sole purpose of pointing out that the Freedom of Choice Act doesn't exist. At all. It has been proposed in the past, but a new version hasn't even been written, let alone brought before Congress.

Don't take my word for it - read on:
    Catholics Protest Nonexistent Abortion Bill
    House passes non-binding resolution opposing non-existent federal legislation
    snopes.com: Freedom of Choice Act

Et cetera.

What a horrible event.

We are shocked by the baby being discarded but people that work in abortion clinics do this all day long so they are emotionally detatched. A fetus is not a life to them. Putting that baby in the trash was just another day at the office to them. In truth, abortions are induced early delivery and the baby can not survive so it dies. Very sad.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Welcome, FreePlay. And if true that the act doesn't exist yet, it is because Congress has been a bit busy stuffing as much pork into the stimulus package, taking vacations and junkets at taxpayer expense, figuring out how they can get re-elected, give themselves raises and screwing the American people. Busy, busy.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by FreePlay
    Quote Originally Posted by cvangel
    The heck with their "one breath" definition! A fetus is considered viable at 20 weeks gestation. Meaning it could survive independent of the mother. I don't support abortion anyway. But to perform one beyond the viability date is flat out murder in my mind. Remember Obama supports partial birth abortion in the Freedom of Choice Act.
    I registered with this forum for the sole purpose of pointing out that the Freedom of Choice Act doesn't exist. At all. It has been proposed in the past, but a new version hasn't even been written, let alone brought before Congress.

Don't take my word for it - read on:
    Catholics Protest Nonexistent Abortion Bill
    snopes.com: Freedom of Choice Act

Et cetera.
    Welcome to ALIPAC FreePlay. I'll have to counter you will Obama's own words: Obama said; "The first thing I'd do, as president, is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. That's the first thing that I'd do."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf0XIRZSTt8

Obama Statement on 35th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade Decision
    Chicago, IL | January 22, 2008

Chicago, IL -- Senator Barack Obama today released the following statement on the 35th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade decision.

"Thirty-five years after the Supreme Court decided Roe v. Wade, it's never been more important to protect a woman's right to choose. Last year, the Supreme Court decided by a vote of 5-4 to uphold the Federal Abortion Ban, and in doing so undermined an important principle of Roe v. Wade: that we must always protect women's health. With one more vacancy on the Supreme Court, we could be looking at a majority hostile to a women's fundamental right to choose for the first time since Roe v. Wade. The next president may be asked to nominate that Supreme Court justice. That is what is at stake in this election.

"Throughout my career, I've been a consistent and strong supporter of reproductive justice, and have consistently had a 100% pro-choice rating with Planned Parenthood and NARAL Pro-Choice America.

"When South Dakota passed a law banning all abortions in a direct effort to have Roe overruled, I was the only candidate for President to raise money to help the citizens of South Dakota repeal that law. When anti-choice protesters blocked the opening of an Illinois Planned Parenthood clinic in a community where affordable health care is in short supply, I was the only candidate for President who spoke out against it. And I will continue to defend this right by passing the Freedom of Choice Act as president.

"Moreover, I believe in and have supported common-sense solutions like increasing access to affordable birth control to help prevent unintended pregnancies. In the Illinois state Senate, when Congress failed to require insurance plans to cover FDA-approved contraceptives, I made sure those contraceptives were covered for women in Illinois. In the U.S. Senate, I've worked with Senator Claire McCaskill (D-MO) on a bill that would make birth control more affordable for low-income and college women, and introduced the Senate version of Representative Hilda Solis' bill to reduce unintended pregnancies in communities of color. As President, I will improve access to affordable health care and work to ensure that our teens are getting the information and services they need to stay safe and healthy.

"But we also know that Roe v. Wade is about more than a woman's right to choose; it's about equality. It's about whether our daughters are going to have the same opportunities as our sons. And so to truly honor that decision, we need to update the social contract so that women can free themselves, and their children, from violent relationships; so that a mom can stay home with a sick child without getting a pink slip; so that she can go to work knowing that there's affordable, quality childcare for her children; and so that the American dream is within reach for every family in this country. This anniversary reminds us that it's not enough to protect the gains of the past – we have to build a future that's filled with hope and possibility for all Americans."
    http://www.barackobama.com/2008/01/22/o ... annive.php

It is not non existent. It's just been put on the back burner because they knew they couldn't get it passed during Bush's administration. Even if they had passed it he would likely have vetoed it. Now of course when reintroduced they may call it something else. But it will essentially be the same and it's on his agenda by his own words.

And from one of the sources you cited:

JEFFERSON CITY | House lawmakers this morning voted overwhelmingly in favor of a resolution opposing the federal Freedom of Choice Act.

The law, known as FOCA , was introduced in Congress in 2007 but did not pass and has not been introduced since. If passed, it would prohibit state and local governments from denying or interfering with a woman's right to an abortion.

The House resolution , which is not binding and only expresses the chamber's opinion on the subject, passed 116 to 40 with wide Republican support and dozens of Democratic votes.

Supporters used the debate -- which stretched over two days -- to emphasize their anti-abortion views, but also argued that FOCA infringed on states' rights to create laws reflecting the will of their citizens.

The resolution will be sent to President Obama, Congressional leaders and every member of Missouri's Congressional delegation.

In campaign appearances, Obama has said he supports FOCA legislation.

http://primebuzz.kcstar.com/?q=node/17105

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12