Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Brain Freeze: Nancy Pelosi trips over 'soy beans,' asks reporter to 'repoot' question

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Brain Freeze: Nancy Pelosi trips over 'soy beans,' asks reporter to 'repoot' question

Nancy Pelosi trips over 'soy beans,' asks reporter to 'repoot' question

Jun 28, 2018

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I don't see that as dementia. I see it as old age where one thinks faster than they can speak, and in my case, faster than I can type. I skip words and have to go back and edit what I wrote. Same thing in talking, I may skip words and have to repeat a thought to make sure I included all the words. For me it has been a lifetime. When I began writing on the net, I was a hunt-and-peck typist. I have gotten much better over the years. Not as good as some here who can type a whole page in the time I type one sentence!

I think Nancy knows the words she wants to say, its just getting them out. Not the same as dementia where she wouldn't know where she is.

She acts like she has had some small strokes. I am not a doctor, but it seems like something is definitely wrong with her. Either that or she had too many drinks for lunch.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    jtdc wrote (excerpt):

I think Nancy knows the words she wants to say, its just getting them out. Not the same as dementia where she wouldn't know where she is.
    There are different stages, or levels if you will, to dementia. Heck, there are even different types. For example, there is Alzheimer's disease, which is the most common type of dementia. Then there's dementia with lewy bodies, vascular dementia, Parkinson's disease, Frontotemporal dementia, and mixed dementia.

Source: https://www.healthline.com/health/dementia/stages#types

I'd say there is the possibility that she is in the early stage of some form of dementia. Searching for words and struggling with words you used to know is a symptom of memory impairment. Honestly, I'm 59 years old and I too sometimes catch myself searching for or struggling with words I used to be able to rattle off with ease. Hopefully dementia is not in my future. Really haven't given it much thought up to this point.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Moving from General Discussion to Other Topics since immigration is not mentioned. Hurts to watch her talk.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    There are different stages, or levels if you will, to dementia. Heck, there are even different types. For example, there is Alzheimer's disease, which is the most common type of dementia.
    My mother had advanced Alzheimer's. As she advanced she could not remember things. But she was very good at faking it. Not what you would see as confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Then there's dementia with lewy bodies
    Again, sleep disturbances, hallucination, imbalance, movement difficulties, do you see those in Nancy? Dementia "with lewy bodies", a combination that can cause confusion.

vascular dementia
    Basically a stroke which can cause paralysis, yet leave your thinking intact.

Parkinson's disease
    We've seen many examples of people with Parkinson's Disease, like Muhammad Ali and Michael J. Fox, who have physical limitations, but still think clearly. And Muscular Sclerosis the people like Annette Funicello and Neal Cavuto suffer from which is related to Parkinson's disease. But to see some of these people, you might think they suffered dementia.

Have you the credentials to diagnose any of these without tests?

I'd say there is the possibility that she is in the early stage of some form of dementia.
    Well there is a real safe statement. How many of us could be in the early stages of some form of ailment? I have another relative who has medium Alzheimer's. She repeats things she said a moment ago. But others see her as cognizant. And even though she told me she had been diagnosed several years ago, she now insists she doesn't have it.

Searching for words and struggling with words you used to know is a symptom of memory impairment. Honestly, I'm 59 years old and I too sometimes catch myself searching for or struggling with words I used to be able to rattle off with ease.
    So you are saying we should not take any of your comments as intelligent? We should put you out to pasture? I'm 71. So I must be worse off than you.

In conversations I often have trouble remembering names. I've never been good at it. When I'm conversing with my brother and either of us have trouble thinking of a name, we joke that we must have Alzheimer's.

Hopefully dementia is not in my future. Really haven't given it much thought up to this point.
    Or maybe you just can't remember!

Quote Originally Posted by gabelle39 View Post
    She acts like she has had some small strokes. I am not a doctor, but it seems like something is definitely wrong with her. Either that or she had too many drinks for lunch.
    She's befuddled, tongue-twisted. It's hard trying to make what Trump and the Republicans have done and are doing look bad.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    It's hard trying to make what Trump and the Republicans have done and are doing look bad.
    That could drive her to drink!

Trump will drive a lot of people crazy, especially the ones who hate or envy him for one reason or another. Trump will just keep winning and winning, in spite of them, because he works so hard, never stops, never quits, if one way doesn't work, he'll figure out another way to get what he wants. Every time they think "we've got him now" with whatever poison they're using, he just makes it all blow up in their faces. So yeah, liquor sales in DC should be very good during the Trump Administration, which is so ironic, because he doesn't drink, making him not only the smartest guy in the room, but the only sober one!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Trump will drive a lot of people crazy, especially the ones who hate or envy him for one reason or another. Trump will just keep winning and winning, in spite of them, because he works so hard, never stops, never quits, if one way doesn't work, he'll figure out another way to get what he wants. Every time they think "we've got him now" with whatever poison they're using, he just makes it all blow up in their faces. So yeah, liquor sales in DC should be very good during the Trump Administration, which is so ironic, because he doesn't drink, making him not only the smartest guy in the room, but the only sober one!!

Since his working so hard, never stops, never quits, includes DACA and amnesty---I wish he would take a break.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast