Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0012/18/nd.01.html

http://www.newsgateway.ca/bush_dictator.htm
    Yeah, that's some serious evidence. What's next, are you going to use one of Giuliani's SNL appearances for a quote against him? Sheesh!

I don’t have to, Bush clearly said it. It is well documented. If you don’t like my sources, then by all means look it up yourself and just to make it easier for you, I'll provide the qoute:

Friday, July 27, 2001
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Banned
    [quote=jp_48504]
    Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504":1wimyn4e]http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0012/18/nd.01.html

[url="http://www.newsgateway.ca/bush_dictator.htm
    http://www.newsgateway.ca/bush_dictator.htm[/url]
    Yeah, that's some serious evidence. What's next, are you going to use one of Giuliani's SNL appearances for a quote against him? Sheesh!

I don’t have to, Bush clearly said it. It is well documented. If you don’t like my sources, then by all means look it up yourself and just to make it easier for you, I'll provide the qoute:

Friday, July 27, 2001
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."[/quote:1wimyn4e]
    It was a joke.

When your argument is so weak that you have to start scouring the headlines for a joke to make your point, that's pretty bad.

I see no humor in such a statement.

Is this a joke as well?

"Anyway, after we go out and work our hearts out, after you go out and help us turn out the vote, after we've convinced the good Americans to vote, and while they're at it, pull that old George W lever, if I'm the one, when I put my hand on the Bible, when I put my hand on the Bible, that day when they swear us in, when I put my hand on the Bible, I will swear to not - to uphold the laws of the land." Toledo, Ohio, October 27 2000

"There ought to be limits to freedom!"

Read the Patriot Act, which he signed and pushed for and the successive laws that followed it.

I am now done with this thread.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Banned

Is this a joke as well?

"Anyway, after we go out and work our hearts out, after you go out and help us turn out the vote, after we've convinced the good Americans to vote, and while they're at it, pull that old George W lever, if I'm the one, when I put my hand on the Bible, when I put my hand on the Bible, that day when they swear us in,{b] when I put my hand on the Bible, I will swear to not - to uphold the laws of the land."[/b] Toledo, Ohio, October 27 2000

Read the Patriot Act, which he signed and pushed for and the successive laws that followed it.

Good grief, jp! Now you're taking one of Dubya's famous stammers as "proof" that he's a dictator. I will not continue this conversation with you, but I will be happy to address the concerns of rational individuals who understand that it was also CONGRESS, not the President, that passed the Patriot Act and that it was nothing more than a rehash of the Antiterrorist Bill that Clinton had been pushing. You're brainlocked to the extent that you can't see the forest for the Bushes.

Is this a joke as well?

"Anyway, after we go out and work our hearts out, after you go out and help us turn out the vote, after we've convinced the good Americans to vote, and while they're at it, pull that old George W lever, if I'm the one, when I put my hand on the Bible, when I put my hand on the Bible, that day when they swear us in,{b] when I put my hand on the Bible, I will swear to not - to uphold the laws of the land."[/b] Toledo, Ohio, October 27 2000

Good grief, jp! Now you're taking one of Dubya's famous stammers as "proof" that he's a dictator. I will not continue this conversation with you, but I will be happy to address the concerns of rational individuals who understand that it was also CONGRESS, not the President, that passed the Patriot Act and that it was nothing more than a rehash of the Antiterrorist Bill that Clinton had been pushing. You're brainlocked to the extent that you can't see the forest for the Bushes.

Congress voted for the Patriot Act, but who is it that signed it into law. He also pushed for it in the media and told members of Congress that it must pass to keep America Safe.

I am sorry if you are offended about what I say about Bush, but your personal attacks will not change my mind. You seem bent on arguing with me today and I'm not sure why, but it is time for this thread to be locked.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123