Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA-Balance of whites, nonwhites on L.A. voter rolls closer t

Balance of whites, nonwhites on L.A. voter rolls closer to reality, Times poll finds

LA TIMES
    8:44 AM | July 6, 2009

A decade ago, political analysts talked about a significant gap between the population of the city of Los Angeles (mostly Latino and black) and its voters (mostly white).

Today, there is almost no gap -- at least not between registered voters and the citizen population -- according to Census data and a recently released Los Angeles Times Poll. The poll was conducted for the Times by Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research.

The city of Los Angeles has almost 2.9 million residents 18 or older, according to the latest Census data. Not quite 2 million of those residents are U.S. citizens. And of those, about 1.6 million (or roughly 80%) were registered to vote last month, according to the latest data from the California secretary of state’s office.

That rate of voter registration is somewhat higher than the national average. Whites still make up a bigger share of registered voters than of the voting-age citizen population, according to the poll, and the voter share for Latinos is just a bit lower than their share of the eligible population. But in both cases, the gaps are just barely larger than the poll’s margin of error of plus or minus 2.6 percentage points.

According to the poll, 49% of the registered voters surveyed identified themselves as white. Among the voting age citizen population, whites are 44%. Latinos were 26% of the poll sample and are 29% of the citizen population 18 or older. There was no gap for blacks, who make up 14% of the registered voter pool. There was a somewhat larger gap for people of Asian ancestry -- 5% in the poll and 11% among the voting-age citizen population.

Latinos overall are 43% of the city’s population 18 and older, but the gap between that figure and the Latino share of the voting population no longer reflects a lower level of voter registration, but rather is a function of citizenship. About 23% of the city’s Latino residents 18 or older are not citizens, making them ineligible to vote.

--David Lauter

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2 ... finds.html

Latinos overall are 43% of the city’s population 18 and older, but the gap between that figure and the Latino share of the voting population no longer reflects a lower level of voter registration, but rather is a function of citizenship. About 23% of the city’s Latino residents 18 or older are not citizens, making them ineligible to vote.
    Wait a minute. So Latinos are 43% of the city's population, but yet over half of those are illegal, or not citizens? Are we expected to believe that not one of those illegals has voted?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would say yes they are voting, illegally.
    They use stolen or fraudulent ID's. Some have multiple ID's.

Some have been voting for years so they are not questioned.

All you have to do is look at all of the "gangs" that when Senator Diane Feinstein did an investigative report she found 80% of the gangs in LA County were illegals.

That is most likely the same statistic of the population as a whole.

Can you imagine if LA was no longer a "Sanctuary City" and they all had to go back to Mexico?

Water shortages?, traffic? Gangs?, Graffitti?, Speaking English? Spanish TV goes away with Spanish Radio?

Americans could actually come back to live in LA.

Northern California (moved back to fight for our land and freedom)
    I've been voting for years and when I go in to the polling place in my Hispanic community I have to pull out birth certificate, driver's license, voter registration card and about six month's of bills. I'm your typical old while woman and I speak English. As I wait for my time in the booth I am treated to about an hour of nothing but Spanish being spoken and I never see them question any of them for voter cards, driver's license.

Please, don't tell me that illegals are not voting. Of course, I'm a racist and domestic terrorist for saying that.

I don't think most of us are concerned about the legal immigrants. Illegal is what produces what I deal with.