Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Calif. unemployment rate jumps to 8.4 percent

Calif. unemployment rate jumps to 8.4 percent
    By MARCUS WOHLSEN

California's unemployment rate climbed to 8.4 percent in November, the third-highest rate in the nation, federal officials said Friday.

The jobless rate announced by the U.S. Department of Labor was up from 5.7 percent a year earlier, and 8.2 percent in October. Only Michigan and Rhode Island posted higher jobless rates than California.

The agency said California shed 41,700 jobs last month, bringing the total jobs lost over the past year to 136,000. Florida and North Carolina were the only states to lose more jobs in November.

The U.S. unemployment rate rose to 6.7 percent in November -- a 15-year high. The nation lost 533,000 jobs last month, the largest monthly job loss in 34 years.

Just over 15 million Californians held payroll jobs last month. The number of people unemployed in California rose to 1.56 million, up by more than a half-million since November 2007, state officials said.

Of those unemployed, 679,200 were laid off, 97,200 left their jobs voluntarily, and the remaining were new to the labor market last month.

The jump in joblessness comes as California's unemployment insurance fund teeters on the brink of insolvency. The fund is expected to have a deficit of $2.4 billion at the end of 2009.

To keep unemployment checks coming, the state may have to borrow from the federal government for only the second time since the program was established in the 1930s.

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger cited Friday's numbers after vowing to veto an $18 billion deficit reduction plan that Democrats pushed through the Legislature on Thursday. The Republican governor said the plan didn't include the economic stimulus package he demanded.

"I've said countless times that any budget plan sent to my desk must include real stimulus that creates jobs," Schwarzenegger said in a statement Friday.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financia ... 5VO800.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Unoccupied Southeast Georgia But Not For Much Longer
    Yet Mexifornia still continues to provide healthcare, welfare, education, foodstamps, unemployment insurance and jobs to illegal aliens with the LA county supervisor saying illegal immigration is having a devastating financial impact on his county. This "government" is determined to destroy this country for open borders, cheap illegal labor and illegal alien votes.
    There is no freedom without the law. Remember our veterans whose sacrifices allow us to live in freedom.

You don't have to tell me! I'm a college grad and have been unable to find employment in this state for two years! I'm going to be the one standing in front of Home Depot if things do not change. Hopefully, the illegal invaders will find it in their heart to allow me to share a street corner or sidewalk, while I seek work in my own country!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by retiredairforce
    Yet Mexifornia still continues to provide healthcare, welfare, education, foodstamps, unemployment insurance and jobs to illegal aliens with the LA county supervisor saying illegal immigration is having a devastating financial impact on his county. This "government" is determined to destroy this country for open borders, cheap illegal labor and illegal alien votes.

Grrr...dont remind me!

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    You don't have to tell me! I'm a college grad and have been unable to find employment in this state for two years! I'm going to be the one standing in front of Home Depot if things do not change. Hopefully, the illegal invaders will find it in their heart to allow me to share a street corner or sidewalk, while I seek work in my own country!
    I know an unemployed white American construction worker who tried getting hired at a day labor line. Nobody would hire him, they wanted Latinos instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    I know an unemployed white American construction worker who tried getting hired at a day labor line. Nobody would hire him, they wanted Latinos instead.
    Great...since i'm a white male, I guess standing in front of Home Depot and or utilizing a day laborer site can be crossed off my list as potential sources of employment.

It just keeps getting better doesn't it!

Great...since i'm a white male, I guess standing in front of Home Depot and or utilizing a day laborer site can be crossed off my list as potential sources of employment.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    so Dye your skin, say no speak Englise while eating a burrito at home depot.. maybe that will confuse corrupt business owners long enough to get a job

You could go to Save Our State and organize a protest in front of your Congresspersons office, demanding they kick out the illegals so you can get a job!!

Or ask your City to adopt an ordinance requiring all employers use e-verify.

You could go to Save Our State and organize a protest in front of your Congresspersons office, demanding they kick out the illegals so you can get a job!!

Or ask your City to adopt an ordinance requiring all employers use e-verify.
    Yea...or maybe in can get the **** out of California and let mexico and the illegal invaders have it, as i'm getting sick and tired of writting letters/ calling my Congressman, House of Rep (Dana Rohrabacher...who is in the small minority of elected officials in this state who is on our side, but yet has been unable to promote any real change in this state, despite being in office almost 20 years . Diane feinstein and barbara boxer are worthless pieces of shit on this issue and I have stopped even trying to persuade then on this issue because it's pointless), participating in protests ( yes... I do that as well bowman) to no avail in this state!

But thanks for the suggestions....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast