Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is Caller ID an invasion of our privacy?

Is Caller ID an invasion of our privacy?

Why should we have to reveal our identity when calling someone?
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?

You can block your number from showing up on Caller ID.

No! Don't call my house, if you don't want me to know who you are.

I'll tell you what the real invasion is. People calling me that I never gave my phone number to! That's intrusive and rude. I will stop using my Caller ID when unsolicited callers, quit calling me.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My policy: NO ID - NO ANSWER!

National Do Not Call Registry

https://www.donotcall.gov/

Quote Originally Posted by gofer
    You can block your number from showing up on Caller ID.
    Yes, but then you can't call a person with Caller ID. Doesn't that limit your freedom?

same here. If you don't want me to know who is calling then I don't need to talk to you.
    **Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "man, what a rid

Quote Originally Posted by harleycritter
    same here. If you don't want me to know who is calling then I don't need to talk to you.
    OK, I see what you're saying, but consider the issue from the callers point of view. If you are calling somebody, why should you have to give up your private information just to use your own telephone? Why do you have to "show your papers" just to make a phone call?

like wise why should I be bothered by some one who does not want me to know who they are.... remember you are calling me it would be my choice. I don't see where that would be a problem unless you are into making obscene phone calls.
    **Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "man, what a rid

Sure you can block your number, but if people also have privacy manager, then you have the opportunity to state who you are and if they want to speak with you they just press 1......

A phone is for the convenience and use of the party who holds that number, its not for public consumption, 99% of people communicate with those they chose too, not the telemarketing divisions, from whom the whole concept of caller id took off. An unknown caller is intruding on my privacy and phone. Not the other way around. Most of us already know the numbers of the people we talk with or want to talk with.

I agree with all here, if I can't find out who you are, then I would make a good bet, I don't want to talk with you.

I just love those DO-NOT CALL Lists, myself.

I know where you are going with this question and NO AGAIN to REAL ID! :P Caller ID is privacy........REALID is intrusion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast